It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ltrott412
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-10-03

looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO! Empty
PostSubject: looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO!   looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:39 pm

I have already researched, and looked hard into getting a husky puppy. I believe i am ready and was wondering if anyone in the colorado area had any for adoption. I do want a PUPPY, i just dont have the funds to spend a lot on him/her. I have already bought food, toys, a crate, leash, you name it i got it. i am prepared. PLEASE contact me at my email if you know of anyone who had free pups or pups for adoption.

Ltrott412@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO!   looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO! EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 am

I guess it depends on what age you are looking for when you say 'puppy'.

Puppy could be anywhere from 12 weeks to 2 years old. Also, you are probably not going to find a puppy that will be free. If anything, a rescue will still have an adoption fee of about $300 at the very least.

Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO!   looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO! EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:02 am

Also I would save up quite a bit! Puppies are expensive, I spent about $800 on Yuki as a puppy before she hit 6 months old. This does not include toys or leashes or material items that cost me about $700 more in those first couple months. I was happy I had a lot of money in my savings so just something to think about Smile Good luck!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO!   looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO! EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:05 pm

i would look at North Star and mile high for rescue
http://www.northstarhuskyrescue.org/
http://milehighhuskyrescue.org/
but i know with the rescues they keep them till they are a few months old so they can be spayed or neutered before being adopted out. a cost you should consider as its a few $100.
if you go to some person just selling a puppy out of their house they are called a back yard breeder or BYB. DONT BUY FROM THEM
please read the links below
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t683-so-you-re-thinking-of-getting-a-husky

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t1042-how-to-find-a-reputable-breeder

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t9830-huskies-101

i run the husky huddle and malamute mingle in CO, come check it out and talk with owners about what its like to have a husky.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/67707519125/

for me puppies will not be in my life, im on the go and would prefer to adopt an adult husky, they are potty trained for the most part and you can start walking and hiking and anything you want with them right away, no waiting a year for them to grow. i adopted our 2 at 1yr and 5yr old and they have bonded with us just like if we have had them since puppies, they are great.

good luck, and so you know there are NO registered AKC husky breeders in CO so anything you find will be a BYB pup or a puppy mill pup.

Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO!   looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO! EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO!   looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO! EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:45 pm

I thought at one time I saw Colorado had ONE registered breeder of Siberian Huskies. I don't see them on the list anymore, but they haven't had a litter in a long time. Maybe they retired.

PostSubject: Re: looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO!   looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO! Empty

Back to top Go down

looking to adopt a husky puppy in COLORADO!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1