It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

fly bites plz help before they get worst

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SIMBA_SH
Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

Male Join date : 2013-10-28

fly bites plz help before they get worst Empty
PostSubject: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:50 pm

so I posted an issue with the patch of dry fur behind the ears of my husky so I did some research and found that fly do bite and so I was wondering what a way to get rid of flies in my back yard? cause I bath my  dog once a month and notice no matter what we cant get rid of the flies that are around him.....and he has his house outside because mum doesn't like furs all over the house. so what are a good way to get rid of those annoying flies and how do u cure fly bites? so so far clean his ears with a wet paper towel and apply vasoline
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Getting rid of whatever is drawing the flies in is your best bet. Trash, old food, stagnant water, feces, etc...is a major draw for flies and they will bite anything else that just happens to be around. They could also be attracted to the scent of the shampoo you use on your dog if it's something sweet or flowery. Essential oils do pretty good at running them off if you can keep up with putting them on his collar. Sassafras and eucalyptus oil are ones that I've heard of. I keep mint planted in a pot on our porch and haven't had a fly issue.

Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

PostSubject: Re: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 3:33 pm

before I post this I removed all his feces in the back yard it help but are there any oilment that you would recommend to help him heal faster? and I saw this fly off spray at walmart that keeps flys away from does it work and since its from walmart it look might sketch
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 4:31 pm

I would be leery of store sprays due to their chemicals. Read the ingredient labels closely. Don't want toxic sprays on your dog. If you want you can put some essential oil in a spray bottle with water, shake hard and mist it. I've also heard that orange peels can be used, though I haven't tried it so am not sure of its validity. I always use neosporin for everything on my dog and usually takes care of it. Clean the bites really good and dry first.

Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

PostSubject: Re: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 12:49 pm

so notice that on one ear its not so bad the other ear little bit of the fur kind of fell off so I try to clean his ears as clean as possible I no hes hurt when I try to clean it I apply a Walgreen brand of triple antibiotic with pain relief so I hope he recover soon and do the fur that fall out....will it grow back??
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Is he an outdoor dog only? Is there a reason why you can't keep him indoors?
I would try to keep him inside right now, especially to let his skin heal up. You don't want those bites getting any worse, or infected. You could add neosporin to help but I would honestly just take him to the vet to be safe, especially since his fur has fallen off.

I'm not sure of any safe ways to keep flies out of your backyard.
Back to top Go down
SIMBA_SH
Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

PostSubject: Re: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 2:07 pm

for now I will monitor his conditions if he gets anymore worst I will take him to the vet the reason I cant bring him in the house is because he sheds a lot and my mom gets really annoyed when things are dirty. ill c in a weeks time if it gets any worst I will take him to the vet I clean up the area real good and theres no more flies flying around and since I put on te antibiotic the flies now its time to run so none are around him.
Back to top Go down
SIMBA_SH
Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

PostSubject: Re: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 2:02 pm

so I want to thank you twisterll and rocio_caballero for replying to my post and I want to update on the situation about my pup so after I clean his ears and apply some Neosporin and the fly off ointment around the wound area and a bit behind his neck and little on top of his head the flies haven't even visit once and I also notice that his wounds are healing as well and some of his fur is starting to grow back. I and my pup want to thank you for your good advices and tips. THANK YOU!!!!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Glad he's doing better!

PostSubject: Re: fly bites plz help before they get worst   fly bites plz help before they get worst Empty

Back to top Go down

fly bites plz help before they get worst

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1