It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

thor has the cone of shame

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

thor has the cone of shame Empty
PostSubject: thor has the cone of shame   thor has the cone of shame EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:47 pm

And i feel so bad. We have a wooden fence that separates our yard and our neighbors and they have two little dogs, and the fence is on a hill. So my stepsister brings them out back to play and two minutes later i just hear screaming. I run outside and somehow Thor's leg is under the fence and the neighbors dog is biting it and wont let ggo. I run over to their yard to get the dog off, he let's go,and Thor quickly frees his leg. But, the damage was done. He had a deep cut in his pad. So he needed stitches and all. So now he is the cone of shame. i check the fence frequently and plug any holes that see, so i dont know how it happened. i am glad Thor is okay, but i feel just horrible lots of treats for him.
Back to top Go down
NewComer
Puppy
Puppy
NewComer

PostSubject: Re: thor has the cone of shame   thor has the cone of shame EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Aw, I'm glad he's ok! I put bricks all along the bottom edge of our fence so that our little man doesn't get tempted to stick his feet under there or get the idea that he can dig under it. Good luck keeping him quiet for a week or so while it heals!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: thor has the cone of shame   thor has the cone of shame EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Poor little guy. Sad

Dakota has become a pro with the cone of shame. She has cut her feet so many times it makes me look like a bad parent! Hope Thor gets to feeling better soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: thor has the cone of shame   thor has the cone of shame EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:05 pm

When Loki had his he absolutely hated that cone!! He would bang it into stuff and broke several chunks of plastic off of it lol.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: thor has the cone of shame   thor has the cone of shame EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:20 pm

We had the neighbor's dog dig under the fence and get into our yard once. I got ready to let the dogs our look our and the neighbor's dogs were in our yard one crawled back under the fence the other went out the gate and home.

Blaze hated the cone.
Back to top Go down
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: thor has the cone of shame   thor has the cone of shame EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:14 pm

So we took the cone off of him as soon as he got home. He has been under constant (i mean constant supervision) and hasn't tried to go for his bandage. The poor thing was wimpering all night, i don't know what had him shook. so i slept with him on the floor, and everytime he moved i made sure he wasn't going for his bandage. We'll put it on any time he isn't under supervision. The not being able to give long walks, and his incessant wimpering last night are the hardest parts. But luckily, he seems to have stopped wimpering and is back to his normal self.

We have bricks along multiple parts of the fence. The issue is that the neighbors dog dug under a bit trying to get to our guys. Its not like thor was even trying to dig out or get to the other side of the fence. Him and my other dog were playing, and he must have slipped, and i think the other dog grabbed onto him immediately.

I talked to the neighbors. One of the people (who i think is movign out soon) was really nice and responsive, got stuff to take care of the holes in the fence, etc. The woman, whose dogs they actually were was more concerned with small little wound on the dogs nose (i am guessing from Thors declaw when he was trying to get out), and didn't even say sorry. And her questions to me were "what, you want me to pay or something?" and "why didn't you get me, i was home." i am like, i am sorry if i was worried about taking care of my fairly injured dog that your dog essentially attacked, and didn't have time to get you while he was screaming bloody murder in the backyard. Trust me, if you didn't wake up from his screams, you would not have heard your doorbell. Ugh, frustrating. Like, your dog attacked my dog, albeit from strange circumstances, he is in pain, cannot play on his vacation next week, i payed 600 bucks for the treatment, didn't ask for a penny, and you are concerned with a tiny little mark ony our dogs nose and not even an apology. sorry for the rant, but frsutrating.
Back to top Go down
NewComer
Puppy
Puppy
NewComer

PostSubject: Re: thor has the cone of shame   thor has the cone of shame EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Just reading about that lady's response irritates me! I don't blame you for getting frustrated - some people are just completely irresponsible and get defensive when you point it out to them. She is lucky you are a nice neighbor... around here people can and do file reports and get the offender's dog taken away from them to be quarantined if they bite and break the skin of another dog.

Glad to hear Thor is back to his normal self. I hope he enjoys his vacation with you nonetheless!
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: thor has the cone of shame   thor has the cone of shame EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:51 pm

So sorry to hear your dog got hurt! Does she know that your dog got hurt that bad? If yes, that is just goofed up. Especially since it sounds like her dog required no treatment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thor has the cone of shame   thor has the cone of shame Empty

Back to top Go down

thor has the cone of shame

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1