It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Leo's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye53
he found a nice shady spot by the baby moso bamboo.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye54
but i guess it was just to hot and dry even under there.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye55
getting his feet wet in the pool.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye57
kitty alert in the grass  Laughing

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye56
we took a short walk and he carried 2 water bottles in his satchel.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye61
he was having fun, we met another husky but no pics since there was to may dogs that we didn't know. they ask me if Leo was a malamute. they said theirs mistaken for one too since he is so big.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye59
i got him a new bowl since he doesn't like to eat out of his flower slow feed bowl. his food kept getting stuck and he couldn't get out.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye62
having some fun in his pool bounce  Laughing

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye63
the garden is doing really well, all the plants are growing fast now.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye70
took him on a short bike ride, just put and down the street. hoping he would be to tired to worry about the fireworks(well the big aerial ones anyway).

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye65
he was very excited to be out biking again. even if it super short.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye66
some one looks tired.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye68
we hung out under the tree for a wail.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye69
4 years and 2 months.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

what a great group of pictures, so many smiles! what does the bandana say on the last one?
i have yet to get the pool out this summer, maybe this weekend.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm guessing "Snow Dog on Summer Vacation" but don't beat me up if I'm wrong!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 5:19 pm

thanks, Al is right. it says "Snow dog on Summer Vacation"  Laughing that one is my favorite bandana.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Leo looks a lot like my two in a lot of the pics...hot! LOLOL. It's been soooooo hot! As always I love seeing Leo pics, a Ronin, and I always love his bandanas, the fireworks one is cool!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 5:43 pm

its been so hot out and dry, its like standing in front of a fire. sometimes he just goes out to do his business and comes right back in and lays under the ac vent, Laughing .

i've been thinking of getting him some dog boots to keep his paws safe from hot cement and asphalt since the 4th he doesn't want to potty outside after to many aerial fire works and distant one that have been going off most of the month. he has had a few accidents i figured if we can walk before the sun is gone(wail the sun is setting) and he will not be so scared to go out. i just hope it works. i have been bribing him lately to go out and potty Suspect .
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye72
Leo wanted in it was just to hot  Smile

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye73
napping under the moso bamboo.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye71
we got a break form the heat with cloud cover for our morning walk.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye76
we watched the cars pass by and some of the neighborhood kitties.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye75
goofy face Laughing

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye74
we took him out early to the dog park.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye77

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye78
he insisted i bush the button for this side of the fountain and tried to catch the water,  Laughing .

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye79

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye82
the pumpkin is almost taller then Leo  Laughing

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye80

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye81
he didn't want me to put on some neosporin on his chin were he had a itchy spot.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye85
weekly nail trim.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye84
then tried him out at the dog park, he played with new pups.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye83
as soon as we got home it was up to the shower, Suspect Laughing .

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye88
then i found him sunbathing  Laughing and fishing the drying step. after letting me use the blow dryer on him for 2 hours.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye87
then we hung out under the shroom tree, his favorite spot after our walk.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye90

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye89
some one was tired.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye91

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye93

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye92
he enjoyed some ice cream together since it was hot out.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Looks like Leo has been doing a great job of beating the heat, Ronin Smile you take such good care of him and it shows. Hope you all are surviving this latest heatwave! It's awful!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 2:01 pm

thank you, try to do the best theat i can. its horrible, its so dry and hot not even his pool water in the shade is safe form the heat. i have to make sure i empty it so he doesn't jump in or drink the hot water Shocked . i was thinking of adding in a drainage hole to his pool Suspect but i have figured out how to make it connect to the hose and be able to close the connection,yet. we have been staying indoor and only going out in the mornings. we heard its gonna get to 115 in some places this week. how he heatwave out in your area?

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : so many typos)
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Maybe get some bags of ice to add to his pool when he wants to use it. It's gotta cool it down a little bit atleast. The news has been reporting that even our ocean temps at the beaches are in the 70's, which is nice!!! Smile

Here it's been awful too. About 40 minutes from me to the east, they had 107 temps. Ours has hovered in the high 90's and 100, but the nights have been in the 70's! In my house, my alarm clock has the outside and inside temps...at 11:30 pm it was 84 ! No a/c Sad Today is a bit better though and supposed to continue dropping the next few days, it is summer though so it's just gonna be hot for awhile, lol.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 10:08 pm

i have gotta try the ice and see if he will go in. is gonna be hot out here till about late october usually.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 11:23 pm

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye96
out for a walk with his pack, it has one water bottle on each side.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye95
then we lounged out in the front yard under the tree.

since we have been cooped up inside most of the week we headed off to the dog park to stretch our legs.
Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye99

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye98

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_ye97
the park was empty so we headed up to the levee trail wail we waited for some playmates to show up.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y100
he was so excited to head up the trial and check out the river.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y105

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y103

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y102

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y101
he is part mountain goat  Laughing

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y104

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y108
then we head back to the car for a quick drink of water and by then some friends had arrived. we hung out for a bit.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y106
looking out form the porch  Laughing

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y107

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y110
just playing with the camra setting.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y109
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 11:41 pm

Nice pics, Ronin.

