It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blu'sMom
Newborn
Newborn
Blu'sMom

Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG Empty
PostSubject: Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG   Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 7:37 am

Blu is getting fixed on June 25th and I am about to crawl out of my own skin. I am so nervous I could cry. So many questions.

How do I keep the cone on and keep him calm. (Blu does not do calm well!)
Is he going to be ok?
Will he hate me later?
Will there be any side effects?

I have had 5 other dogs go thru this but Blu is by far the most human like of any of them, must be the blue eyes.

Any suggestions on what to do to make this easier for Blu and his Mom LOL?

affraid
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG   Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:09 am

Ya'll will be okay. He might be a little out of it the day of surgery but he'll most likely bounce back the next day like nothing has happened. He won't hate you and there shouldn't be any side effects.

I was nervous when Mishka got neutered but seriously the next day he was acting like his normal crazy self.

eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG   Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 10:51 am

How do I keep the cone on and keep him calm. (Blu does not do calm well!)  If you find the answer let me know. Django was running round in the fresh snow 2 days after his surgery but his cone stayed on for bed time which was the only time we weren't watching him.
Is he going to be ok? Yes, He will be groggy and probably have some bad gas (Loki almost killed us with his) but he will be fine
Will he hate me later? He may a little off for a few days but remember he just had surgery.
Will there be any side effects? grogginess and gas
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG   Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:51 pm

i know how you feel, i was a nervous wreck  Crying or Very sad  when Leo went in to be neutered. the day felt so long and the house was very empty without him.
when he came home he was very groggy and a bit lost looking but was fine.
he wore the cone for the fist day. the next day he hated it he would fight the cone once it was on, so he wouldn't pull any stitches out i left it off. he would start to lick there and i would tell him " cone of shame" and he would stop. lol!  

the next 5 days are hard on both of you, with no exercise and no running around. we took Leo on shrot 5 min walks with extended breaks in between about 15 -20 mins.  sunny

and in between we also got him antlers and bully sticks to chew on. that worked wonders for us.

on the last day he couldn't take it any more and had a tantrum had to take him back in and put him in hes crate to calm back down. and when he did we went walking.

then he was so happy to be free again when the 5 days were up and was so use to me fallowing him on the leash he wasn't sure he was free  Laughing , be he was fine after a few days.

he does pee and number 2 at the same time sometimes; not sure if that's a side effect  confused .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG   Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG Empty

Back to top Go down

Decided on getting Blu fixed OMG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1