It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:04 am

Heart Breaking.

I'm so very very sorry Val.

Run free Faith. You will be missed.

~Chris~

Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:20 am

I'm so sorry, Val Sad

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:36 am

I am so sorry, Val... Sad

Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:48 am

Val I am so sorry to hear about Faith, you can rest knowing she is in a better place where she is no longer in pain..playing with my chi who recently just passed as well. My girl was on the verge of turning 8 years old, had heart disease and she jumped off my bed and tore her acl/luxatating patella popped and she couldn't walk. I understand your heart break...god bless
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:55 am

Val, I'm so sorry for your loss. This is very heart breaking to hear Sad

Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Val I'm so sorry to hear this. Loosing a pet is never easy but now she is out of pain. Sad
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Val- I'm so sorry to hear about this. Sad My heart goes out to you.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Oh, Val... this just breaks my heart. We were all hoping and praying for good news this morning. At least she is no longer in pain. She'll be with you always. Run Free, little Faith.

Lots of love to you, my friend.

I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm really sorry, death is a horrible thing that gets everyone eventually and it's always really hard if not impossible to let a loved one go. Regardless I hope you feel better soon and again I'm really very sorry for your loss. Sad
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:29 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Val. I can't believe how quick it all happened. Thoughts and prayers to your family.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Im so sorry! I kept checking this thread when i woke up and just seen. RIP faith
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Wow, I am overwhelmed by the support. I love you guys and thank you all very much.

It has been a really difficult morning for us and I am trying my best to keep occupied so I don't get overwhelmed with grief. I know she is no longer suffering and that brings me some comfort but those nagging thoughts of what could I have done different and what happened and why did this happen so fast and it's not fair that she had to die this way and at such a relatively young age keep taking over my thoughts. I know it's not productive in any way but I just can't help but wonder as we have so many unanswered questions.

In any event, we made arrangements and dropped off her body for cremation this morning. We talked with the vet and she is stumpted as to why the sudden multiple seizures without some sort of head trauma.

Even with a toddler, it's too quiet in the house without Faith. I keep thinking I hear her and turn around only to realize she's not there. Sad

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Oh Val, it breaks my hear to read. im sorry it happened so fast and with little warning. at least she was home with you and not in a cage at the vets office when it all happened. remember all the good times with her and know she will be up there playing with your moms chi and waiting for you all to join her.
so sorry for the loss and sending hugs to your family.

Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:24 pm

How are the rest of your family fairing Isa,?? Dakota?? Your Hubby?? I would think Dakota and Isa will take a while to realize she is gone..

It takes time.. We lost our last dog 11 year ago and my hubby did not want another one for the longest time did not want to got thru the lost I talk him into one them a second one..
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:31 pm

I'm so sorry about your loss. Sad You were a great mom to Faith and you did everything you could, I know she enjoyed her spoiled life with you and your family and now runs free across the rainbow bridge.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Val, I am SO sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is never easy. :'( I lost my Airedale a few years ago to seizures (he was 7). We did some blood work and came to the conclusion that he was poisoned with rat poisoning. It had happened on Halloween night (stupid, heartless kids) and we kept him alive for another 3 weeks on steroids and other meds in hopes that he would get better. We even lived in a pretty good neighborhood too. There was no saving him, unfortunately. He passed while having a seizure as well.

I hope you feel better knowing that you gave her a good place to live and the best care possible (you even rescued her mother!). It sucks to see her go this way, but at least she is no longer suffering.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Run free, Faith.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Linda, I know the hubby is taking it hard as Faith was technically "his" dog. He picked her out of all the dogs we were considering and she was his favorite dog of all the dogs he's ever had/grown up with. Isa doesn't have a clue thankfully, she was crying up a storm during the second seizure due to all the commotion.

Jackie, sorry to hear that you lost one in a similar circumstance, that is awful that someone poisoned your poor dog. Oh and we actually rescued her daughter, Faith was the mom. Wink

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:52 pm

I can't believe that I've missed this thread. I haven't been on much. Val, I'm so so so sorry for your loss. Words can not express how upset this has made me. I wish that I could give you a hug Sad I'm so sorry
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Oh Val, I am so sorry to hear that she didn't make it. At least she can run free now. Hugs to you and your family.

Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Oh, Val, I'm so sorry to hear this. Like many others have said, take comfort in the fact that she's no longer suffering. Don't beat yourself up with 'what could I have done different', either. I've been there and it doesn't do anyone, least of all you, any good.

I did it to myself when our samoyed died less than a year after moving to CO. I asked myself would she have lived if we hadn't moved, why didn't I notice sooner what was going on, etc. It made it that much harder.

Run free, Faith. Hugs to you Val and your family.
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss

I've been thinking about a lot Faith today. Run free Faith xx
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:24 pm

I am sooo sorry this happened, I came looking for this today hoping for some good news. I know it hurts right now and the what-ifs are killing you but you can't beat yourself up over it. You did what you could for her and Faith knew that.

This was something that was posted on another forum I'm on and I thought of you when I saw it:

When God saw you getting tired
And a cure was not to be
He put his arms around you
And whispered come to me
He didn't like what you went through
And he gave you rest
His garden must be beautiful
He only takes the best
And when we saw you sleeping
So peaceful and free from pain
We wouldn't wish you back
To suffer that again
Today we say goodbye
And as you take your final rest
That garden must be beautiful
Because you are one of the best.

Its found here: https://after.me.uk/resources/bereavement/poetry/when_god_saw_you_getting_tired
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Val. This has me in tears just reading it.

Run Free, Faith.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:55 pm

I am so so sorry to hear of your loss I truly am. It is never easy to lose a best friend. I was so hoping this would be a simple fix. You are in our prayers!

June and pack
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:59 pm

This is the verse that I always remind myself of when I've lost a friend.

God saw she was getting tired, and a cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around her and whispered, Come with Me.
With tearful eyes we watched her suffer and slowly fade away.
Although we loved her dearly, we could not make her stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, playful paws were put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure   I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I think Faith may have had her 1st seizure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next