It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Updates on Sully

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Updates on Sully - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:04 pm

That is soo good to hear!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 pm

yay Sully!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:16 am

Hooray!!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
j.gabriel
Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

Female Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 am

awww that's so nice to hear!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Finally getting the treatment he deserves, yay! Do you have any idea how long he has been living with the torn CCL?

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Reading back at the email exchanges before Sully arrived to us, it sounds like he could have torn his CCL last summer.

The owner noticed a limp toward the end of last summer sometime, took him to the vet, and the vet said he could have either torn his CCL or it could just be a 'sprain'. Back then, the owners decided to put him on an Rx (not sure for what) and see if it went away. Sully got better after a week or so, but still had a limp. The owner was supposed to bring him back to the vet for another Rx (not sure if it was the same or a different Rx), but never did because she thought he was getting better.

After another week or so of limping around, the husband asked his friend who was a student (or maybe he was a graduate) of CU Vet school and said that if his CCL was torn, Sully would not be walking on it at all. So they left it as it was.

Fast forward to a few weeks before we picked him up...
I asked about his leg and was told he's all better.
When we picked him up, he limped and she said, 'Oh, he's OK. He's old and he's a little stiff. He'll work it out eventually.'

When we got home, he wasn't putting weight on it at first, but after a while, he'd walk on it half the time. Since Dr. Miller has free check-ups for new pets, I decided to have Sully checked out because i didn't want him playing around if it was more than 'just a still muscle'.

So....he could have torn his CCL last summer, and previous owners just neglected to have him re-checked to confirm, or they simply just did not want to spend the money to have him checked. Don't forget, the husband was the one who wanted to put him down after he hurt his leg, but the wife begged husband not to. So it could be that was the compromise....keep Sully and not check his leg out to confirm, and no money spent on his leg...

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Poor boy living like that for so many months, finally getting some much needed relief! Thank goodness. Smile

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Sully's mom called today with some sad news.

He hasn't been feeling well these past couple of days and she was concerned that he might of ate something that made his tummy upset. But then she noticed that nothing was coming out the other end either.

Sully had surgery today and his mom found a mass in (one of) his organs. Under Sully's circumstances, she decided against any heroic measures. She will keep him as comfortable as she can in the meantime.

She doesn't know how much time he has left, but she and the rest of their family will love him until it is time for him to say goodbye. His eyes are still bright and smiling....

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Oh no Sad
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:32 pm

That is so sad! Poor Sully. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Good bye Sully. Sad
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:03 am

From his mom:

Nothing quite like doing an abdominal exploratory on your personal pet, hoping against hope that the funny lump in the stomach on radiographs is a ball or a piece of a toy, dreading that it is stomach cancer, and finding nothing wrong with the stomach at all--but then noticing that the liver is clearly not ok, and the gall bladder is closed off by the tumor that once was liver lobe.

I believe in quality of life, not just a larger quantity of increasing pain. I will help him fight the pain as long as he wants to stay here, and when he needs to go, I will relieve his pain permanently, and know that he had a furrever home that let him live his senior years to the fullest.
--------

I will be forever grateful to Sully's family for taking him in and giving him a loving and caring home.

His eyes are still bright, but she doesn't know how long he'll be around. If he is recovered from surgery enough to make it to July's husky huddle, they will be by for a little bit as Sully, Charlie and Toffee (pack mates) enjoys being a part of fun.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:34 am

My heart sunk when I read this on FB, but then I realized that he could not have ended up with a better family to live out the end of his days. Dr. Miller and her family have given him so much love and he has touch all our lives here as well, his story will always be remembered. I hope he can make it to the july meet up.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:38 am

Such sad news indeed, but I agree he is with the best family and in the best care he could ask for. At least he has a family to love and care for him until it's his time to cross the bridge.

Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:19 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:54 pm

I cannot believe it's been a year since Sully entered our life and touched our hearts.

Despite CCL surgery and cancerous tumor in his liver, he still has a sparkle in his eyes.

Yesterday, I left Ginger and Storm home, so I could meet up with Sully at the meet-up. He greeted me with a smile and small kiss and went off to play with his friends. Sully is my Special Heart Husky...

Updates on Sully - Page 2 Husky_13

Updates on Sully - Page 2 Husky_14

Last edited by cmanding on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:01 pm

i was so happy to see sully yesterday! i got lots of love from him as well! he still looks and moves well for what he has been through.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Awww Sully!!! So glad to see that he's doing well!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Awwwww - how sweet! Smile Glad to see him doing well!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Just caught up on this guy! What a beautiful, loved boy I love you So happy to know he is doing good. He looks happy!
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Sad poor guy has been through alot
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:52 pm

I read up on Sully I had tears in my eyes reading some of it..

I am so glad he is doing so good..

Smile
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Well...I took Storm to get blood drawn today, and Dr. M mentioned that Sully has torn his OTHER CCL! Sad Poor boy!

Dr. M found Sully one morning recently not wanting to get up and walk. When he finally did, he didn't put any weight on his non-surgery leg. The leg he has CCL surgery on is stable and prior to this update, he was walking on his surgery leg with barely a limp. So it was stable, but it was not full weight bearing. Now, his OTHER leg's CCL is torn, and he is not putting any weight on it so it's difficult for him to walk.

Dr. M says that they have hardwood floors which isn't easy for Sully to walk on so he 'could' have slipped, causing his good leg to slide out in a way to tear the CCL, OR, Tika (the 2 year old female eat everything rambunctious husky) may have caused Sully to move in a way causing him to tear his CCL. Tika is a handful, high energy husky and always wants to rough play or she's getting into something!

Unfortunately, Sully is not a good candidate for surgery because of the tumor in his liver which will not allow him to process anesthesia...so Sully is on Adequan, and another pain meds to help him be comfy for the time being.

However, with all that Sully has been through, he still seems to have bright, lively eyes, and a spark to still want to take short, slow walks.

Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Poor boy I hope everything works out for him..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updates on Sully   Updates on Sully - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Updates on Sully

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next