It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:07 am

Sucky Iphone pics but thought I'd illustrate the typical walk with my dogs...so Mishka finds a pine cone and thinks now is the time to disassemble it while Kohdi is bored with himself so...

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 00110
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:08 am

Kohdi throws his legs up in the air and starts his lil dance...

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 00212
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:10 am

then we're off until Kohdi finds the first sprinklr to cool off in

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 00616
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 2:04 am

Lol, Thank you Jimmy, I needed the smile. Such fun pups.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Thank you Renee Smile Hopefully I can make you smile again today with these pics of Kohdi teaching Mishka how to drink from sprinklrs on the walk Wink Mishka hasnt mastered her technique yet, haha

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 00412
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 00812
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:40 pm

Its Mishka's turn now!! unfortunately she pretty much just ended up getting nailed by the sprinkler Sad

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 00617
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 am

Jimmy,
lol, Mishka has gotten so big, they are so beautiful. Miya hates the sprinklers, drinks from the hose and swims, but sprinklers scare her or something, she doesn't associate it as water and I've tried. what type of harness do you use? Was it hard to get them used to them? It was 75 this morning with a nice breeze, so we took a leisure stroll, me not Miya haha, An older man drove by us, and Miya lays on my feet when I do my stay plus hand signal, it's like lay and freeze for her, I could see him say "wow what a good dog" my triumph of the day. You take such great pics, such good times, thanks again.

Renee
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:19 am

Thank you Renee!! Mishka HAS gotten big, yet when I see her next to Kohdi, she's still so small. She is the SWEETEST lil girl, but man has she got her own mind.

The harnesses are just the standard harness...I've heard the gentle lead is better, but that in reality its for dogs that pull, Kohdi just doesnt pull...so I'm not quite sure its necessary for me. Kohdi dislikes the harness for some reason, like...90% of the time I have to actually corner him to put it on, its turned into a game for him I think. While Mishka just stands there and lets me put it on her. Both are hand-me-downs from my previous Huskies. I use the harness because my previous Husky, Malukhai, just had to do this sly little maneuver and he'd be out of his collar...I can't risk that with Kohdi cuz he just doesnt listen when he wants to do his own thing. Kohdi's harness seems a bit loose but I'm not good at figuring out how to adjust it better...and his coat gets so thick!! so it might just be cuz its his summer coat now.

Awww, Miya is so good Wink I wish mine were so well trained!!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:34 am

Ahh, and the lady that lives at that house, was sitting on her porch laughing her ass off while Kohdi and Mishka were playing with her sprinklers...she got up and talked to me (she is SO cool, she adored Anuschka and Malukhai, often spoiling them with new toys and treats) her and her husband are moving to Washington State in about 2 weeks and have put the house up for sale, anyways, that fountain in the background of Mishka's pic (that circular thing...its also in a closer up pic with Kohdi on page 1 of this scrapbook) is a fountain that Kohdi (and previously Malukhai and Anuschka) drink from...she is giving it to me when they leave. She said its a memory for her (and me too) of Malukhai and Anuschka and belongs to me...for Kohdi and Mishka now to enjoy. I'm not gonna lie, I had tears in my eyes as she said that.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:37 am

Give it time, remember I'm with her 24/7/365, we play and train at the same time. I can't believe how good and energized she is and eating like a mad woman the last few days, I finally think I killed all her tape worms, Yay!! She is a totally different dog, This has been such a struggle for us.

How sweet, yea I can see her in the background.  Crying or Very sad Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:04 am

Love the pics. My guy hates getting his harness put on too and turns it into a "you can't catch me!" game. I don't understand because he knows it means he gets to go for a walk, yet hates the harness. Little weirdo.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank you Sara (and Bode is beautiful!!) ... thats EXACTLY what my Kohdi does, turns it into a "you can't catch me" game, he e ven crawls under things so I have to get down on the ground and pull him out. Once its on though, he's running to the door to go walk
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:17 pm

I usually trick him with just the leash to get him to come to me because he doesn't mind that. Then bait and switch him. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 pm

LOL, thats pretty funny. With Kohdi, Mishka has gotten in on the game, Kohdi starts running to go "hide" and I say "Mishka, go stop him" and she does!!! LOL. She runs under him and makes him "trip", he gets so distracted with her that I'm able to get hold of him and put his harness on Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 3:04 am

Pic is for Renee...here is his puppy pic that shows his eyes really well...I think theyre called parti-eyes

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 01111
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 3:09 am

Oh yes, what a fluffy teddy bear, parti eyes, I believe is correct. Huskies have so many facial expressions, such a happy boy. Thank you for the pic

Funny, pic on page 2 his parti eye is more like Miya's, his puppy pic seems more defined parti eye, interesting how his eyes change. Hers are always brown with the blue ring.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Renee, Kohdi's eyes have changed since puppy, but not too drastically...I think it all depends on where he's looking when I snap a pic...here he is now and you can pretty much see its still a parti eye...and the pic in my avatar shows how the other eye started to be a parti eye but stopped...its a really cool color!!! I call it the wolf eye, haha

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 10011
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:18 am

Ohhhh, he's so handsome!! i love him to pieces. Saw a 10 week old female on local craigs list, looked a lot like Kohdi, fell in love with her, then noticed she was sold. Idiot got her for his girlfriend, too high strung and sold her for $150.00, WHAT???? Do people think, ugggg.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Thank you Renee, I really appreciate it...I personally think he's beautiful, but I'm biased, haha. Although I loved his look when I first saw him as a puppy, it was his personality that won me over. He is the sweetest boy, and sooooooo funny. Never a dull moment with him around, lol

I wish you could have gotten that puppy!!!
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:40 pm

I like how he kept the mask I am really hoping my boy will keep his as he gets older.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 2:09 am

I think your Simon will keep his mask ( I LOVE his mask btw...he's one beautiful Husky) some parts might fade just a little bit, but overall I think Simon's mask will stay. They do continually change for quite awhile, my last Husky, Malukhai had a very subtle mask as a puppy...by the time he was about 4 months old, he had a full on batman mask, lol...when he died at 5 yrs old, his mask was similar to your Simons.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:49 am

Kohdi likes to disassemble my plants ;(

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 02711
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:59 am

"Deep in thought"

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 02310
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 2:09 am

He's such a good looking guy......Love the plant pic, so interested in it, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next