It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Well, can YOU howl?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lily82
Newborn
Newborn
Lily82

Female Join date : 2015-03-22

Well, can YOU howl? Empty
PostSubject: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:12 pm

Rascal is almost 7 months and didn't learn yet how to howl properly. Should I be worried? XD

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:20 pm

He seems well on his way to howling like a pro. lol. Some are great at it, some never are. Kenzi had a half howl for a long while after we got her. It took a certain siren app and the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons to really find her voice.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:41 pm

Be careful what you wish for...I understand some whiskies can be quite vocal!  I tried to encourage Ami to howl and after the third time, he got playful and rakes the side of my face with his monster paw.  And nails.

Edit. Damn autocorrect. Huskies not whiskies Well, can YOU howl? 1625187496

Though whiskies can be nice Wink

Last edited by amymeme on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

Male Join date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Lol, Oakley does a whining noise kind of like hes scared or something hes weird and Nala only howls when I howl at her or early in the morning and she wants me to wake up (sometimes) other than that nala is quite and Oakley well hes his own type of husky i swear....
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Loki would only howl only to a video to him as a puppy.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 8:45 am

amymeme wrote:
Be careful what you wish for...I understand some whiskies can be quite vocal!  I tried to encourage Ami to howl and after the third time, he got playful and rakes the side of my face with his monster paw.  And nails.

Edit.  Damn autocorrect.  Huskies not whiskies Well, can YOU howl? 1625187496

Though whiskies can be nice Wink

You gotta watch out for those vocal whiskies. One can never know when they might be waiting in the shadows for the opportune moment to strike. Razz

To the OP: I feel like they'll eventually learn to howl on their own, encouragement or not. I kind of left Yukon alone about that and he'll howl sometimes if he's in his crate or when he's super excited.
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:32 am

they either do or they dont, and trust me, when they decide they like to, they wont shut up.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:56 am

I have never heard Sasha, my Sibe, howl. She'll sometimes whine, sometimes sorta grumble but never a howl.
Avalanche will howl along with a video from here but other than that, it's the occasional bark if something's happening outside.

I think a part of it might be how much you talk with them. I live alone, with almost no people around, talk to them very little (in fact, talk very little) so it might be possible that they see no reason to vocalize back ..... ?????

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:37 am

Maya only howls when a chicken lays an egg...and she has to be outside, doesn't affect her if she is inside and hears one laying.
BTW Rascal is a very handsome dog.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 2:51 am

aljones wrote:
I

I think a part of it might be how much you talk with them.  I live alone, with almost no people around, talk to them very little (in fact, talk very little) so it might be possible that they see no reason to vocalize back ..... ?????

I don't think so Al, Kohdi always has A LOT to say, so much to say his voice disappears and he keeps going anyways, while Mishka has only spoken maybe 3 times (possible she cant get a word in with Kohdi going on and on, LOL) ...My last two Huskies, Anuschka talked, howled at certain things like sirens on fire engines, but Malukhai only talked when he was talking back to me. And my first Husky was much like Kohdi, was very *sociable*, haha. I think some Huskies are just more vocal than others.
Back to top Go down
Lily82
Newborn
Newborn
Lily82

Female Join date : 2015-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:15 am

When I speak with Rascal he burps.
Back to top Go down
Dimka Petlin
Puppy
Puppy
Dimka Petlin

Male Join date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 1:15 pm

I don't see no problem at all....howls alright..but yeah u can train aswell with a dog to make him howl maybe more
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Leo never howls, my family and me talk to him a lot. very one says he's wired that he is not vocal. i do wonder if he will ever decided to howl.
Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Kind of?

Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 11:26 pm

Koda does NOT, I repeat, does NOT like when I play these videos in front of her.
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
Dimka Petlin
Puppy
Puppy
Dimka Petlin

Male Join date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: I teach my dogs to howl this way   Well, can YOU howl? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, can YOU howl?   Well, can YOU howl? Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, can YOU howl?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1