It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arvin Amante
Newborn
Newborn
Arvin Amante

puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 8:59 pm

hi my sister bought a Siberian husky its 2 month old a male and his name is Simon i really love dog but im so worried about simon i really dont know what to feed him i mean we bought a pet food in the pet shop but he dont want to eat that pet food and when my mother give him a non-cook chicken and he like it , but im worried i dont know why.. so i want to know what should i feed my dog i want to make him healthy please anyone help me i think the name of the pet food we bought is "high energy(VITALITY)"

Need Help Guys  Sad

Back to top Go down
jspec0482
Puppy
Puppy
jspec0482

Female Join date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:10 pm

You could try a different brand/flavor of pet food. He may just be picky.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Arvin, before you go into a lot of switching of dog food, have the pup checked by a vet and make sure there are no health problems.

Bear in mind that every time you switch foods, you can expect a few days to a week or so of loose stool or constipation ... since you're ion the Philippines, I don't think you;ll get many recommendations about food from us. You may have some of the same brands we do, but I doubt that it's imported from the US (or the price would probably be sky high).

We do have a couple of other Phillipinos here who muight be able to recommend brands; we also have several people who feed raw and I'm sure they'll chime in tomorrow (weekends are very slow on the forum, sorry.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Drewpuck
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2016-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:50 pm

Hi arvin... yah, Im also from the phils and also have a husky...

for your question, vitality is a good brand of dogfood... but reading from so many forums, go natural is also better than vitality... aljones is right, dogfoods from US is diff than what we have in the phils... try giving your dog raw meat...

question, is a 2 month puppy ok to be given raw food? last night, i gave my hutch a piece of chicken gizzard last night, he ate it but again his stool is watery... based on my reading, stool will be normal depending on the dog's adaptability to cope with different foods... just a caution, do not give simon cooked chicken parts and bones...
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 12:27 am

Drew, someone will correct me if I'm wrong (remember, I don't feed raw) but I think that organ meat is richer than muscle and if you give too much it may cause loose stools.  From what I read, raw needs to be given in the proper proportion for it to be really effective.

And yes, cooked bones, of almost any kind, are more apt to splinter and cause problems than raw bones.

@Arvin Amante - it helps us a lot if you'll note in your profile that you're from the Philippines.  Most of us are in the US and Canada so I think that we assume everyone is unless we can see otherwise in the profile.

Back to top Go down
Drewpuck
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 1:16 am

@aljones, you're right... I just tried giving Hutch if he will eat the raw gizzard... he ate it anyway... Razz i will plan on giving him the chicken back and less on the organ meat... but again, that will take time as I don't want him to have an angry stomach... lols... giving raw is just like when a dog is already fed up on his kibbles...
Back to top Go down
Arvin Amante
Newborn
Newborn
Arvin Amante

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 9:42 pm

thank you guys for your suggestion guys... but my main question is what should i do to my simon should i give him a raw food or should i find the right pet food but what if he still dont want to eat the pet food that we bought?? and i just want to know how many times per week should i wash or clean simon?? because right now my simon smell like a pure dog hahaha Smile
Back to top Go down
Drewpuck
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:51 pm

Arvin Amante wrote:
thank you guys for your suggestion guys... but my main question is what should i do to my simon should i give him a raw food or should i find the right pet food but what if he still dont want to eat the pet food that we bought?? and i just want to know how many times per week should i wash or clean simon?? because right now my simon smell like a pure dog hahaha Smile

arvin, first things first... when you bought him, what is the dogfood that the previous owner is feeding him? then, if your budget fits, continue giving him the prime dogfood... He will eat the dogfood you bought... that's for sure... try reading on the net all bout huskies and you will not believe that huskies are clean dogs... I mean, they do not require to take a bath for a long period of time... maybe once or twice a month will do...
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 12:35 am

This is a complete aside, so please excuse my interruption.  I'm assuming that both of you 'Drewpuck' and 'Arvin Amante' speak Tagalog as a mother tongue - if not, ignore me.

This forum is an English speaking forum, but not all of our members are so comfortable in English as they are in their native tongues.  Question for staff and possibly other members.

Suppose a conversation were something like the following:

Quote :

Ich habe zwei schöne hunden,  Meine Deutsch is ganze schade!
-translation-
I have two pretty dogs.  My German sucks!

What I'm proposing is the ability for two non-native English speakers to talk in a way that allows them to say what they want but still not leave the rest of us in the 'dark' ... comments???

Back to top Go down
Drewpuck
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:13 pm

@aljones... well... I get you there... as much as possible, I write and speak english coz I know I joined this forum which almost all the members are in US... peace out! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie   puppies - Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi From Philippines 2 months old puppies im a newbie

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1