It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What color would you say?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

What color would you say? Empty
PostSubject: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Was just wondering if anyone could verify the color of Digger for me, or speculate what he may look like when he is fully grown. The vet that gave him his first jab and filled in his pet passport put him down as grey and white, but I thought he may be a dilute black? I get that idea from huskycolors.com
What do you think?

Here are some photos of how his coat has changed, and his parents:

Mum and dad:
What color would you say? D25678d3-5b8d-4250-9f2b-cac971fd6469_zpsfcb88e25
With siblings ( He is on the far right ):
What color would you say? 0b916ea6-cf34-4224-8311-9c0dd00b9134_zpsdce665c0
Around 6 weeks old:
What color would you say? 45fab332-73a3-41ab-a832-7aa2cde8e75e_zps740cbe1f
First week at home:
What color would you say? DSCF0046_zps4012a9deWhat color would you say? DSCF0042_zps241e92fb
Last week:
What color would you say? DSCF0077_zps6706d581
What color would you say? DSCF0083_zps40096230
Today:
What color would you say? DSCF0088_zps04c00e10What color would you say? DSCF0089_zpsd4422d51What color would you say? DSCF0091_zps31953efdWhat color would you say? DSCF0093_zpsc6e64a85
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Oh wow he's like a little raccoon. I would say dark grey but I'm not sure about the technical term.

You've seen the Husky Colors site, yeah?

Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:46 pm

He looks like my boy who is a dilute black and white. My boy's darkness changes and varies with both age and season but he's still black and white even though at times it can be so dilute he looks grey and white.

Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Dilute black sounds perfect. If Link and Dizzy are grey, then Digger is more towards black for sure.

Personally I've always referred to Link/Dizzy grey as "light" or smoke grey and Digger grey as "dark" or charcoal grey. Again, not technical terms though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Yep I have seen the husky colors site, that's what gave me the impression he would be a dilute black rather then grey. Will be really interesting to see how he turns out Smile

Funny you should say raccoon, Thats what I have nicknamed him.
They have 'Red Pandas' at the Wellington zoo here, that's what his little face reminded me of, I wanted to steal them when I first saw them there about 3 years ago, I'll see I can find a link..Red Panda's at Wellington Zoo

Closest thing we have to raccoon's here, they aren't native obviously... but just googled them, and yeah he deffinately looks more like those Very Happy

Last edited by histi on Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bloody 'f' button needs a bash to work)
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:02 pm

I would call him a black and white, he's so young now, he might change as he gets older, he could darken or lighten. If you look at the puppy pix of Link and Diz, they were sort of a buff/tan color with a black stripe down the middle of their backs. I have a friend who's puppy looked similar in coloring to digger when she was a puppy, but as an adult she is definitively a b&w, not dilute.

I kind of go back and forth between thinking Dizzy is a wolf grey, or just a grey. He has a buff colored undercoat and tan on his hocks and around his ears, but he is fairly light overall. He is getting darker on his back as he gets older, so we'll see how he looks when he matures. Smile

puppy:

What color would you say? 1466285_781776501838860_1401053258_n

adult:

What color would you say? 946867_674147155935129_1709192433_n
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:07 pm

That looks like a picture I took. lol

What color would you say? Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm pretty sure it is, I think it's from the very first show I went to. Smile It's a great pic of Lola!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Looks like one of my crops. I'd have to go back and look!

Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Niraya wrote:
Looks like one of my crops.  I'd have to go back and look!

You should make a watermark for you pix, and just put it in a corner. Smile You should def get credited for all your great shots!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:13 pm

I think I've watermarked like...two photos in my entire life. lol it's so much of hassle to do and if I don't do layers they can be easily removed. Sad

Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:17 pm

If you get adobe lightroom ($120 to buy) you can batch watermark when you export. They have a deal right now that you can get both photoshop and lightroom for $9.99 a month for a year though.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Hmmm. Might look into that for serious.

I just bought a PS4 LOL and I have those 3 shows to enter. Gonna be tight on money lol.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Aaron just got Lightroom and loves it. If you ever come down this way I'm sure he'd show you around the program Smile He really likes it though.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What color would you say? 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:42 pm

I will be in Westminster the weekend of the 17th and you'll be putting up with me that first weekend in march.

Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:45 pm

FYI - the 9.99 offer is only through 12/31, so you have to sign up before then if you want to do it that way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:30 pm

That 9.99 thing is a steal. I have the CS6 Master Collection and Light Room... no regrets lol.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:40 pm

I have CS6 and Lightroom as well. Although I don't prefer Lightroom, but that's probably because I am more familiar with Photoshop.

PostSubject: Re: What color would you say?   What color would you say? Empty

Back to top Go down

What color would you say?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1