It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Lucifer has the zoomies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

Lucifer has the zoomies Empty
PostSubject: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:28 am

So we were sitting down all nice and calm after walking the poor dear and all of a sudden, husky on the bed, leaps over husband and laptop,tackles cat,runs back to tackle me then leaps over me and laptop plus husband and laptop and zooms off into the living room. Good night dog Laughing  I do love my husky and his zoomies.
Back to top Go down
phoenix.solis
Newborn
Newborn
phoenix.solis

Female Join date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:54 pm

I remember the first time Chess got the Zoomies! I had only had him for a few days and I hadn't ever seen a husky get them. My last husky would spend most of his time with my dad at work so all of the tantrums and zoomies and all of that stuff happened on job sites. When Chess got his for the first time, we were playing with his kong and he had started to fetch so I started filming, hoping to send it to my boyfriend. He wouldn't fetch at that point but he went crazy and was jumping on the couch, sliding into the kitchen, running back to the couch, back to the kitchen. Now, he supermans from couch to love seat (and doesn't generally make it lol) when he gets the zoomies. He hasn't had any recently unless you count him taking off yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Zoomies are adorable and terrifying for us XD, Lucifer's quite a big boy soo if he misjudges a jump it could do damage XD.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Same thing with Jasper, he doesnt weigh much and is still needs to gain but when he zoomies he heads straight for you and jumps on top of you. Damn if that doesnt hurt on top of him clawing you to push back off to! Then we have the three year old little boy right behind him ready to clabber us too, not a pleasent experience.
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Ha! Last night Luci (who we call Luci-fur) was zooming around and somehow landed ON the 44" high breakfast bar and almost slid all the way over and into the kitchen sink.
When we're outside she zoomies right in to me with her mouth wide open. Those teeth hurt! lol
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:42 pm

My girls are nuts with their zoomies! They "stalk" each other then go completely insane.

So insane to the point Selena crashed a couple days ago...right into the corner of the house, flower bush and broke the garden statue in half. Resulted in her limping and a bloody face!

Luckily she ONLY took a chunk off her nose Sad.... DAMN zoomies!!! LOL affraid 

Lucifer has the zoomies Photo_11
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Ouch! Outside Jasper runs up and down the stairs with zoomies but its usually falling up and down them. He's so tall and runs so low to the ground when he does it that he is completely off balance sometimes which ends in crashing into the stairs or house then he gives me nasty looks like I'm the one that pushed him or something. Bella doesnt really seem to get the zoomies luckily just Jasper, but she will run with him for a minute before just staring like he's crazy or biting at him to stop.
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 am

XD omg zoomis are scary, not fun to be in the path
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 am

laura56083 wrote:
My girls are nuts with their zoomies! They "stalk" each other then go completely insane.

So insane to the point Selena crashed a couple days ago...right into the corner of the house, flower bush and broke the garden statue in half. Resulted in her limping and a bloody face!

Luckily she ONLY took a chunk off her nose Sad.... DAMN zoomies!!! LOL affraid 

Lucifer has the zoomies Photo_11
Holy cow, poor girl.

That reminds me of my dads mal he use to have... according to him every morning after bathroom time he would run up the two flights of stairs up to the appartment and slam his head into the wall to the right hand side of the door in same spot every day without fail. Till this day he claims that he was the smartest dog he's ever had (if he was still around he would be 37 now :O)
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:29 am

Evie gets the zoomies after she poops. Every time. Crazy dogs!
Back to top Go down
phoenix.solis
Newborn
Newborn
phoenix.solis

Female Join date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:40 am

Chess gets the zoomies at the most inopportune moments. Like today. He wriggled out of his harness while we were in the car. I opened the door, reach for the leash and he takes off. I had to chase him 6 blocks!
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:04 am

Scary stuff >.< i literally had to run around our old town of Norman, ok to get Lucifer
Back to top Go down
mmwhiteside
Puppy
Puppy
mmwhiteside

Female Join date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Rogue will get the zoomies out of the blue, and without fail will beeline it into my lap at what feels like a zillion miles per hour during his "rounds". 50 pounds of crazy husky is no joke! I swear sometimes I think people are under the impression that I am a battered wife, however it is more of a battered pet owner. Once Rogue calms down I show him my "owies" and tell him "look where you hurt Momma" and he will give kisses and look so apologetic. I worry that he is going to hurt himself more than me though - we were at our PetSmart a few weeks ago and there was another husky owner there who's husky broke his leg by slamming into a cabinet handle so hard during a case of the zoomies!

Back to top Go down
kass.rafford
Newborn
Newborn
kass.rafford

Female Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Never even heard of this but now I understand what your talking about. haha My fiance and I were letting all 3 dogs play in the kitchen last night while I cooked supper and all the sudden Zoey (our only husky) ran around the table super fast and jumped over the other dogs like they were hurdles lol!! Our floor is tile and they had no traction so of course we busted out laughing when the dogs ran around the table and Zoey loses traction haha I'll have to take a video!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucifer has the zoomies   Lucifer has the zoomies Empty

Back to top Go down

Lucifer has the zoomies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1