It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:41 pm

So our landlord is re-doing the septic system in the backyard this week. It's been draining improperly and backing up into our washing machine (don't get me started... needless to say I've used a LOT of bleach lately). Long story short they've been digging up the septic field which just happens to be right along the dog run that we put Koda on.

They left today and will be back tomorrow. They said they cleaned up and I said "Is it completely clean? The dogs go out back, there's nothing left out that would make them sick right?" I was given a strict affirmative. (NOTE: I admit complete fault here for not checking myself. Although it's annoying that the people were dumb, I should have checked myself.) I thus tied them up quick before meal time and brought them in 5 mins later.

Koda comes in, runs around for a minute and 5 mins later while John is getting ready to feed them, he vomits black disgustingness on the floor that smelled RANK!! John ran outside and the "cleaned up" field showed piles of septic dirt (for those that are unfamiliar, the sewage from the toilet gets leached into a field in a septic system. The field is basically bacteria-filled dirt mixed with human waste that is black in color. But normally it's covered with a couple feet of clean soil on top. Well- the idiots piled the septic dirt on top in some places-- not my idea of "cleaned up".)

Anyway, after we established what Koda ate... we decided to induce vomiting **ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR VET BEFORE DOING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!** We have done it a few times and we're confident in our method and reasoning. We use 3 teaspoons for every 20 lbs. Since Koda is 60 lbs, we gave him about 9 tsp of hydrogren peroxide (the kind you get from a drug store). We brought him outside and within minutes he vomited his entire stomach's contents of BLACK DISGUSTING GOO. BLEH!!

That was my evening. Koda was fine after he vomited about 10 times. He started drinking water after that and bouncing around after the hose (we were hosing down the areas he puked to avoid this happening again and John covered up the contaminated dirt, but they will be heavily supervised from now on!) We skipped his dinner and fed him some scrambled eggs instead. He's doing just fine. Stupid sh*t eating dog. Ugh... so gross!!

Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:09 pm

how gross, i hate how you can not trust peoples words anymore! glad Koda is doing ok now.

Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Wonder how the workers would like some of what you cleaned up in their lunches????? People really suck sometimes! I am assuming you are going to say or have said something to them about it?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:37 pm

I just told them that they need to make sure if they dig to not get leave the septic dirt on top because the dogs will eat anything. I think he looked a bit ashamed. I've been taking the dogs out on leashes all day... so he knows something's up.

Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 am

speaking of a sh*t eating dog...any advice on my pug?? she will crap and eat it in a heartbeat! Ive tried putting meat tenderizer in her food and even teh prescribed stuff from the vets office. grr its gross!!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:48 am

No clue other than picking it up right away Sad Luckily, that's a problem I haven't had to deal with... Koda just digs up dirt and eats it... this dirt was just not normal dirt. Eiw.

Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:01 pm

i wish i could...this happens when we are not at home. she will poop and eat it while we are not at home :-( wish i could fix it cuz i know this cannot be good for her tummy! but she never has any vomiting issues from it...so who knows
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Septic systems are different too... whereas regular poop isn't GOOD to eat, it's not as bad as septic dirt which contains a LOT of bacteria and decomposition. It's toxic to humans and animals. As much as eating poo sucks, stop it if you can, but as long as she doesn't have vomiting/upset stomach issues, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:42 am

LOL thats what we say!! its just disgusting! :-(
Back to top Go down
maiisiku
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Eww and I'm glad he's ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting   Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting Empty

Back to top Go down

Sh*t Husky... A story of induced vomiting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1