It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

gate recommendation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

gate recommendation? Empty
PostSubject: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:51 am

Does anyone have a recommendation for a husky-proof gate to use in the house? I am moving and will want to gate off the carpeted areas. I don't need extra wide, but I prefer the kind that humans can walk through (like a gate inside the gate).
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:41 am

You can generally find some good ones on Amazon for Sub $50.

Amazon.com - Pet gates

The Carlson Ones tend to go on sale a bunch and have good reviews.

Carson - Pet gate

That was the one we were looking at a while back. I think it was like 20 bucks with shipping at some point, but it wouldn't fit the stairs where we normally like to place ours. Do so love the cat door on them though Wink

Either way I would start on Amazon, and read the reviews Smile

~Chris~

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:25 am

I have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Easy-Step-Walk-White/dp/B001OC5UMQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369833703&sr=8-2&keywords=pet+gates

I do like it alot!
It's the tallest I could find, 30", but if your pup is a jumper, it won't be much help.

Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:59 am

cmanding wrote:
I have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Easy-Step-Walk-White/dp/B001OC5UMQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369833703&sr=8-2&keywords=pet+gates

I do like it alot!
It's the tallest I could find, 30", but if your pup is a jumper, it won't be much help.

Thanks!! I found the same gate in 41" on Amazon. Some of the reviews said that they had a hard time getting the gate to work. Does it work okay for you?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:47 am

Works fine.
The latch for the gate when closed has a safety that needs to slide in order for the handle to lift to open.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:49 am

I have 2 of this (North States Extra Tall) gate: http://www.amazon.com/North-States-Supergate-Extra-Bronze/dp/B0038OLMXE/ref=sr_1_27?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1369838145&sr=1-27&keywords=baby+gate

I bought 1 for keeping our sibe in our bedroom but needed something easy to use and I had to be able to open it with one hand since I have a baby in my arms a lot of the time. We loved it so much we bought a second one for the bottom of the stairs when my daughter was old wnough to start climbing the stairs. We love them and I like the color more than traditional white or wood gates.

We also have 2 other cheaper wood gates with metal grating from Walmart which keep our sibe contained but they don't hold up to a toddler; which the North States gate does hold up to a toddler shaking it back and forth. Just my two cents.

Newborn
Newborn
Frebu

Male Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:06 pm

I have a Carlson walk through pet gate with the pressure mount and it works ok as long as your dog respects the gate, if they jump on it, or push at it there is a good chance it will fall, this is due to a design flaw where the top half of the gate cannot be tightened very much or the gate will not open/close, when the door is closed and locked the gate will be stronger, but I always worry that Storm will knock it over and hurt himself, if something in the room interest him enough So far this has not happened.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 2:40 pm

I have one that i just lean against the door cause it doesnt fit right.. But koda never tocuhes to try and get out or anything.. He could knock it over easily but just never touches it.. I dont know if im lucky or more huskies are like that..
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm

I have the same one Claudia does, mine also cam with an extender for super wide doorways. It works liek a charm.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:59 pm

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755235&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo

I have this one, and I've had it for over 3 years now. We have it in our front enterance hall way so when people inconsideratly open the door without thinking, the dogs don't get out lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gate recommendation?   gate recommendation? Empty

Back to top Go down

gate recommendation?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1