It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Zoomies question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 am

I assumed that zoomies only happen when exciting events happen (meeting new dogs, ect) but lately kibas been going nuts for no reason at all. It's actually hysterically funny but weird. Does anyone else's dog do this? Last night she was doing 360's off the couch with her ears flat back and that crazed look in her eyes. I'm assuming its because we haven't walked in 11 days. She got spayed but will soon be walking with me again as she gets her stitches out fri.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 am

Its normal, TRUST ME!!! Karli gets them ALL THE TIME. And we go for two walks a day and the dog park three times a week. She just loves to run. And I personally think my hubby gets her riled up on purpose. He'll wrestle with her, get her going, then make her run around like crazy on purpose. Then he'll ask "why does she do that? Do all dogs do that?" Rolling Eyes MEN! lol It will most likely calm down as she's able to go out again (Karli was really bad after her spay) so she will most likely not have quite as much energy. Hopefully, maybe lol
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 pm

O yes!!! This is normal! Mine does the same thing!!!!! It has been raining like crazy here so her being cooped in all day is making her and me crazy lol
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Nanook is the same, he runs laps around the back yard and jumps over everything like it is the biggest obstacle ever. Seriously, he jumps a hot wheel like it is a horse....full effort into each and every jump no matter the size of the object. We want to make him an obstacle course in the back yard.....he would love it!
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Lol, they are absolutely hilarious. Sky got them a few months ago, and she's about 4ish years old.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:26 pm

My girls get them all the time, lol.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Loki runs laps around my house and involve jumping on the couch running the full length of it and jumping off before he zooms into the kitchen and hallway and back into the living room to the couch. It is funny to watch but if you are sitting on the couch you get trampled.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Definitely normal. My Shaqua chooses to do this at random times. She runs around and then decides to throw around her stuffed tiger. I wish I could predict it so I could know when I could actually get her to play soccer with me but I don't think there is any rhyme or rhythm, just whenever the mood suits her!
Back to top Go down
Axel23
Newborn
Newborn

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Last night Kie started chasing his own tail running around in circles, started hopping all over the place, and then started chasing my wife around the house. It was way to funny! Lol
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:17 pm

Both of mine get it like clockwork every evening. It doesn't matter how much exercise they got that day. Then they have to poop soon after.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Eresh wrote:
Both of mine get it like clockwork every evening. It doesn't matter how much exercise they got that day. Then they have to poop soon after.

Sounds about right!!!!! hahahaha
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Just experienced one actually, cain was chewing on his toy and suddenly his ears went pointing upward and BAM he did like 4 laps around the house only to crash and fall asleep on my bed. It was entertaining nonetheless haha
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Had a good laugh picturing all the zoomies described lol. Its definetly been taken to a new level lately. Glad it's normal
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Ummm yeah...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDB9TmVVNWA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

She even broke the blinds! Whatever, they were coming off anyway, but crazy dog! This extends from the couches, to the bed, to the yard... Repeat Shocked
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:32 am

So, bringing up an old topic but just for a funny story~

This morning Journey got the zoomies...she started running back and forth, back and forth. She has decided she is like a cat and can walk on the window sill (it is only one foot off the floor) and as she runs full speed for the window she just bounces right off....lol....and keeps going. I guess I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep her off the window sill.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:34 pm

CavingSiberian wrote:
So, bringing up an old topic but just for a funny story~

This morning Journey got the zoomies...she started running back and forth, back and forth. She has decided she is like a cat and can walk on the window sill (it is only one foot off the floor) and as she runs full speed for the window she just bounces right off....lol....and keeps going. I guess I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep her off the window sill.
Omg! That is so funny. Maybe try putting a cheap set of curtains up there, to see if she forgets about it? Juneau doesn't even know we have windows because I always keep them closed. I don't want her destroying the blinds lol.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:25 pm

I have curtains there...and they were closed when she bounced straight though them and into the window....lol
Back to top Go down
MyDoppler
Newborn
Newborn
MyDoppler

Male Join date : 2013-10-16

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 4:54 am

Oh, I'm imagining that cat acrobatic done by a husky! Very Happy Bless him.
You should always ready the video camera then, that's surely hilarious to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zoomies question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies question   Zoomies question Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoomies question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1