It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:31 pm

She does look so happy. It's cool that she waits at the cemetery gates to be invited in...it'd be freaky if one of the cemetery "residents" invites her in! Only way you would know is if she goes in without you telling her she can, haha
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Fun pics - Miya is so sleek and beautiful. I love her colors.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Thank you Casey!! I have some pics that I will be posting up in the garden section. The wild flowers are amazing this year. This is the 4th week in a row with rain in the forecast every day. and she does love her jeep, every morning just before we go back inside, she will sit in the jeep and watch my neighbor's white horse, and he will watch her. So much fun.

Jimmy, lol, I hope not, haha. We do not go into that section, we leave everyone in their peaceful area, ha. Miya just enjoys racing up and down in front of the fence, and in the fall we see tons of wildlife, specifically deer, and bobwhite quail, lol she has a blast with them.

Amy, Thank you so much!! She really needs a bath, get her white fur white again. I'm surprised she doesn't look green in the pics, since she rolls in the wet grass every morning, and then proceeds to her zoomies. And although she has a very short coat, it is very dense, and I wonder how she has so much hair to shed, her blow coat started in early April, and is still going strong.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:20 am

So we did a hiking trip. Same place as my big fall back in August, this time I was smart, better shoes, wore a back pack, and used mosquito repellent. It was a gorgeous day 78 with a slight breeze and lots of sun. Miya had a blast and enjoyed zoomies, rolling around in muck and several trips in the tank(pond).

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Happy_10

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miya_r10

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Happy_11

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miya_a10

This one is funny, she found treasure, a deer hoof, that she carried around trying to find the perfect spot to hide it. Then something caught her attention, so she is pointing and holding the hoof, lol....
Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miya_h10

You can see the down hill to the pond, pond would be about 50 feet behind me, getting up the plateau is mostly rock. It is about a 2-3 mile hike to get to the pond. although certainly not a mountain, it is all rolling hills and many areas are rocky.
Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miya_i10

The pond would be down and to the right of this pic, this is just another trail that we hiked, the grass was so thick and tall, we called Miya back to us and decided to just go back the other way. we did encounter 1 rattle snake, and he slithered off. We do bring a gun of some sort with us, in case of a stray coyote, bob cat or wild hog, or if snake put up a fuss, snake.
Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Sam_0210

The next pic is a tribute to the mother's day pic in the IAHT 2015 calender of Korra, my husband fell in love with that pic, and wanted something similar.
Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Tribut10
Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Wet_mi10
Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Sam_0110

The last pic, for now, I went to take a shower on Friday, and when I got out I found Miya sleeping on our bed, this pic is a sleepy Miya

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Seriou10
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:53 am

Aw...too bad you didn't have the picture of Miya with daddy for this month's poll. She looks so at home bouncing around in the water. My two won't hardly touch the stuff.

Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 12:44 pm

How fun for Miya, beautiful land to run around freely:) lovely pics looks like so much fun

Do you ever have to worry about fox tails getting stuck in Miyas fur?? I've found a couple on my girls legs recently
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:00 pm

@Jen....Miya remembered exactly where the tank was, in fact we heard a big splash way before we could see her. By the time she got to the crest of the last hill there was no calling her back. It is a beautiful place, about 6 miles from our house. I told hubby that this months HOTM was a father's day theme, he didn't care. Oh well maybe next month.

@Jane....We have been taking Miya out to this piece of property since she was a small puppy, never knew that they were foxtails. I call them grass spears. Ugh, she looked like a porcupine got her. She didn't care, she is so good about me yanking them out. Funny Jane I fond them on her legs, chest, side and tail, I swear one of her numerous rolls was in a pile of them. We did enjoy ourselves, and it was a perfect day, and Miya got to run with the wind and swim until she couldn't swim anymore, she is still pretty pooped today.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 3:32 pm

That's great Smile lol that is a more appropriate name for them imo, I did hear that they can get stuck up a dogs nose so just be careful if you notice her sneezing for no reason, as long as you pull them out who cares go run Miya! Lol. Yeah I try to avoid having my girl running or (forbid) rolling in them ahh lol be spending half a day plucking them out, that's good she tolerates you pulling them out. That sounds great and you must be a happy husky mom since she is still pooped Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Haha, Jane, indeed, she passed out at 8 pm last night. Oh, the benefits of having her as a young pup, I made sure that I touched her a lot, played with her feet, etc. I wanted to make sure as an adult she would allow me to brush her and clean her feet, and pull spears out of her fur. She rolled in poop the other day, ugh, yup, so I called her into the bathroom and she will sit in front of me(she sees the wipes container and she knows), ears back and she starts the whole here's a paw, clean, here's another paw, clean, haha. It is pretty comical thing.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Really pretty pics Renee, Miya is just having the time of her life!!! She looks SO pretty and SO happy. The pic with your husband is awesome, I love that kind of pic. That is a big pond! That area is so pretty!!!