Re: Ice- During this heat wave, we've been taking out the ice maker's bucket and either dump the ice on the ground or in the baby pool (same one you have). They eat the ice one moment, lay in the water another and lay in the sun yet another moment.

I stopped trying to make sense of whether they are hot, cold etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 1:54 am

Really nice pics Ronin! I love all the colors! Each one has something cool about it. The one with Leo poking his head thru the blue railing is really cool, it brings out his eyes Smile

Ok, you gotta tell me what setting did that to your one pic where Leo is in black and white, that's really cool! I wonder if my camera has that capability.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 2:46 pm

thanks @dvflyer,  i'm gonna try the ice in the pool on Sunday and seed if the air quality improves by then. we have been on air quality alert for a few days now.

thanks @Artic_Wind, it was a amazing day since it was a bit cloudy it wasn't as hot that day. the river looks so beautiful there were lots of people fishing that day he wanted to stop and watch what there where doing Laughing . thanks Smile , the railing pic is cute. i was laughing to much when i took so it was a bit blurry. yeah it dose make his eyes pop  Very Happy .
my camera has a "SCN" setting. i press the set function button, it gives you the option, were it shows the portrait setting along with few others. the  one that i used is called "color accent".
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 pm

Thanks Ronin, I know mine has a scene setting, I'll look around for adjustments I can do. I've always liked the pics where someone does a complete black and white but has one or two things in color, like if I did a pic of Kohdi in his harness, I could do a black and white and just make his red harness stay red. I think that gets done on a computer though.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y111
he wanted to eat the zucchini form the garden.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y113
do to all the haze the the sky looked really red in the morning.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y116
then he found a hug tree branch that he insisted he chew before we continued our walk Laughing .

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y114
he was so tired after playing at the park. we saw another husky i believe he was about 8 months old. and Leo was not liking him all up in his face, and kept correcting him, although i don't think Leo liked his energy level  Laughing but he did well with all the puppy antics. he hung round his greyhound friend Indy most of the time. i was cautious of the new people (the husky pups people) that called him over. he paused and look at me and got the okay before he went over to say hi.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y126

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y117
headed to the school to seed if they posted the home room teacher list at my nieces school.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y119

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y118
the sky has looks like this for a few weeks now, there is so much ash in the air the other day my mom was out water some of the plants and some ash landed on her arm Shocked .

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y120
we got his vaccines updated and we stopped at my 3rd oldest brothers machine shop to enjoy some ac before heading home.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y122
we did one last pit stop at the dog park, and some one spotted a squirrel.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y121

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y124

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y125
4 years 3 months old.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:14 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 6:47 pm

I lived in El Monte in 1961 when a lot of the south side of the Angeles National Forest burnt.  I could stand on the porch at home and see the flames and from school in San Gabriel it looked like they were right on top of us ... yeh, red skies in the morning and evening and a lot of smoke and haze (like lot's of smog!!) all day long!

You're far enough away from the fire to not be inviting it to come visit, right???

before anyone asks, yeh, I've moved around a lot and lived in a lot of different places! From the time I was born in '47 until I joined service in '65 mom (and I) had over 60 different addresses. As a kid I saw way too much of this country!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 7:21 pm

i hope we are far enough away from the fires. although there was a close call near a farm about 2 block away from us had a small grass fire on their property. i think the wind has been caring the ash far away form where the fires have stated. we have been lucky so far, i just hope that they can contain the fires soon.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 7:32 pm

OH wow Ronin, I remember skies like that here back in '03 (Blitz and Anuschka were just babies) and then again in '07 (Blitz dies a month later) when we had our wildfires here. It's EEERY! It's not good for you guys to be out and breathing that stuff so stay inside as much as you can.

Pics are awesome Ronin! Leo's coat is on fire in that one pic by the tree! It just glows! So pretty!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 7:41 pm

we have been staying inside a lot this summer, it just way to hot and dry out for us to really enjoy the grass and the plants. we've turn into couch potatoes Laughing were gonna have to work really hard to get into shape lol!.
we would see some plans flaying over the mountains of alum rock park. it was crazy the fire was over the mountains that our old house was facing.
i notice when we were out walking that his hair looked like it was on fire and i though it would make a cool picture but wasn't sure if the camera with be able to capture it, but it came out really nice.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y128
found him napping by the bamboo I love you .

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y127
it was still a little hazy on Tuesday.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y129
he did find a gopher hole to investigate.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y132
heading out to run some errands.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y131
we stop off at the bank.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y130
hanging out in front for a bit before it gets to hot.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y133
my 3rd oldest brothers unimog which he calls it "whitey".

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y134
napping out by the little moso bamboo bush.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y135
he wanted in the garden but the pumpkin as kinda taken over the walk way. so he will have to wait until its none growing.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Leo_y137
by Sunday the haze had cleared up and it was beautiful outside.
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 11:47 am

A Unimog! Very cool!

Oh, the husky pics are cool too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Beautiful pics with the sky and I LOVE the pic next to Whitey Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leo's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next