It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Quick Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Quick Rant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Rant   Quick Rant - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 pm

NovasHuman wrote:

Super Nova wrote:
We had a similar thing happen to us in Petco. We were looking at treats, then this woman comes over:
Lady: I had a husky once. Be careful they can snap and are dangerous dogs.
Us: What do you mean? What happened?
Lady: Out of nowhere our husky ran at my daughter and bit her in the face - 23 stitches later we had to put the dog down.
Us: Oh .. okay. *walked away*

Our first thought was what was wrong with the dog to suddenly attack like that... and why are you buying dog food?

Petsmart:  As we are walking in -
Young woman: Oh dad look a husky!
dad: Aww.. Jumpy puppy.
Young woman: Can I pet him?
Us: Sure - just wait until he sits. (never happens... -_-)
Young woman: I had a husky - I had to get rid of him he was too hyper. Now I have 2 labs.

.. So you traded 1 dog for 2? ... brain hurts.

Mine doesn't either whenever we go to petsmart and see the puppy class trainer she has to run up and literally bounce off of her to get her attention because no one ever notices Nova Rolling Eyes lol

AND I have a lab and I can tell you she was the worst puppy I have ever owned, I love her dearly she is my best friend lol, but as a puppy I'm surprised she lived lol
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Quick Rant   Quick Rant - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Emily.Laiche wrote:
>.< omg We went to a off leash dog park and it's like "i wish i could let ypou off lucifer" hilariously enough a lil pit pup named Asia was loving all over lucifer

Awww ours is fenced in so Nova gets to run around its been so great since we finished her shots, she absolutely loves it.

[
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Quick Rant   Quick Rant - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:32 pm

this ones fenced but its 27 acres and there are gaps where a husky is going to bloop out of reality a mile away
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Quick Rant   Quick Rant - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Emily.Laiche wrote:
this ones fenced but its 27 acres and there are gaps where a husky is going to bloop out of reality a mile away

Thats huge! Ours is alot smaller lol
Back to top Go down
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Quick Rant   Quick Rant - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Halo_husky wrote:

Mobezilla wrote:

Ditto. Try being 19, looking 15, and owning two huskies lmao. People think I'm the world's biggest idiot.

I can only imagine! I'm 20 and look about 15 so having only one probably isn't quite as bad as with multiple!

Haha, i am 23 and look 16 with one husky and a second dog. i probably look just as crazy. i have talked to my mom about all of the trials and trivulations about raising thor, and it was a couple of surprises at the beginning. She babysat for the past week, and she was amazed at how well behaved, and how sweet and gentle Thor was the entire week. And he is 3 years old, and was living with her two dogs and cat for the week. If your dog snaps like that, there is very likely something extremely wrong with the owner, or something happened in that dogs life to scare it.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Quick Rant   Quick Rant - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 7:37 pm

I feel old at 34 with all you young people. Lol

Loki may be mixed or not. I do not know, but being all white throws most people off. The majority say he is shepherd or lab mix. Hopefully I never have to hear people's bad stories, I will just say he is shelter dog. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Rant   Quick Rant - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Rant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2