It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Chew we tried

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smittin
Newborn
Newborn
smittin

Female Join date : 2014-07-30

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Anyone ever tried these Honest Kitchen Beams Fish Skin Chews? Oh my gosh, Timber loves them.  I ordered them on Amazon and just signed up for Subscribe and Save. They are a little stinky, but they don't give him any digestive issues and I don't feel guilty giving them to him.
Back to top Go down
Karu4Link
Teenager
Teenager
Karu4Link

Female Join date : 2014-10-21

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 pm

I have not, but I just ordered some off your recommendation haha. I'll report back with my review after they get here! Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:27 pm

We have had them before. We loved them. I gave them for about a month then started to get eye boogers in one dog. Someone suggested it was from the codfish or catfish so i stopped. Thank for bringing it back up because Bourbon still gets eye boogers which I think is seasonal allergies rather than the beams as he has not had one in 2 months! I forgot about them. THANK YOU!

Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:32 am

Jasper likes them, Bells hates them. She'll steal jaspers' just because she has to have what's his but won't chew it. First time I gave them one I crated them with it and she hid in the back whining for a while til I took the skin out. Jasper also liked the quickies and again Bella hated them. We just tried tripe sticks yesterday and their a hit.
Back to top Go down
smittin
Newborn
Newborn
smittin

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Christina, let me know how you like them! We're still loving them!
I put them in the freezer today - read about storing them there on a review. maybe they'll last a bit longer that way. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I give him one every morning, about 10 minutes before we leave for the day.
Bella, where do you get Tripe sticks? are they expensive?
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:56 pm

I don't know where else to get them off hand, I get them through my boss who owns a small dog bakery we carry them in store. The ones we have are a Barkworthies product so you could go on Barkworthies.com and see if there's a retailer near you that sells them or even is willing to order them for you. They didn't last long maybe ten minutes but they were very much liked! I used it as a "good doggies" treat yesterday since the two were left loose for the first time in about a year I think without destroying anything or killing each other. And last time I tried the leave them loose jasper decided the center of my brand new mattress needed a lovely hole half way through it. I didn't notice the pee spot on the bed before I gave them the treat lol. But Bella was recently spayed and seems to be adjusting still so it was most likely her and at least nothing was ruined!
Back to top Go down
smittin
Newborn
Newborn
smittin

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Bella_Jasper wrote:
I don't know where else to get them off hand, I get them through my boss who owns a small dog bakery we carry them in store.  The ones we have are a Barkworthies product so you could go on Barkworthies.com and see if there's a retailer near you that sells them or even is willing to order them for you.  They didn't last long maybe ten minutes but they were very much liked!  I used it as a "good doggies" treat yesterday since the two were left loose for the first time in about a year I think without destroying anything or killing each other.  And last time I tried the leave them loose jasper decided the center of my brand new mattress needed a lovely hole half way through it.  I didn't notice the pee spot on the bed before I gave them the treat lol.  But Bella was recently spayed and seems to be adjusting still so it was most likely her and at least nothing was ruined!  

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karu4Link
Teenager
Teenager
Karu4Link

Female Join date : 2014-10-21

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:24 pm

smittin wrote:
Christina, let me know how you like them! We're still loving them!
I put them in the freezer today - read about storing them there on a review. maybe they'll last a bit longer that way. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I give him one every morning, about 10 minutes before we leave for the day.
Bella, where do you get Tripe sticks? are they expensive?

She loves them! I'll be getting more in the future for sure. Nice to see a treat with only one natural ingredient in it! Lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
smittin
Newborn
Newborn
smittin

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 3:47 pm

Christina, so glad she liked them! Amazon has them on subscribe and save if you are a prime member!
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:35 pm

The only fishy like treat I gave Okami before was Salmon.. and she stunk up the house for a week.... never again for fish.
Back to top Go down
smittin
Newborn
Newborn
smittin

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:36 pm

it is kinda stinky while he's eating it, but it doesn't last very long!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Chew we tried Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chew we tried   New Chew we tried Empty

Back to top Go down

New Chew we tried

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1