It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WolvenSight
Teenager
Teenager
WolvenSight

Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood Empty
PostSubject: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:39 pm

A little over a month ago my Husky bit this other girls dog over a toy, at a neighbors house. I offered to pay the small vet expenses for the small wound. She ended up lying about the vet she went to and never informed me of where she took her dog so I canceled my check. I haven't heard from her since I told her the check was canceled until she can tell me where she really took her dog (for a correct receipt). All I have heard from her is when other neighbors come to tell me that she has been telling people that my dog purposefully attacked her dog, etc. stupid nonsense. Dogs can resource guard and I told her mine does that before her dog came inside Neutral  I just found out however, that she just got a new puppy. A wolf-husky hybrid... Why this idiot would go out and get a mix of what she hated and let alone a wolf mix is beyond me. A recipe for disaster. I was told she drove out of state to get the dog from what sounded like a puppy-mill or backyard breeder..for only a hundred dollars. Not only that but she got the pup when it was 6 weeks old. She is only a 19 maybe 20 year old college student and clearly uneducated about animals. Her other dog is this emaciated looking mix breed. I always see her other dog off leash and her screaming at it angrily when it disobeys her...her older dog is almost a year now and I have seen it aggressive with other dogs now too. We live in an apartment complex too. Wolf-Hybrids are not suitable apartment pets let alone pets for the inexperienced young moron-gone all day-college type, they need acres and experienced owners. I haven't seen the puppy yet but I guarantee it is not a wolf mix at all, especially for so cheap. Most of the time fake breeders claim wolf genetics when in reality it is just a husky/mal mix. At 6weeks old and potentially having a wolf-mix is an awful idea. I will have to get a good look at it to tell if it really is part wolf (I researched wolves at a time so I know the differences) and if it really is I might have to have animal control or my apartment complex talk to her. Guaranteed it is an illegal animal in the Denver area. Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity I guess.
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Gah... people can be so clueless! It sounds like a recipe for disaster for her AND the pup.
Back to top Go down
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Ugh. I am completely against people adopting dogs and giving them up. But honestly, in a situation like that, i hope she realizes it sooner than later how difficult and dangerous of a situation that can turn into, and can find a suitable place the bring the new dog.

If i were you, i would honestly leave annonymous letters of good rescues and places that actually can take care of the dog before it gets seriously injured or hurts someone else.
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood 1625187496 Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood 1625187496 
I remember your story about this girl..... Husky/wolf mixes are the best escape artist out there I kind of hope it gets lose and someone else who can take care of him/her grabs it.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 pm

I've seen wolf hybrids being sold for that much, before my two fell into my lap I was talking to someone who was picking up their second wolf hybrid from indiana for about that. Six weeks is understandable with any wolf mix if im not mistaken they are given earlier because its a better bond time then. They are definetly not for just anyone though and especially people who cant get a regular dog to behave. I would watch it though if it is a hybrid many times they will not have shots or medical exams because vets refuse to see them. Poor animal an idiot owner and more often then not they are destroyed when found out because of others being spooked by them. I know its illegal to own a hybrid in illinois and you need a specific license to do so which comes with rigid home checks a few times a year. If someone wants a wolfy dog they should look into tamaskans. Good luck with her!
Back to top Go down
TartokTikaani94
Puppy
Puppy
TartokTikaani94

Female Join date : 2013-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:03 am

Well I seen this and I had to comment. I have a wolf-dog and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. Yes I have spent the last two years training her but it was well worth it. She obays me with trick commands and is even trained for mushing. She also makes a great body guard. I've had her sense she was 13 weeks old. Please only call if she miss treats the dog cause they will most likely kill her. I live in a very small place myself but I spend most my time outside with her. Be smart please.
Back to top Go down
SibeMomx2
Newborn
Newborn
SibeMomx2

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:20 pm

I have a wolf/dog as well (though I havent had this confirmed with tests or anything...) and they are VERY different. Yes, my purebred sibe is stubborn and talkative and everything a typical sibe is... but my hybrid boy is so headstrong. He is definitely a bully and will quickly take advantage of people when they come into our home and are submissive with him... they can be sweet and great but with this girl already clueless on her current dog... the wolf/hyrbid attitude combined with the lack of effort and small quarters will only fuel the behavioral problems... and you are right... sadly with her letting the other dog off the leash... a puppy like that is going to TAKE OFF. Poor puppy Sad
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Though Wolfdogs can be amazing pets, they do take more time and training effort than what it seems this young lady is prepared for.  That in itself can be disastrous.  Hopefully she was taken for a ride and got a poorly bred nordic breed or a shep mix instead of the read deal.  Depending on area they can be illegal to own or may require special permits.  I've been blessed to have 3 varying content wolfdogs in my pack for over 6 years, our oldest just passed last fall and the pain of losing him still stings.  They have been such a joy to have in my life, but I grew up around them and knew their needs- I would not trade it for the world....but I do find myself concerned for this pup your neighbor has brought into her life

Timber-
Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood 382953_10150506691751590_272665154_n

Rockie-
Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood 15144_162402616589_7667095_n

Tikaani-
Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood 579765_10150722243111590_1806854191_n

Last edited by HuskyMom09 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
TartokTikaani94
Puppy
Puppy
TartokTikaani94

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Sorry I forgot to add this in my last post. But, yes I do agree that it dose not sound like this girl should have an animal like this. I myself was drug threw hell when I first got mine cause even though I read up on them for over a few years, it was still a big change in my life that I had to make to keep her (though it was well worth it). Maybe shes been lying about it (thinking shes going to scare you) and really only got a mix breed dog? Just as I said, be smart please, there are to many wolf-dogs being put down or are in shelters its sad to think another could be on its way.Sad 
Back to top Go down
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:45 pm

HuskyMom09 wrote:
Though Wolfdogs can be amazing pets, they do take more time and training effort than what it seems this young lady is prepared for.  That in itself can be disastrous.  Hopefully she was taken for a ride and got a poorly bred nordic breed or a shep mix instead of the read deal.  Depending on area they can be illegal to own or may require special permits.  I've been blessed to have 3 varying content wolfdogs in my pack for over 6 years, our oldest just passed last fall and the pain of losing him still stings.  They have been such a joy to have in my life, but I grew up around them and knew their needs- I would not trade it for the world....but I do find myself concerned for this pup your neighbor has brought into her life

Timber-
Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood 382953_10150506691751590_272665154_n

Rockie-
Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood 15144_162402616589_7667095_n

Tikaani-
Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood 579765_10150722243111590_1806854191_n

They are all absolutely gorgeous. I am sorry for your recent loss.
Back to top Go down
TartokTikaani94
Puppy
Puppy
TartokTikaani94

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:16 am

Yes indeed! They are such beautiful animals. I myself look at my dog more as a companion then a pet. And though shes a brat, I thank God often for giving me this animal and giving me the chance to be able to take care of her. Sorry for your loss, I pray God will comfort you thew this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood   Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf/Husky mix in the neighborhood

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1