It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2017-05-01

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 am

Hey guys. First thanks to all of you for the wonderful support. My puppy Bella is now back to normal her stomach is back on normal solid stool easy to pick up and no issues. She was on the chicken rice yougurt pumpkin and Orijen diet. She seems to be doing just fine with all of that. Can I continue giving her a mix of the house food and kibble? Or should I stick to simply kibble?  That's a question in regards to her health and wellbeing. If kibbl will do just fine then I could stop the other food, but if rice chicknen yougurt pumping will benift her then I can just feeding her that with kibble for the rest of her life. Money or food isn't the issue just asking about her health.

Another question is she has been vaccinate as per the below picture:
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Image10 is there any vaccine that I have missed? Also she's been dewarmwd. But her last ticket and flee repellent was two month ago,
I think I should buy the front line and put on her?

One more thing one of her lower K9 fell out. Any advice on how I am hep speed up the process of teething as I want her other lower k9 out sonher lower jaw can maybe grow enough to stop having an overbite.

Thank you again for all your support
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 10:53 am

You can drop the pumpkin. Other than to firm up loose stools there's no reason to give it continually. Yogurt is good. I give it to mine occasionally, a spoonful a day during the warm season when we are doing more work. Any meat protein is good for them. You may want to look into feeding a partially raw diet. Renee does this and knows how to balance it better than I. I feed raw sometimes but not as often as she. That being said many dogs do just fine on full-time kibble, especially a quality kibble like you are feeding. With kibble you do miss out on the added moisture content that is good for dogs that you get with raw and supplemental food like the yogurt.

Encourage chewing. Some people freeze wet towels or rope toys for them to chew on, look into cow or pigs ears. They like the taste so are more apt to chew at them. Something that will really get her working enthusiastically but isn't so hard she runs the risk of breaking a tooth.

I believe she is old enough to use frontline and other topical preventatives on. I think they have it now where it's safe to use on puppies as young as 8 weeks old. Most treatments are only for a month unless specifically stated to go longer so it's probably time to dose her with something. There are many options out there that should work.

Vaccinations look good to me. Been a long while since I had a puppy but looks like you've started the ones you need. All about making sure you are getting the boosters when you need them to finish them off.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 2:23 am

As far as the diet. I would slowly ween off some stuff. I would as Jenn said try going with out pumpkin, then the rice, and then reduce the chicken some. Calcium and phospherous is very important and too much or too little is not good for growing puppies long term. Just taper off every few day add less stuff and more kibble. At this point I would hold steady on just kibble, and the yogurt. If she continues doing good, you can feed some raw, lean meat until she is older I would feed chicken breast and proteins that are lean and if any visible fat remove. You can feed 2-4 ounces of raw or lightly cooked meat to add in some moisture. The orijen itself tho is perfectly fine, and well balanced, so you can just feed the orijen and continue with the yogurt if you prefer.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 11:35 am

MiyasMomma wrote:
As far as the diet. I would slowly ween off some stuff. I would as Jenn said try going with out pumpkin, then the rice, and then reduce the chicken some. Calcium and phospherous is very important and too much or too little is not good for growing puppies long term. Just taper off every few day add less stuff and more kibble. At this point I would hold steady on just kibble, and the yogurt. If she continues doing good, you can feed some raw, lean meat until she is older I would feed chicken breast and proteins that are lean and if any visible fat remove. You can feed 2-4 ounces of raw or lightly cooked meat to add in some moisture. The orijen itself tho is perfectly fine, and well balanced, so you can just feed the orijen and continue with the yogurt if you prefer.

I dropped the pumpkin and yougurt, currently she's on three times a day of 70G of Orijen and rice and chicken.

I wanted to know if its a good idea to keep feeding her chicken and rice (Rice is keeping her stomach and stool good from what I see)

we steam the chicken and put it in the fridge, each meal she gets around 100g of chicken
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Rice and chicken definitely isn't a good diet long term. I'd gradually continue to decrease the amount of rice and chicken in favour of the Orijen - and since you've had problems with her digestion, I'd do that very gradually.

Since you said - in another thread - that she's stealing food, do you *really* know how much she's eating of what during the day? Stealing food isn't going to go a long way to keeping the stomach problems down.

