It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Trying not to flip out !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tdanielle
Newborn
Newborn
tdanielle

Female Join date : 2010-12-03

Trying not to flip out ! Empty
PostSubject: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Ugh so this weekend I went to new jersey for my uncles birthday party, so my fiance was home with Scarlet and the cat..Well on the 2nd day he tells me that Scarlet [in her attempt to try and get out of her crate] had rubbed the corners of the crate so hard against the wall that it made 2 huge indents...i'm thinking oh great there goes our security deposit..but he tells me not to worry it doesnt look like something a little spackle wont fix..So i think sweet ! our security deposit is safe...ohh no he saved the worst news for last...Scarlet had succeeded in unhinging the locks of the crate and in an attempt to dig out of the room under the door ripped up a good foot and a half of carpet !!!!! Mad Mad Mad ..in our lease it says that if any of the carpet is damaged we have to pay to get the entire carpet for the apartment REPLACED ! i pale he keeps telling me not to worry but I'm just about on the verge of a breakdown !
Sad
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:58 am

thats happened to me...my roommate locked nikki in a room when i first got her and she destroooooyed the carpet. luckily i only had to pay 90 to replace a section
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:39 am

Been There My Blaze did That Back In 02 .. Ohh My They can destroy very Quickly .. what Kinda crate does he have PLastic or Metal ?
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:32 am

embry did that in our last apartment, we had to pay $1000 to replace the carpet, and lost our deposit also.
Back to top Go down
tdanielle
Newborn
Newborn
tdanielle

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 am

She has a metal cage.. We have like a 1000 something security deposit AND a 200 dollar pet deposit so i'm prayyyying that they take it out of that..i mean they already have my money I'd rather them take that than have to try and come up with the expenses at a moments notice..glad to know Scarlets not the only carpet hater
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:44 am

That's not too horrible, although I'm sure you'll have a lot more piece of mind once you know how they will handle it. My sisters pit bull puppy ripped up the carpet in her rental home and when they stuck the puppy in the bathroom it proceeded to rip up all the vinyl flooring in the bathroom too. Shocked I think I'm lucky, my boy sticks to clothes, shoes, dog beds and furniture...if that's what you can call lucky. Neutral

Newborn
Newborn
tdanielle

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:08 pm

I was just sooo angry because she's never done anything that destructive ...until now..of course she is only 4 months ...so one can only hope that this is the end of her terror..but its probably only the beginning lol
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:46 pm

I hate to say it, but it's probably only beginning. She's not a teenager yet. I would start working on crate training and positive association NOW before it get worse.

We're replacing the carpet in our apartment/rental home right now because Hailey dug up the carpet when we left her crated in the room with Koda. We're also replacing the living room and hallway from destruction and simple pulls from running around the place.

I feel like these are typical husky owner woes... I'm sorry that might not be very reassuring!

Trying not to flip out ! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
tdanielle
Newborn
Newborn
tdanielle

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 10:07 pm

no it is reassuring because now i can be prepared and constantly on the look out lol better to know that it'll probably happen again than sit here thinking oh it was probably only a one time thing Razz
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Wow that story is exactly what milo did at 4 months. Yup the carpet is still unfixed OH WELL
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:44 am

o well is all u can say afterwards lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying not to flip out !   Trying not to flip out ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying not to flip out !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1