It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Suddenly clingy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akireangel722
Newborn
Newborn

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 2:50 am

I wasn't sure if this should be in medical issues or not but after a vet gave my pup a clean bill of health I figure this is just a husky thing.
Arion isn't my first dog but he is my first husky. We have moved three times, in both my ex's house and my parents house he never portrayed this behavior even though I was always the main one taking care of him as he is my dog. When I moved to my new apartment after about 6 months he started becoming super clingy. He follows me everywhere, lays down at my feet and near my chair and such and isn't his independent husky self anymore. He doesn't act sick though, he still plays and if I ask him for a toy he brings one happily and will play fetch, goes for runs with me, and is still eating his full meals. He's so calm in the house now that it's mildly concerning because of all the stories I heard and read before getting him.
He's not noisy, hyper, or destructive unless prompted by me to play. He still plays with his toys by himself but if I move, he is my little lemming. Anyone else have this experience?
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 am

How old is he?
Back to top Go down
Akireangel722
Newborn
Newborn

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:39 am

He turned 3 in October
Back to top Go down
Akireangel722
Newborn
Newborn

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:40 am

Also I've had him since he was 2 months old from a breeder
Back to top Go down
jeanne67
Newborn
Newborn

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Is he lonely? It sounds like before u lived with other people-he may be clingy because he is bored and/or lonely. With my husky when I knew I had long days away-if I couldn't get her to doggy daycare I would freeze and hide kong's. I also paid a neighbors kid to walk her. Dunno-good luck!
Back to top Go down
Akireangel722
Newborn
Newborn

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:35 pm

No he is with me and my husband. I work from home boarding and walking dogs while I take college vet classes so he gets only like 2-4 hours away from me and that's if I go out without him. If I leave at night, my husband is there aND my pup is never clingy like this to him. He even started laying down in the bathroom when I take a shower which would never happen before since he hates the water
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Sounds like you have a mama's boy. Smile Mine is like that too. Saturday I went somewhere for the day without him, and my hubby said he moped around all day and was lost without me. Not anxious, just kinda bummed. He follows me around as well, and will follow me into the bathroom, he likes to know where I am, and lay near me, but not cuddle with me. If I close the bathroom door, he waits outside for me.
Back to top Go down
Akireangel722
Newborn
Newborn

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:53 pm

That's so odd. I've always heard of huskies being independent. I never expected him to be clingy out of no where like this. Not saying I don't like it, it's just not what I expected. Could it be because I'm sick? Like if I'm in pain due to my disease he will push himself as far into my legs as he can without actually merging into them and lay down. Actually now that I think about it that might be why he's so calm around me. He's never acting like the typical wild hyper husky, never running or digging or howling unless we go to a park but inside he is the calmest dog I think I've ever owned. The most crazy thing he'll do is hand me a toy for him to throw
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue May 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Ha ha. I think you just have a very happy and satisfied husky on your hands, who has a great bond with you. Smile Mine gets wild in the park too, but is extremely calm inside the apartment, unless he is extremely cooped up (as he was after his neuter because I couldn't take him on his normal walks), but that rarely happens. I am dedicated to making sure he gets enough exercise and stimulation, including doggie daycare a couple days a week, to be calm and happy inside. It could partly be you being sick or in pain as well. If I'm feeling really crappy, he will cuddle with me and be very sweet and nice. He isn't a big cuddler otherwise. I wouldn't question what sounds like a good thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue May 20, 2014 2:05 pm

I think huskies just tend to show their bond differently than other dogs. Dizzy always wants to be near me if I'm home, but not necessarily be petted or getting attention from me. Sometimes, I will sit on the floor to play with him, and he will grab a bone to chew on, turn around, and lay down with his butt against me, seemingly ignoring me. If I get up to leave him alone with his bone, he stops chewing and watches me to see whats next.
Back to top Go down
jeanne67
Newborn
Newborn

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyTue May 20, 2014 2:10 pm

My husky is "clingy" too-she just wants to be near to me and my daughter. Huskies are independent-but they are also pack animals. Someone else said it already but I'm saying it again: congrats on having a bonded, happy dog!
Back to top Go down
FURAI
Newborn
Newborn

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy EmptyWed May 21, 2014 4:31 pm

sounds normal to me, I keep walking into furai all day if I'm home.
I thought it was him always expecting food.

wakes up and walks in-front of me everytime i walk around the house.

oddly enough would rather sleep in the hall over my bedroom.

everyone i live with he keeps distance from still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suddenly clingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suddenly clingy   Suddenly clingy Empty

Back to top Go down

Suddenly clingy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1