It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 pm

I came home form vacation monday nigh and Jack is STILL blowing his coat! i think were on a month now..... i will say i did enjoy not eating husky hair on my trip! maybe i should go drop in at claudias on sunday, sure her inlaws would love that Wink

Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:13 pm

After you husky's first coat blow, does there coat color change much? Just wondering, I am new to owning a husky.
Back to top Go down
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

Female Join date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:05 am

It's June, which means coat blowing season is in full swing in Kentucky. This is what I got off my three this evening, and it's not even a drop in the bucket to what needs to come off.

its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 IMG_6147
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:09 am

Arainais wrote:
It's June, which means coat blowing season is in full swing in Kentucky. This is what I got off my three this evening, and it's not even a drop in the bucket to what needs to come off.

its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 IMG_6147

That's a very depressing picture, good luck! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:23 am

UGH!! Sheba just will not let go of her puppy coat. She has been in a perpetual stage of fuzzies. Meaning she isn't dropping anything, but you can see the tufts just sitting in her coat. Our weather has been so crazy lately, I don't think she will drop it until July!! It went from crazy hot to sweatpants and hoodie weather.. Driving me insane! I have to vacuum everyday right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:36 am

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
UGH!! Sheba just will not let go of her puppy coat. She has been in a perpetual stage of fuzzies. Meaning she isn't dropping anything, but you can see the tufts just sitting in her coat. Our weather has been so crazy lately, I don't think she will drop it until July!! It went from crazy hot to sweatpants and hoodie weather.. Driving me insane! I have to vacuum everyday right now.

Lucian won't let go of his puppy coat either, lol. It only comes out little bit, by little bit. Usually on the couch, or the floor. Even with brushing him the only fur I get out is on the inside of his legs.
Back to top Go down
Mishka&Me
Puppy
Puppy
Mishka&Me

Male Join date : 2013-04-02

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:57 am

Arainais wrote:

oh my.. Thank god mine has at least 3 weeks left
Back to top Go down
MattV
Newborn
Newborn
MattV

Male Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Storm started at the beginning of March, and was done within three weeks with daily brushing. He looked like he'd lost 15 pounds when he was done. Our GSD would shed constantly, year round. In some ways, this is easier, getting done with all at once. He of course still drops hair, but not in huge rafts, all year long.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Yuki's blowing her coat (she keeps pretending to blow and then stops, and then a couple weeks later she pretends to blow and stops lol). We went to a wash-your-dog yourself service place to give her a bath and blow off some hair with their high velocity dryer. I think we got a tenth of it off? Hehe I'm getting at least a bucketful a day!
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Yep!!! This is my first year with dealing with the blowing coat thing. My mal is full on blowing her coat and Micole looks like she isn't far behind. She is almost loosing just as much hair and she is only 5 months old!! affraid I had to vacuum twice yesterday because it got clogged the first time around Shocked O man.... and Micoles hair that comes out is PINK!!!!What the hey!!! Does that normally happen with reds? Pink hair? its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 1625187496
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Jack has been losing his hind legs and butt for a week now Rolling Eyes it just goes on and on and on and on.......

Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Kiba just started...oh joy. My first time dealing with this. She had huge clumps coming out at the dog park lol.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:38 pm

its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 10256410
jack was tired enough after our hike sat so i could brush him out!
there was so much more fur that blew away before my husband took the pic!

Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:42 pm

I've been brushing Loki for almost 2 weeks straight and there is still SO MUCH FUR. Lint rollers are unless. Coffee is instantly flavored with fur and the furbunnies are bigger then my chinchilla.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm

We've been in blowing season for over a month at our house! I think it's partially because Bode is blowing his puppy coat AND his winter coat (this is his first blow, he was born May of last year) and partially because he is a squirmer getting brushed so we are taking baby steps and doing short brushing sessions.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Loki is blowing for the first time too. He was born in July. And boy does he hate being brushed. Treats only interest him for so long before he is like "screw this" and gets up.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 4:00 pm

eander83 wrote:
Loki is blowing for the first time too.  He was born in July.  And boy does he hate being brushed.  Treats only interest him for so long before he is like "screw this" and gets up.