Ali, I have to ask - with very few exceptions your English is excellent - is English your mother tongue (as in raised in the US/Britain and living in the UAE) or Arabic? Don't answer if that's too intrusive.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 12:08 pm

You can drop both. With the Orijen she should be getting what she needs. She doesn't necessarily need the chicken or the rice when on the kibble. If you want to keep going with the chicken you can. Nutritionally it is good for her but she doesn't NEED it. The rice is just filler so more serves to make her feel full and to be fiber. I would ween off of them both but watch for changes in stool. If you go too fast it might loosen up a bit again but with time should firm back up as she gets used to not having those items with her kibble. How much total food is she getting. I'm not real familiar with grams but seems it's somewhere around a quarter of a cup of kibble. She should be getting a lot more of that. When fully on kibble she should be getting around 2-3 cups a day, which I think is something like 340 grams of kibble twice a day.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 2:15 pm

I agree with Jenn and Al, your pup needs more kibble, do it very slowly. It is a high KCal puppy food, so she doesn't need as much as most other puppy food, and 3 cups a day will probably result in loose poops again. I would work up to 2 cups a day of the kibble, 70 grams is far to little, 1 cup of Orijen is about 120 grams. Here is their chart for feeding amounts, I am assuming you feed the Canadian version https://www.orijen.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Orijen-Feeding-GuidesREVISED.pdf Of course I do not know how old she is now, nor how much she weighs, but guessing if she weighs 10 KG and she should weigh about 20 KG fully grown, she needs to be eating between 200-240 grams a day. But that is based on if he weighs 10KG and she will weigh about 20 KG when grown. How much does she weigh to give a better idea on how many grams of kibble she needs to eat. Smile
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Well to answer all of the above; I will gradually reduce her chicken and rice until she's completly yon the kibble. Another important thing to ask is everyone is saying i'm not giving her enough kibble, but I do feed her 70gx 3 times a day = around 210grams. As per the feeding guide a puppy at the weight of 10-15 should eat a total of 200-240 therefore I think she's getting enough kibble isnt she?

Also I was born in Lebanon and lived in Dubai my whole life, but English is more of my first language as I do speak English more than Arabic.

Should I be looking at giving her more than a total of 240 per day of Orijen?
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 4:19 pm

One more thing guys, Bella's face is somewhat not puffy and fluffy such as a Husky should be, could this be due to lack of food? I can't tell if something is wrong with her or takes time for her to grow into a fluffy doggy..

She's 5 month old and around 12kg at the moment.

Few picture's below:Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8110
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8116
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8111
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8112
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8114
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8115
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8113
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8117

Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 4:41 pm

She's so pretty <3 Some are short coats, like my girl and wont have that much face fluff, probably better for her since it is so hot where you are. I would up it to 240 grams a day and see how she is doing, and decreasing the chicken and rice. You can feed 2-4 ounces of chicken daily as well, raw or lightly cooked, I feed kibble and a little meat daily for both of my girls.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 4:49 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
She's so pretty <3 Some are short coats, like my girl and wont have that much face fluff, probably better for her since it is so hot where you are. I would up it to 240 grams a day and see how she is doing, and decreasing the chicken and rice. You can feed 2-4 ounces of chicken daily as well, raw or lightly cooked, I feed kibble and a little meat daily for both of my girls.

Thank you! Is it for sure that her hair wont grow longer? or it might when she's about a year? any idea? also will do 240 grams per day and add chicken to it Very Happy steamed is fine? or you rather lightly cooked for the health of the dog? the chicken is frozen so we defrost it and then steam it.

Is she defiantly a pure Serbian Husky? or could have a little mix in there? any idea as her muzzle is a bit long and her ears are a little long aswell Razz would still love her unconditionally even if she's a chewawa lol just saying
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 pm

She's young and still has some growing to do. Until around a year she will continue to grow into her nose and ears, then she will most likely fill out some and become less leggy and put on some muscle. After her first coat blow her hair might get a bit longer but I wouldn't expect much. She does look pure and is beautiful.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Thank you so much for the help guys. I guess it's time for training tips from you experts on the other topic.

Thanks for helping me solve Bella's stomach problems and all my long inquires. I am really grateful to have found you guys.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 6:15 pm

Guys I think my poor puppy Bella has burned paws from the hot sand and pavement she walks on during this hot weather... I just noticed this today can someone please tell me if those are burned paws or she's born as such:

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8120
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8123
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8122
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8121
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Since she's back and white, it wouldn't be uncommon for her paw pads to also be black and white - they are.
Some dogs pads are very pink, some are white, many are black - so it's really hard to tell from a picture if she's burned them out walking. I will say that it's 110f (43c?) here today and my dogs walk outside on the sand / rocks without a problem - the pavement may be a bigger problem, I honestly don't know.

The best way that I'd bee able to tell would be if she's walking like they're sore, if she limps around - you may be right. You might want to consider doggie booties.

What's causing you to think she's burned them, because of the colouring or because she's walking funny?

Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 6:43 pm

She's walkijfee perfectly normal. Just though that's the color and the heat of the pavement could have burned her paws... any idea how to identify it? She is defiantly not walking on them like they are sore, but any other signs I can look for to make sure she's fine?

I think I'm just gna get doggy boots to be on the safe side.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 7:04 pm

If she's walking normally then I wouldn't be too concerned - I know my dogs will gladly walk on rocks that I won't set on!

Since I have to admit that I really don't know the answer to your question I went looking and this link looks like it might be most helpful (though it's formatted oddly on my display<??>)

Basically what it says is that you look for sensitivity when walking, blisters, stuff like that.

Bellas pad have been scuffed a bit from walking on the pavement - but that's really not that unusual or reason for concern unless she start indicating that the pads are sore.

Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

Male Join date : 2017-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 9:52 pm

I do have to say that compared to Yuka, she does still really have a puppy look to her. Yuka is also 5 months and he's 17kg now. Anyway, Bella has gone trough quite a rough period so pretty sure she will catch up a bit, but i do think she will stay on the smaller side. Glad shes doing better Smile

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 20170613
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 12:16 am

My breeder posted this pic on her FB page as a public service announcement as to the danger for our pups in summer temperatures. It's pretty sad. This dog walked on pavement when the temperature was 80 degrees. So this is what scorched paws look like. I'd say your pup doesn't have scorched paws but it's also hard to say for sure because varying degrees of burn will all look different, you still want to be very careful.

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Image194
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Hey guys,

So Bella is about six month of age now and her lower jaw hasn't grown properly therefore she still has an overbite. Her new lower k9 teeth came out and they are sticking into her upper gums. We took her to the vet today and he gave us two options either extract those two k9s or take a chance and trim them in a way that would not hit the top of her jaw. He said there's 30% chance of the trimming to work out as it's a complicated procedure and doesn't always work out... I was wondering if we did go with the extraction will it effect her normal daily living? Eating playing etc?? Will she know something isn't right?

In addition she has two extra nails frowning out the side of her hands (extra fingers similar to how humans are born with a genetic problem) the doctor also advised to have those removed as when she grows older those nails will start hurting her and cause some problems down the line. Any advice on what we should do for her extra nails and jaw?

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 1:39 pm

First, let's make sure we're talking the same thing. Many dogs have something called dew claws - take a look at this picture (and you might want to read the article as well).

If it is a dew claw then there's a debate about whether to remove them or not.

All three of my dogs have front dew claws which they use and Sasha has rear dew claws which my vet and I have discussed removing but since they've never been a problem I decided to leave them alone.

If it's not a dew claw then a picture of what you're seeing would be very helpful.  Some dogs do, indeed, have "extra" toes. If they seem to be a problem, it's probably best to remove them, if not ... why go to the expense of removing something that's not a problem in the first place.

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Kohdi still has his dew claws. The breeder said she somehow missed them and said I should have them removed if I wanted, when I took him in to be neutered (since he would be put under anyways) I never did it though, they don't bother him and I kinda think it makes his legs look sturdier.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Hey guys my main concern is should I extract her lower k9 or trim them with 30% chance of success rate?

If I did extract her lower k9 would she be fine without her lower k9? Happy eats well? Play normally? Won't notice something is wrong?

Here's some picture of the puncture wounds she has in her jaw:

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8324

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8326

As her extra nails They are declaws. She has them on her front and back legs, some pictures below:

Back legs

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8319
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8320

Front legs:

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8322
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8321

Bella says hi!!
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Img_8323
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 4:17 pm

It shouldn't bother her to lose the lower k9s. She has many other teeth to do her eating work and since they are puppy teeth she won't be without them forever. The new ones will come in before long to replace them.

It's a little odd that she has rear dew claws, but not out of the realm of possibility. Some breeders will actually remove them when they are puppies but the practice is getting less and less. Just try to keep them trimmed so they are less likely to hook on anything. Rears are easier to tear than fronts or normal nails. My female will hook her fronts when she is trying to reach through the wire fence for stuff sometimes and it makes her a very unhappy camper.

Hi Bella! wave

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 4:20 pm

Sorry if I side tracked your question, I answered the half I knew about (Sasha's dew claws, which look like Bells's hind dew claws, sort or blow in the wind, but what the hey ...)

Prefacing this with a "I really don't know ..." since there is an issue with her canine teeth impacting her upper jaw, *I* would be inclined to have them removed. She's not a wild dog and you're not feeding her raw so the question of her being able to tear flesh off a bone isn't an issue. Even without those two teeth she'd be able to eat her kibble (or canned).

Now, if someone who has *real* experience with something like this would chime in, I'd appreciate it as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next