It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Am I in the wrong here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

Am I in the wrong here? Empty
PostSubject: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:00 pm

So I took Vegeta to the dog park in my apartment complex today to play with his usual friends. He is four and a half months old and his friends range from a 3 year old doberman all the way to two 12 week old lab puppies. They always play great, never had any incidents. Anyways, today I walk down to the park and there is another husky in there that was about a year old. So I'm excited, he can play with another husky. They are playing great when Vegeta starts to hump her, she isn't overly fond of it and gets him off. I pull him aside, give him a stern no and let him play some more. Little later he starts humping her again so I grab him off, give him a baby spank, tell him no and he gets a time out. I'm just like he's 4 months, he's a baby and doesn't know any better yet (this is his first humping incident) so he plays some more. I'm talking to the other owners and am giving one of the puppies a little loving when I hear someone yelling "no". I look up to see a girl pulling Vegeta off her husky. I come and grab him and she starts going off on me. She rants and rants about how he shouldn't be humping her cause she could be in heat because she does a "silent heat" and doesn't bleed when she's in heat. and she doesn't want her dog getting pregnant. So my question is did I really do anything wrong? Yes, Vegeta shouldn't be humping and I'm working on that, but he's still a pup and doesn't know any better. Also at 4 months can that even happen? I don't see how it's my fault that you don't know if your dog is in heat. She's at a dog park with other dogs, regardless of her being in heat of not she'll more than likely be humped. Alright, rant over.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Her fault totally. If you think your dog is in heat, don't take them to the dog park PERIOD! It's not allowed in most dog parks. I'd read the rules at your park and if it says no dogs in heat, I'd politely point that out to her!

Am I in the wrong here? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:32 pm

If she fusses at you anymore, tell her to get her dog fixed or quit going to the dog park. It's HER responsibility to keep her dog from being bred, not everyone elses.

Am I in the wrong here? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
ChillyBeach
Teenager
Teenager
ChillyBeach

Male Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:46 pm

If her dog is in heat she could have started a dog fight at the park. Totally her fault. Spaying/neutering is far cheaper than getting accidental puppies. And if she really wants to breed her dog, she should know better.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Definitely her fault. Although when I go to the dog park I am constantly on top of Link as not all owners are as responsible as I'd hope them to be (this lady is a perfect example). Link is an un-neutered male and I have no idea what females are fixed, and what females aren't, and of course he wants to hump them all regardless. Counting the days down until he gets neutered x.x

edit- I just wanted to add that I know some parks have some different rules, ours only bans females in heat and says nothing about unaltered males so Link is okay to be there Smile

Last edited by Mobezilla on Sun May 05, 2013 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Her fault, most dog parks around my area do not allow unaltered dogs. How the park admins know if a bitch has been fixed is beyond me, but a requirement.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:15 pm

you are not in the wrong.. A dog in heat whether bleeding or silence heat should not be at a dog park. The dog parks here rules say dogs that are not spay or neuter are not allowed that doesnot mean it happens. I know of some females brought to the dog park that were not spayed and males that were still intact.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Definitely her fault. That's ridiculous. Next time you run into her, I would definitely have a little "chat" about her bringing her intact female who "may or may not" be in heat and how if your puppy mounts her, that is in no way or shape your fault. If she wants to keep her female intact, she needs to be responsible about it. She could have started a major all out brawl that could have ended in serious injury. Shame on her. I would call you apartment landlord or whatever and complain. That is not safe for her dog, your dog, or any other dog that is at that park. And, like stated, is more then likely against park rules.

Definitely not your fault and I would seriously contemplate complaining to whoever is in charge about that lady; because I'm assuming it isn't the first time and it won't be the last time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:29 am

She was in the wrong as others have said for bringing an in heat bitch to the dog park, that is asking for trouble. She could have easily started a massive dog fight with that. It is so irresponsible! But to answer your question, if his testicles have descended and he does tie with the bitch there could be a chance for puppies absolutely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
GingerDog
Puppy
Puppy
GingerDog

Female Join date : 2013-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:41 am

Not your fault, she owns an intact female and needs to be responsible with her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I in the wrong here?   Am I in the wrong here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I in the wrong here?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1