It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New from New York :o

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ecresi
Newborn
Newborn
Ecresi

Female Join date : 2011-02-01

New from New York :o Empty
PostSubject: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:41 am

I'm new here, but not new to Huskys. My name is Maria. I'm 23 years old and from NY. I grew up with a Husky but sadly she passed away over a year ago. She was 12 years old when we had to put her to sleep. As of recent I adopted an older Husky, about 5 years old and his names Chamois. I'm really here for chatting and tips on training as he's had very little from his previous home. It's a pleasure to meet all of you : )
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 am

Welcome to the forum! Smile Sorry to hear about your loss Sad

but congrats on adopting Chamois!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:25 am

Welcome! Happy to hear you adopted an older husky! We got sierra at 6yro. Sorry for the loss of your girl. There are some other ny peeps here but I know NY is a huge state. As far as training start were u would with a puppy but my guess is you don't have to worry about potty training!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Welcome Maria! Congrats on your new husky and kudos to you for adopting. Chamois is definitely a unique name, did you pick it out or is that the name he came with? Love the name Maria too, that's my sister's and my mother in law's name. Smile

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Welcome Smile I too have an older rescue boy with no previous training. It's crazy how people can live like that! lol

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Welcome to the forum!
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but happy you decided to adopt Chamois!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Welcome Maria! Thank you for adopting, and for taking on an older rescue! Chamois is extremely handsome Smile I, too, am sorry to hear about your loss. Feel free to post some memorial photos in the Rainbow Bridge section.

Welcome to the forum! I hope we can be helpful and we love chatting Razz

New from New York :o Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Ecresi
Newborn
Newborn
Ecresi

Female Join date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Chamois had gone through several name changes in his entire life. When he came from the breeder as a pup, he was adopted by a couple who had gotten married, and then a few years later they had gotten a divorce. Back then his name was Shadow. The breeder stats that if you cannot keep your Husky, she will take the dog back no problems, so the dog doesn't end up in a shelter or adopted out to the wrong people. When she took him back, she called him "Mike." While she had Mike, she cleaned him up and used him as a show dog. He completed his las Major point this past summer. Here's a picture of him winning in a show:

New from New York :o Mikewdtuxedosm

When he came to me, he never really payed too much attention to his name, so I thought of the name Chamois, pronounced "shammy". I'm an artist and we use a cloth with that name. You can also use it on cars etc. But I just liked how it sounded : ) Chamois immediately took to the name, so we've stuck with that one and haven't had any problems as in him ignoring our commands when we called him "Mike".
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks for sharing how he ended up with his current name, I always find it interesting how they end up with the names they get. Smile And yep, we use chamois' for drying our cars. Laughing

Newborn
Newborn
Neicy

Female Join date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:03 pm

lol@ Valerie I totally got the mental image of the lady on TV that uses her dog as a mop in the commercial/ only with a dog rolling on the hood of a car!

Anyway... I love when people adopt animals or save them from harsh situations. He is beautiful!!!

Sorry for your loss for I am glad you can show your love to another. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from New York :o   New from New York :o Empty

Back to top Go down

New from New York :o

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1