It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Does your husky howl?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

Does your husky howl? Empty
PostSubject: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:15 am

Just curious. Diego more like talks back and howls at the same time. If I figure out how to I'll post a video it is HILARIOUS. all I have to say is, "Diego what did you do" if he chews something up or chases the cat or anything wrong and it ensues a major discussion between us ahaha Laughing
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 am

Haha Saya is different she is only 3 months old and she did a howl like thing the day before yesterday. what she does do is that when she is laying down and I try to ut the harness on her she starts complaining, not barking howling or growling, is a sound that I really don't know how to describe maybe a "snore" haha I must admit it is hillarious
Back to top Go down
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 am

AWW. Well Diego is like that Mishka from youtube. he says "i ruv you" or rather howls it it's great XD
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:23 am

Haha Mishka is too much to be honest. She is adorable. You should get a video of diego.
Back to top Go down
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:24 am

I have a million lol I'm just trying to figure out how to get them on here Neutral
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:27 am

POst them on youtube and then send us the link Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 am

Kale arguing lol I love you

And him howling (with encouragement) lol

Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:01 am

Brooke just how were you able to get him or her to say "i love you"
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:11 am

By saying it over and over again, and he started mimicking me. If he made a sound when I said I love you, i would give him a treat, and I made him make two sounds then treat, finally three sounds and treat. Then I only gave him a treat if it kinda sounded like "i love you". He's very food motivated lol I think the trick is to say it really excited and get them riled up. It was easier when I taught him to "speak" first.

ETA- the "I Love You" took him the longest to learn. Maybe a month or two. I was very persistent and consistent Wink
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 am

so cute I think Kale says it better than Mishka.
Back to top Go down
prtlad999
Newborn
Newborn
prtlad999

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:15 am

Sooo freakin cute! I wish I could get Noah to do that.. He likes to talk to my big cat though.. I guess he wants her to play with him..
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:23 am

Sebo howling at emergency vehicles.

Mikko being a referee
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:30 am

He is adorable! Love the videos. The one with the treat really sounds like he is complaining.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:58 pm

So cute!!! Love the videos!

Frosti talks (a low woo wooo rather than a howl), especially when she's trying to speed us along to get her walkies! Chili has only talked once - right before a walk. He does howl but mainly only at day care to show his displeasure at too rambunctious dogs! He sounds like Chewbacca when he does it, it's so low. hehe People crack at him!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Asia definitely howls, Kody talks/howls, and Mya...I don't even know what that's called..lol

Asia howling because Kody, Mya, and I left her home. Oh, and as you can see SOMEBODY had their way with the door Rolling Eyes

Kody asking for his food...

Mya asking for her food....lol
Back to top Go down
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Mother of pearl, Melissa Kody is Diego's TWIN in that video. I kid you not if I can get a video up you won't be able to tell the difference between them except Diego's talking back has a LOT of attitude lmao XD and Mya is HILARIOUS! Asia's bark then howl then bark then howl is cute too! Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Diego&Roscoe wrote:
Mother of pearl, Melissa Kody is Diego's TWIN in that video. I kid you not if I can get a video up you won't be able to tell the difference between them except Diego's talking back has a LOT of attitude lmao

lol! Can't wait to see a video! Kody gets much more of an attitude too! He was actually being calmer than usual that day. These dogs I tell ya!
Back to top Go down
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:34 pm

stupid phone! it's not working to upload to youtube it says try again later Sad

but I swear, Diego is sitting right next to me I'm creeped out by his and Kody's resemblance lol how old is Kody?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does your husky howl?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1