It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Roxy is Getting Fixed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

Roxy is Getting Fixed Empty
PostSubject: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:16 am

Well Roxy is going under the knife in the morning Hopefully she will come home with out any probs.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:17 am

Good luck Roxy! Smile

Roxy is Getting Fixed Hailey10
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:52 pm

¿How goes the recovery? No news is good news I presume.
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:45 pm

She is doing ok, we can def tell she is hurting but thats to be expected. She is on Rimadyl for pain and all she wants to do is sleep. We have tried feeding her and she isnt interested at the moment. Hopefully she will eat later tonight
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:26 pm

poor girl, any cone of sham pics? what are you trying to feed her? i thought with pain meds it was good for them to have food in the tummy?

Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Your right they are supposed to eat she will only eat chicken or beef broth and a lil cheese.
UPDATE: the past couple of days Roxy seemed to be doing alot better until today she has cryed all day and curls up in her crate only to come out to use the bathroom. We just gave her more pain meds and added another kind. Also when we walk her on very short walks she will lay down occasionally. POOR GIRL Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:56 pm

i hope roxy feels better soon Sad how long should it be hurting her for? never had to deal with that as my dad did not fix any of our dogs and Sierra and Jack came done Smile

Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Well my last Husky (diamond) hurt for over a week and wouldnt eat or drink. It was bad i had to sleep in the floor with her. She was also only 6 months old then and its much easier to do the younger they are.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Poor Roxy! Feel better Sad

Roxy is Getting Fixed Hailey10
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 am

Poor thing. But I was wondering if there's a percentage of Husky drama involved. I know when Ridik gets even the slightest injury, the universe stops all motion and the howl is heard round the world.
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:53 am

LOL to the comment about "husky drama"!! My pug was fine! We had her fixed and the day she came home and riped out all of her stitches and had to carry her straight back! she was back to her normal self in like a day or so....im dreading having sniper fixed...cuz of the cost and the being in pain :-(
Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Female Join date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:37 am

When we fixed Jax it was like nothing even happened. It took allot to keep him from Jumping and wanting to play, and he wouldn't keep that stupid cone on his neck either. We had his dew claws removed at the same time and he would sit and eat the bandage off.
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 pm

yea i was thinking about having snipers dew claws removed as well but thats another $100! so think we will be passing on that! :-( but i scheduled snipers surgery for february 10th
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:16 pm

please reconsider that extra $100 it is a great investment in her future. there have been a few bad stories of others huskies ripping out or all most ripping out there dew claws by having it snagged on things. and when they get older they are not suggested to be removed so this is your best chance to have it done while she is all ready under. Jack does not have his but Sierra does and I wish she did not as I need to clip them and make sure they are not sharp or can catch anything.

Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Plus she will already be knocked out and in pain when she comes home... :-)
Knock it all out at once..!!!

Does anybody on here have pet ins? If so which ones are good?
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 pm

my pugs were removed when she was 2 days old so i know that was easier. my husband and all of my family dont see the need to remove snipers. we really cant afford the extra $100 right now as it is. So i am hoping she will be ok with hers still there. everyone else i know that has other breeds of dogs still have theirs and they do ok with them so we will see. but thanks guys for looking out
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:51 pm

please look at this
http://siberianhuskyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=732

Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Rodney has his dew claws and he goes to the vet next month for his year check up and we will schedule his then.. Ouch... I won't put it off. :-)
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:29 pm

maybe we can do it later when we can afford it but those odds of having one of them ripped off is very rare.....i appreciate the consideration though
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:36 pm

ok but it is not so much about doing it later as it is putting her under again, having to use anesthesia on her to remove her dew claws later will turn that extra $100 now into a much larger bill later that is all, i know you might not have the $100 now but will you have $300 to do it next time, and then the added stress of keeping her off her feet when she wants to move, this way she is down for the spay and also the claws and it makes the recovery easer.

Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:39 pm

i will talk to my husband about it and see what he says and then see what the vet says the day of our apt thanks again! :-)
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Good lord Roxy is Def a drama queen now she is going over board with it now i believe. She crys and crys and then rolls over jut to show me her wound haha and then she wants to play. scratch cant fig it out is she hurting or what
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:43 pm

oh i think Roxy is pulling one over on you!!!!! give her some love and then tell her to DEAL WITH IT!!!

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 am

his girlfriend is a vet tech so she would know if it were infected or not.....just keep an eye on her brandon....she is probably just milking it! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roxy is Getting Fixed   Roxy is Getting Fixed Empty

Back to top Go down

Roxy is Getting Fixed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next