It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaitlyn.bair
Newborn
Newborn
kaitlyn.bair

puppy - 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS Empty
PostSubject: 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS   puppy - 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:00 pm

My little husky "Charlie" is SO amazing Smile
We got him from a breeder about a week ago. When we got him his coat was not "soft" he has had SMELLY farts and SMELLY poop since we brought him home, now today he has VERY loose stools, and AWFUL farts. He has been on Royal Canin at the breeder, I bought a bag of this not knowing that it was not a great feed for him. I want the best for him and feeding RAW is out of the question for me. Occasionally I will do raw, i have been giving him a raw egg in the morning and his coat has gotten incredibly better, however now its just these awful POOPS AND FARTS!!!! Shocked lol! So question is, I am thinking I need to switch but am having problems choosing the best food for him.. i was thinking about wellness core? OR TOTW ? Any input is GREATLY appreciated i am a TOTAL newbie!!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS   puppy - 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:41 pm

Scramble the egg - raw egg white interferes with the absorption of...one of the vitamins, just can't remember what at the moment.  (Old Lady Brain Syndrome lol! )

I feed TOTW - am happy with it.  Make sure you are not feeding too much - I did that when we first got him, misunderstanding the feeding guidelines from the shelter and had pudding poop (also, the corn in what the shelter recommended did not sit well with him.)
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn.bair
Newborn
Newborn
kaitlyn.bair

PostSubject: Re: 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS   puppy - 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:47 pm

Thank you Amy!! i didnt realize that!! I may have been feeding to much but decided that once i read reviews about royal canin I'm not impressed and wanna make sure he is eating the best for him ya know? So either TOTW or wellness Smile
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS   puppy - 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:14 pm

And I like Fromm which I can get delivered - makes it handy!

As Amy said, the biggest problem that new people have is feeding too much; "But I'm feeding what the bag/vet/neighbor recommends." The bag is almost always too much for a husky, they tend to "self regulate" and feeding two cups (normally the recommendation) is almost always too much! Vets, unless they work with the northern breeds generally follow the bags recommendations - which we've already said are too much. Neighbors, unless they actually own a Husky are worthless - being polite, they generally don't have any idea what they're talking about.

Curmudgeon hat on - and everyone knows what's coming - would you please go fill out a bit more of your profile. It's probably going to start with "Kaitlan" owned by "Charlie" (unless you're one of those real new people who think they own the dog!) Also, your location - if nothing more than a generality (state / province / ???) can be a real help when we're trying to answer a question that might be "area" related.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn.bair
Newborn
Newborn
kaitlyn.bair

PostSubject: Re: 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS   puppy - 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:13 am

Oh geez, i really am a TOTAL newbie lol .. yes i will update my profile now!
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn.bair
Newborn
Newborn
kaitlyn.bair

PostSubject: Re: 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS   puppy - 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:16 am

I just tried to update my profile with Charlies information, and it is saying "I'm sorry you cannot subscribe to this forum?" i am not trying to subscribe lol I'm trying to update information!??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS   puppy - 12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS Empty

Back to top Go down

12 WEEK OLD PUPPY WITH LOOSE STOOLS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1