It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

We love Ziwipeak!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:58 pm

I just sent my email to them... will see what comes of it.

EDIT:
less then 2hrs later i got an email back saying they would send some samples Smile

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Awesome! Let us know what you get! And be patient, they do typically take a while to receive!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:03 pm

I like surprises in the mail! im sure i will forget in a week or so unless some one here brings it up. im in no rush.

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Sweet! Let us know what you get! It'll be at least a couple weeks.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:41 pm

We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 IMG_20110418_152312

Box came on monday! the antler's were received with excitement then found their untouched spot on the blanket with the bully sticks and raw hides. they have been chewing on them over the last few days every now and then. i started adding the ziwipeak to the food yesterday as it could not have come at a better time, every spring Jack starts his im not in the mood to eat anymore faze and this has gotten him to finish his meals! i also think this could be a good alternative food while hiking.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Wow, you got a lot! I'm so jealous of you folks that got antlers to try. I guess I shouldn't complain too much as I got deer hooves but still, I'd prefer to have received antlers! That's fantastic that it's helping Jack eat, hopefully it agrees with them?

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Nice loot Jenn! You got a lot!

Unfortunately, venison does not agree with Ginger as far as I can tell. I bought the Venison/Fish dog treats, and it seemed to make Ginger go soft. I'll try it again later to confirm, but if makes her go soft again, I guess I'll have to see if it'll agree with Storm...

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:03 pm

YOU'RE KIDDING ME!! I got a small bag of venison and the scoop and that's it. I must have not said the "right" things in my email! Sabaka had a tiny bit of the venison on his regular food last night and this morning he threw up a tiny, watery yellow vomit. I'm not convinced it's related. His stool was fine all day today.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
YOU'RE KIDDING ME!! I got a small bag of venison and the scoop and that's it. I must have not said the "right" things in my email! Sabaka had a tiny bit of the venison on his regular food last night and this morning he threw up a tiny, watery yellow vomit. I'm not convinced it's related. His stool was fine all day today.

Ginger has that same vomit on occassion. It only has happened on her morning walk before she gets fed. I asked the vet about it and was told that it could be that she is over producing digestive enzymes/fluids if she's expecting food. In the 8 months we've had her, she's done this about 5 times...so about 6 weeks or so. It's been a while since the last time she done this.

Keep a mental note on how often it happens and when it happens.

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:38 pm

I actually think the digestive juices are the culprit. He still eats 3 times a day and yesterday was SO crazy with kids' sports and puppy class, I forgot to give him his evening meal. Embarassed SO, as any good Mom will often do, I justified his lack of food by saying he had so many treats at puupy class that he really didn't need to eat. I did put a tiny bit of kibble in his bowl to see if he looked interested and he was not. I was glad since it was 11 pm and I didn't want a load of food digesting in the night and me having to get up and take hime out. I haven't given him the Ziwipeak yet today.
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
I actually think the digestive juices are the culprit.

Luka has the same issue if I sleep in and don't feed her first thing in the morning. I would hear her stomach growling, and then soon after, I would find a nice gift of yellow vomit for me on the floor. Now as soon as I hear the tummy grumble, I get my butt out of bed and get some food in her! Kitty is eating the exact same amount and is on the same feeding schedule, but never has this issue.

We have tried the venison and fish, but I didn't know they had antlers or hooves! Looking forward to trying some.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 pm

I'm relieved to hear others have the same issue and it sounds like it's the same reason why she throws up...This makes me feel a little better. Vet did say that if I'm running late and she's going to eat later that morning or something, to give her a small bite before walking her.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:58 am

Yep, very common to get the yellow bile when their stomachs are running on empty. Some dogs are more prone to it than others for some reason too. Of my three, Dakota and Glory can miss meals and go for longer periods with no problem. But Faith MUST have a snack around midday and before bed otherwise she will vomit yellow bile if when her stomach is empty. I've learned through trial and error when to make sure she has a little snack to keep her tummy happy. And since I treat all my dogs equally, they all get treats/snacks at the same time. It's not fair for Faith to get a midday and bedtime snack while the other two get nothing. Wink

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:02 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Yep, very common to get the yellow bile when their stomachs are running on empty. Some dogs are more prone to it than others for some reason too. Of my three, Dakota and Glory can miss meals and go for longer periods with no problem. But Faith MUST have a snack around midday and before bed otherwise she will vomit yellow bile if when her stomach is empty. I've learned through trial and error when to make sure she has a little snack to keep her tummy happy. And since I treat all my dogs equally, they all get treats/snacks at the same time. It's not fair for Faith to get a midday and bedtime snack while the other two get nothing. Wink

Wow, Val! Faith is really, REALLY sensitive! She is very lucky to have one of the best moms!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:51 pm

cmanding wrote:
Wow, Val! Faith is really, REALLY sensitive!

Laughing I keep saying that Faith is extremely sensitive but I don't think that even comes close to giving people any idea of just how sensitive she is. I was told before we adopted her that she had a sensitive stomach, I told the person we adopted her from that I was used to sensitive stomachs with my sibe and we brought her home. I was NOT prepared for how sensitive she actually was and never in my wildest dreams did I think a dog could be THAT sensitive. Shocked "Sensitive stomach" is a major understatement when it comes to describing Faith.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:28 pm

So I attempted Ziwipeaks again for Ginger this morning and gave her 2 tablespoons of the Venison cuisine with her Honest Kitchen (she ate at 7:30 am).

Around noon, her BM was a small amount of mucousy diarreha (nothing else) Crying or Very sad

This happened that last couple of times I tried Ziwipeaks Venison, and thought maybe it was too much muscle meat or skin on her drumstick when she had a mucousy film over her what otherwise would be normal BM.

Would it be safe to say Ginger doesn't love Ziwipeaks?

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:17 pm

I do think it would be fairly safe to say that ZP does not love Ginger! Laughing But you never know till you try. Maybe the remaining ZP will agree with Storm a little better?

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
I do think it would be fairly safe to say that ZP does not love Ginger! Laughing But you never know till you try. Maybe the remaining ZP will agree with Storm a little better?

Yep, I'm holding the rest of it for Storm - I think he'll be one that can eat anything.

PostSubject: Re: We love Ziwipeak!   We love Ziwipeak! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

We love Ziwipeak!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3