It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Lupine Harness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

Female Join date : 2013-02-09

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:37 pm

Hey everyone,

Sorry for all of the questions lately. Kiya comes home in three weeks, and I am getting the final touches done. I am looking at Lupine Harnesses on their actual site. She will be 8 weeks old when I bring her home, so what size harness should I get for her? 10"-13" 14"-18".

Also do I get the step in harness?

http://store.lupinepet.com/small-dog-step-in-harnesses/

Or Roman Harness

http://store.lupinepet.com/small-dog-roman-harnesses/

Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:49 pm

what i'm doing with my Maya is just buying her the cheapest harness i can get at PetSmart until she is done growing. i got her a harness at 8 weeks and had to get her a new one about a week ago and she is about 22 weeks old now
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:33 am

Honestly, while she is still growing like every other week, just start out buying the cheap stuff. No reason to blow like $100 in the first 6 months just for a harness and collar set! No reason at all Smile.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:19 am

Seeing as the PetSmart harnesses usually run $15-$20, $15 for a lupine harness isnt that bad Smile I find the step in harness easier to put on, but personally like the style of the roman, so either looks good to me! Although personally I didn't buy Yuki a harness until she was older and just trained her to walk on a collar that lasted her the first three months Smile
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:42 am

That is true!! I forgot Lupine is so reasonably priced!

Still, I got cheap crap until Shebs was like, 8 months lol!!

I too just used a collar for the longest time. I tried a harness once and it was a disaster.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:15 am

Since the Lupine is returnable or should I say exchangable upon distruction I would wait until older personally whicihs what I did I ordered mine for Bourbon the other dayand he is 9mo. I would go local for the first one.
But if you are goona pack the harness away for the next puppy it would be a good investment, not that they are expensive.

ElectroManiac
Newborn
Newborn
ElectroManiac

Male Join date : 2013-05-04

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:40 am

Between those two I will take the roman over the step harness. I once got a harness with the same configuration as the small dog step and Molly with just one back jump she escape from it. Husky are Houdini type of dog.

My recommendation is get one like the roman the cheaper you can get as she will outgrow it really quick.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:01 pm

I find pet stores can just be really expensive and over-priced, so maybe look around on amazon for some clearance items if you're already ordering online anyway ^.-
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:18 pm

I personally say a step in for a pup until the are trained to be calm for the "here comes the Harness". THey are wiggle balls and the roman are not that easy to pull on a wiggle worm. Bourbon has only had the step in when I get one that is for pulling or biking I might go roman as they sit differently. Just depends.

ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Alicia22 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Sorry for all of the questions lately.  Kiya comes home in three weeks, and I am getting the final touches done.  I am looking at Lupine  Harnesses on their actual site.  She will be 8 weeks old when I bring her home, so what size harness should I get for her? 10"-13" 14"-18".

Hi there, just wondering if you did pick up a harness prior to getting your pup and what size you got? They sell Lupine at a local store here as I live in Maine and was going to get one but didn't know what size.
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

Female Join date : 2013-02-09

Lupine Harness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lupine Harness   Lupine Harness EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:28 pm

I went with a small
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lupine Harness Empty