It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheOhioStateHusky
Newborn
Newborn
TheOhioStateHusky

Male Join date : 2013-05-12

Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!  Empty
PostSubject: Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!    Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!  EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Hello everyone,
My roommate and I just bought Gracie a Female Husky she is a ball of energy and loves to play. She is 2 months old on the 14th of this month (May) and we got her from a breeder. This is for both of us our first puppy and we both want tons of advice about her!! First off the breeder told us to stay on Purina Healthy morsels because that what she was feeding her when we got her. After reading about how unhealthy and non filling it is (within these forums) i kinda want to move her to something more hardy and healthy. We want her to grow up big and strong!! she suppose to be a big girl and live long because he grandma and grandpa are still alive along with her mom and dad. We actually got to meet all of her family before we left the breeder. So what i'm asking is to just tell me what i should do. Right now she wakes up at 6AM Every morning ready to use the bathroom outside. She is sort of cage trained if we don't get to her in enough time she stools and pees all over her cage!! like this morning ;(. We either let her go out and then bring her in and feed her around 8am 1 cup of Purina garbage lol and then around 5pm we feed her again 1 cup of Purina. She plays outside with another puppy next door Riley a German Shepherd and loves her to death. Everyday we take her on a little walk around our house about 1/2 mile maybe less then she pees and we bring her in. She is kinda obeying us but not really which is expected from a puppy i assume. Hopefully i put everything i need to in this long paragraph for you guys to help us.
Help with
-What to feed her BBW i see is the thing on this forum and it looks great so should we switch and to what flavor.
-Is her activity level good for a puppy at 2 month
-what else should we know and do!!

Thanks!! she thanks you also!
Please disregard spelling errors she is sitting on my lab curious to what I'm doing!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!    Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!  EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:36 pm

-What to feed her BBW i see is the thing on this forum and it looks great so should we switch and to what flavor.

BBW only comes in one flavor for puppies which is chicken. You need to gradually switch her over to it (mixing it with her old food) so you can see how she adjusts to it.

-Is her activity level good for a puppy at 2 month

At two months she should only be exercising for ten minutes right now and you need to be careful of where you take her as she hasn't had all her shots yet. Its five minutes for every month old that she is.

Treats will help to get her to do what needs to be done. You also should be taking her out every hour or so to potty, as puppies can only hold it an hour for every month they are (so like a two month old can only really hold it for two to three hours but that's really pushing it.) So to prevent accidents in the kennel, you need to get up periodically through the night with her.

Welcome to the forum and the fun of having a husky puppy!!
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!    Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!  EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:26 pm

TheOhioStateHusky wrote:

Not raise her in an Ohio State household Razz

Welcome and good luck! I'm sure others will have lots of good advice!
Back to top Go down
TheOhioStateHusky
Newborn
Newborn
TheOhioStateHusky

Male Join date : 2013-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!    Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!  EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:54 pm

LOL I knew some Team up North fan would come into this forum!! Very Happy .... Ill agree to disagree on this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!    Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gracie part of our new Ohio State traditions and family!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1