It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Coat blowing season = husky felt??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NewComer
Puppy
Puppy
NewComer

Coat blowing season = husky felt?? Empty
PostSubject: Coat blowing season = husky felt??   Coat blowing season = husky felt?? EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 3:30 am

What do you people do with your dogs' fur, for those of you who are weird enough not to throw it away? I have saved all of Caper's huge tufts of undercoat in a box with the hopes of making some felted crafts out of it... Smile Was thinking of making a scarf, but then I'd smell like wet dog if it rained outside.
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

Female Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Coat blowing season = husky felt??   Coat blowing season = husky felt?? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 pm

I don't save it...but I've heard of a lot of people saving it and spinning it into yarn to make really warm gloves, hats etc. I never thought that you nights smell like wet dog in the rain/snow! Lol
Back to top Go down
Cyberpup
Puppy
Puppy
Cyberpup

Male Join date : 2013-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Coat blowing season = husky felt??   Coat blowing season = husky felt?? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:48 pm

Besides our dogs, I have just a bit of time to dabble in DIY audio equipment. The really fringe end of high end audiophiles often seem to confer the physical quality of the material components are made to their sound. Capacitors wound with silk of course sound better than those wound with paper, for example

So speaker cabinets usually use damping material inside them to break up resonances. Cheap speaker may use fiberglass, while better speakers use polyester batting. I think we could sell the idea of "Siberian Silk" damping material: washed and combed, available in standard grey or premium red!
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Coat blowing season = husky felt??   Coat blowing season = husky felt?? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:50 am

XD no kidding I've got a bag saved, debating spinning it into yarn than making felted husky plushies
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Coat blowing season = husky felt??   Coat blowing season = husky felt?? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:43 am

Cyberpup wrote:
Besides our dogs, I have just a bit of time to dabble in DIY audio equipment. The really fringe end of high end audiophiles often seem to confer the physical quality of the material components are made to their sound. Capacitors wound with silk of course sound better than those wound with paper, for example

So speaker cabinets usually use damping material inside them to break up resonances. Cheap speaker may use fiberglass, while better speakers use polyester batting. I think we could sell the idea of "Siberian Silk" damping material: washed and combed, available in standard grey or premium red!

Love this! My hubby does some DIY audio equipment as well and has asked me to bring home polyester stuffing from the craft store on occasion. I'm going to tell him that Dizzy's shedding now has a purpose lol. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cyberpup
Puppy
Puppy
Cyberpup

Male Join date : 2013-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Coat blowing season = husky felt??   Coat blowing season = husky felt?? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:05 am

wpskier222 wrote:
I'm going to tell him that Dizzy's shedding now has a purpose lol. Wink

What color is Dizzy? Our Myka is unhappy I referred to her color as "standard grey". She thinks "Select Silver" would be a better name.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Coat blowing season = husky felt??   Coat blowing season = husky felt?? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:49 am

Lol, I refer to him as "straight out of the husky factory grey" btw, are you a musician by any chance? My hubby and I are from CO and he's a professional musician. I thought with the audio reference earlier, it might be one of those small world moments.
Back to top Go down
KCheshire
Puppy
Puppy
KCheshire

Female Join date : 2013-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Coat blowing season = husky felt??   Coat blowing season = husky felt?? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:17 am

You know, I feel bad every time I throw out his fur! I know people would love to have it but I don't really know who to give/sell it to. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coat blowing season = husky felt??   Coat blowing season = husky felt?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Coat blowing season = husky felt??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1