It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread   Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm

He's so cute! I'm glad he's learned how to deal with your other nuts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread   Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:30 pm

So... Yesterday was Tambi's birthday and Limbaugh also turned seven months to the day. We had a hike hastily planned on Saturday evening for Sunday, and things went due south Sunday morning. The Supper-sitter didn't answer his phone. It looked like he was home so I rang the door bell and knocked for about 15 minutes to no avail. F. We had no choice but to take him with us. (More details when I post a hiking thread about it.)

Anyway, not sure if the hike fried his brain or what but that dog went FREAKIN' NUTS when I left with just Ridik this morning. It's really more encompassing than that behaviorally. I swear it sounded like a 200 pound Mastiff was ransacking our house (or two grown humans inside fighting) as I stood in the driveway trying to comprehend what was going on. Chairs crashing, the deepest bark and howl I've ever heard him make, the door sounded like someone was trying to kick it down with a sofa and a thud against the front bay window that brought the curtains down had me back inside. Damn dog didn't even touch the bits of cheese and treats I left around the house for when I leave him.

This last weekend was like someone flipped a switch in his head. I'm hoping this fades after a week back in the normal routine, but I'm also a bit more realistic than that. Here we go...
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread   Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:49 pm

do we have said pictures of this craziness.... someone is growing up......

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread   Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Huh. This thread. Amazing what you come up with when searching your own stuff.

I can safely say it's over. Aside from the carnage that Coco inflicted, this dog has been way too Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 EasyButton.

Training, walking, free roam in the house, free roam in the yard, commands, sitting for everything... It has all been done with little effort on our end. The other dogs did it all for us.

I did start him on a tougher exercise regimen than I anticipated, but that was a decision I came to by evaluating him individually. Today he is almost 15 months old and completely integrated into this place like he's always been here.

So far this dog has done:
1 14er
2 10ers
2 13ers
1 11er
1 12er

and he's looking like he is going to be one seriously skilled mountain dog.

Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 IMG_8323

Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 IMG_8331

Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 IMG_2433

Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 100_0271

Thread done.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread   Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:10 pm

I miss puppy Limbaugh Sad he is SOOOOOO grown up now!

PostSubject: Re: Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread   Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harrise's Ongoing Puppy Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2