Be careful of fox tails getting in the ears too. Happened to my Malamute Sad
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 4:05 am

Thanks Jimmy, I told my husband that you would love that pic, haha, I was right. Actually it is a tank, man made for cattle. It was so small last year, and it was one of just a few that didn't go completely dry during our drought. I believe that there must be a natural spring that feeds into it, whoever dug it picked the perfect place. We actually went up to take pics for our neighbor who owns the property, she is hugging 80, and because it's so wet, we told her we'd hike up for her, since we felt it was too big of a hike for her, and we were afraid she would get stuck if she tried driving in. It's such a peaceful place, no people, and tons of wildlife, there is a red hawk that lives up there, deer, snakes, coyotes, bobcats, armadillos, wild hogs. The pond has fish too, watch one jump while we were there, of course Miya was in the middle of a zoomie and missed out, haha.

Oh goodness, fox tails, ugh, I started plucking as soon as we were back in the jeep. They are terrible.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:56 am

Miya looks like she had a great time! I love that picture of her and Rob. It's just amazing with the reflection of the sky on the water. Sleepy Miya is just adorable!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 2:15 pm

Thanks Casey! Hubs said that that pic was amazing, how I captured the reflection so perfectly. He also said that the sleepy Miya pic was equally good in the angles of light. He took photography class in high school, that's why he always took pics, so I feel pretty good that I got a few he thought were excellent, lol. He also said the ones with her running out of the water and the one of her swimming were good, since I captured motion without blurring.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 3:01 am

So now that I can upload some pics again......I talk about Miya's boyfriend Zeke all the time. They should have been called Romeo and Juliette, since they cry every time they see each other, even when we drive by their house and he has been known to escape and come to our house, lol.......Here is the star crossed lovers.......Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Sam_0215

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Sam_0312

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Sam_0313

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Sam_0314

Sorry some of the pics were not as good once I uploaded here, looked great in my folder. I now have to learn to use the zoom feature to get better shots.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 9:42 am

Beautiful pics Renee, Zeke has good taste in gf's! Wink 2 beautiful huskies . Is that your yard or Zeke's? It's very pretty!

Zoom can get tricky when you're getting that spur of the moment shot Renee, I hardly ever use it...cropping is much easier ;P brings the dogs closer in and gets rid of unneeded background.

Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 10:28 am

Zeke is so pretty. Miya looks great! They look like they are having a blast. I agree with Jimmy. It's much easier to just take the picture and crop it later. Especially when you have a target that won't hold still for the picture. Smile
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Fun pics, looks like they had a blast Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:49 pm

@Jimmy, Thank you, I will start working on the cropping. That happens to be Zeke's yard. Long story short, Zeke's daddy doesn't like him playing with Miya, he escapes too much(we all know why, lack of exercise and boredom). The only place he's allowed to play with her is at their place.

@Casey, They played hard core for at least an hour, Miya kept stalking the poor boy, lol. She decided to check on the other animals while he was resting in the shade, then the playing resumed.

@Jane, I also need to learn how to video record. They are a laugh riot, Miya play growls and talks to him the whole time, I don't think I have ever heard him make a peep, lol.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Awww. Sweet friends! I'm sure they have so much fun playing together. Too cute they cry when they see each other. XD

MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 6:36 pm

@ Ashleigh, you have no idea on the crying, lol. They also have a jeep, and if they stop by to just say hi for a minute, you can not talk over the two. It's pathetic how much they love each other. I will also get some shots of their other two dogs a lab and a merle coated aussie/shepherd face, the most unusual looking dog I have ever seen, haha, they rant on and on while Miya and Zeke play. They did let the lab out once while Zeke stayed in his kennel. Blade weighs over 100 pounds and could not understand what Miya was doing, she gave up and decided to say hi to the kitties instead, lol.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 10:22 pm

My old dog sounds like the lab. Kenzi always wanted to play with him soooo bad and he was always so unsure of her and her methods.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Haha, yup Jenn, you got it, he sat there while she ran circles around him with an occasional hip check and head butt. She gave up and decided to say hi to Tink(cute little white Siamese, who was originally named Tinkerbell, lol, my neighbor has a hard time figuring out the sex of cats, haha).
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:11 pm

Dagoney was always torn. He kinda wanted her to chase him, but not really. He didn't want to be caught and chewed on. she would bow to him then paw at him. He would always growl at her if she pawed him. He didn't appreciate that. she just didn't know how else to goad him.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Haha, that's the interesting thing amongst the different breeds. The aussie/shepherd wants in on the action too, however, I do not believe she would be safe, as in she is very reactive to female dogs, and people, she will bark and wag her tail as if she is friendly, but I think she would be the first to bite. We also seen Blade and Zeke get into it, Zeke is half Blade's size and he never backed down, although Blade walked away with out a scratch, Zeke ended up with 20 stitches to his face. You just never know. With all the animals they have, Miya just decided it was best to leave the old fat guy alone and play with something much more to her speed, Tink and Andy, lol.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:54 am

Fall In West Central Texas: kind of a misleading title, lol. It is Fall after all, What changes here? Not leaves haha, It's still in the low 90's upper 80's with around 25% humidity, and at night lows 60-65, so it gets chilly in the evenings here and the mornings. Miya is feeling a little more frisky with the cooler weather......

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miyaau10

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miyafa11

Baby ball play time

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miya9210

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miyamy10

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miyawh10

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Miyaba10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!   Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miya's Scrapbook - updated - 11/6/2015 OMG Today is Miya's 3rd Birthday!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next