Our best tactic has been giving him a Pig's ear and brushing him while he's chewing on that since it takes him at least 15 minutes!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 4:44 pm

My girls haven't started yet. Sad I think they're all going to blow at once though....they're starting to shed a little more everyday.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Yuki blew her butt and is now blowing her tail. Link is blowing his whole back half, its the biggest ball of fur I've brushed out yet! Shocked
Back to top Go down
kobi269
Newborn
Newborn
kobi269

Male Join date : 2013-01-13

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:13 am

I just got my internet back this last week and our new place a couple weeks before that. (yay lol). Kobi has been Blowing for the last 2 months. Started off light then in the last 2 weeks its gotten so so so bad lol. We took a pic of one of the many times we brushed him (which he hates by the way). then gave him a bath last night and its like it made it worse if thats even possible. Its his first blow he will be a year old next month.

its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 1014275_586291258059940_1871678061_n
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 9:38 am

Bourbon is just like some of the recent posts his puppy blow and his first of the season which hhas been going on for over a month. Last two weeks we finally go his back to finish the blow but he still has not blown the shoulder and last night he was massively chasing and biting his tail. I found out why when he stopped and got up there were four huge clumps that we partially hanging out. These were not the tiny fan tufts that are so cute to pull out (which I constantly do casue he hates to be brushed) these were handfull size things that made his tail go from bushy fox to jagged in a second. Kind of funny.

I wait usually until later in the evening when he is sitting peacefully minding his own business chewing a toy to harrass his a** and brush him. I can get from 5-15 minute before he get restless and wanders off on me.Twisted Evil

cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:01 am

Karli is blowing for the first time too and man is my hubby the biggest baby about it. He wanted me to get her groomed so I took her in. Her coat is really soft, but she's still blowing (which I told him would happen) so there is fur EVERYWHERE!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:56 am

Since I posted yesterday that Bourbon was blowing his tail and he was biting it again tonight I decided I HAD to brush his tail wether he wanted to sit still or not. This picture is from brushing his tail ONLY! I knew I would get a bunch but I did not imagine I would get this much as my last husky did not blow much but his tail shed almost 100% of guard hairs only and that is kind of what I expected with a bit of under coat and fluff since Bourbon is pure and Butkis was a mix.

This is from brushing Bourbons tail!
its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 20130612

Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Question:

I remember reading normally a husky only sheds twice a year before I got koda. I understand there are some circumstances were this isn't true but.. It's seems like koda has been shedding non stop since he has been 4 months.. He is 9 months now.. Is this what I should expect always? Or is this a rare summer since he is still a pup.. He is loosing a lot more hair the last month. But I was hoping I just had to deal with hair really bad those 2 times a year. Lol
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Question:

I remember reading normally a husky only sheds twice a year before I got koda. I understand there are some circumstances were this isn't true but.. It's seems like koda has been shedding non stop since he has been 4 months.. He is 9 months now.. Is this what I should expect always? Or is this a rare summer since he is still a pup.. He is loosing a lot more hair the last month. But I was hoping I just had to deal with hair really bad those 2 times a year. Lol
You really just get different flavors here....

Some of us have the 2 times a year blow, while others (Ripley) seem to blow slightly less during those times, but make up for it by going all year round.

Some will blow for a week and stop, and others will start late and keep it going for a while.

Honestly Ripley hasn't stopped blowing her coat since Spring.... It's a bit daunting how much fur she can shed.

It may have something to do with the fact she is mixed, or recovering from the health we got her in still in terms of her coat.... Either way Kelly and I feel your pain Razz

HV Blowers, or a grooming session, might help... or it could just stem the tide fr a tiny bit.

~Chris~

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   its that time of year - It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next