It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Koda's kennel (work in progress)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) Empty
PostSubject: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:53 am

Soo i started this thread to show how i am building kodas new kennel i guess you can call it. Ive seen a few threads the last few weeks asking about ideas for runs or kennels.. Well ill explain kodas a little and update pictures as me and my dad finish it. Koda will be in here when im not home. The set up is a breeze way (inclosed porch) that has a/c and heat.. Carpeted and he will have food and water in it.. There is a dog door leading from the breezeway outside to a kennel so he can go in and out as he wants. The dog door you can see in the picture isnt the one i got for him. That was one that was put in when we had smaller dogs.. We got a bigger door that we havnt installed yet.. The outside part will have a 6ft chain link fence.. And then along the fence we already poured a concrete footer that is about 5-6inches deep so koda would have to tunnel under it to dig his way out. Here are some pictures.. I didnt get any inside pictures yet maybe ill try to get some tonite or tomorrow.
work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) B33BED49-8F77-4223-928C-4EE593F24A74-13155-00000659A244345B_zpsbbb2f563

work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) 76FE8186-3B56-410B-8EEC-EE15A0F90F24-13155-000006599E8A7A0E_zpsa680683a

work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) F95FF51B-3214-4577-9B39-BC55E81118FA-13155-0000065998A075C4_zpsdf74995a
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:59 am

Any suggestions or comments are welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:15 am

Looks good so far. What are you doing for a cover? Also, what are the dimensions out of curiosity?

I have no suggestions as I've no experience with outdoor runs but I am looking forward to following your progress.

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:23 am

Cover for over the fence? I wasnt going to do one since he can go inside at his own will.. I might if he starts to climb the fence trying to get out. I cant remember the exact dimensions off the top of my head but i think the length is 30 ft and about 8-10ft wide. The inside is going to look real nice. Part of the reason its taking so long is because the walls and ceiling are all knotty pine. Which we have to sand and stain.. There is also going to be a electric fire place, and ac unit.. And i think my mom wants a TV in their too lol.. He is going to have the nicest room in the house! Lol
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeah the cover would be for keeping him from climbing out, plus it might be useful on rainy days so a) he can go out while it's raining and b) to cut down on mud which may get tracked inside and/or may get all over him. Not sure how much you enjoy muddy clean up of the dog and breezeway. Razz

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:12 pm

That might be a good idea.. Ill have to see how it plays out and talk to my parents about it. He stays in a kennel right now at my sisters house (she is m next door neighbor) when im not home now. Its basically same set up. He has a part of the garage that is for him to stay inside then he has a run outside.. And he doesnt really go outside much when its raining. But if its starts getting messy i might figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:55 am

Wow dude nice run! Does the dog door go into the house or the garage?
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:02 am

Hughie wrote:
Wow dude nice run!  Does the dog door go into the house or the garage?

It goes into a thing we call a breezeway. Its kind of like a indoor porch. It connects our house to the garage. I will try to take a pic of that today. We are building a addition and the kennel is part of it, thats why its taking so long. We are adding the garage, breezeway, living room, dining room, and a basement under the living and dining room. Pretty much all yhr exterior to the addition is done, still workong on interior. Im hoping koda can move into his new kennel within the next month or 2
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:20 pm

First off no outside kennel experience but just questions and curiosity. What will the ground be dirt concrete and grass? Almost looks like footers of concrete with dirt(potentially grass) inside the footers? Will the AC and fireplace you mentioned be in the breezeway or did you mean he is getting a room of knotty pine outside? Just curious? Also is there an area of shade outside and a sunny area outside in the kennel. Bourbon loves to stay outside on a hot day in the shade in summer and in fall he loves to stay in the sun. Once it is done you might have an area for a baby kiddie pool too?

PS AWESOME I want one!

Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:29 pm

The ground is grass. It already grew. But me and my dad talked if we have trouble with him digging then we will dig it up and pour concrete but he is already 1 and hasnt dug to much so im not to worried about it. And yes thats exactly what we did we pour a footer around it, i think we did about 6" deep 6" wide. The ac and fire place will be in the breezeway. Koda will have constant acess to the breezeway with the heat and ac. The breezeway has the knotty pine. It actually looks really nice. I think its funny cause its pretty much going to be his room and it looks the nicest in the house lol. The kennel is up against the back of the garage. So usually there is shade from the garage most of the day. But i might look into something in the future like val mentioned above. And as for the kiddy pool i probably wont leave one out there for him. Id use a kiddy pool when im with him, cause i dont want him to track as much mud and water in the breeze way. I feel he will just make a mess back there with a kiddy pool lol. I am thinking about putting a sand pit or something eventually for him to dig in if he wants too.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Cool soubds great. Ahh good idea of the mess with the pool. I like that you are able to make it how you want it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koda's kennel (work in progress)   work - Koda's kennel (work in progress) Empty

Back to top Go down

Koda's kennel (work in progress)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1