It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is my female husky too small

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carlos.carrero
Newborn
Newborn
carlos.carrero

Husky - Is my female husky too small Empty
PostSubject: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Hello All,

I was wondering if my female husky Kira is too small for her age.

She's about 10 months old and weights about 42lbs (19 kg).

Thanks!

Husky - Is my female husky too small Whatsa14[/url]
Husky - Is my female husky too small Whatsa15
Husky - Is my female husky too small Whatsa16
Husky - Is my female husky too small Whatsa17
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 5:06 pm

At 10 months old she still has growing to do, especially filling out which will be some weight gained. Breed standard calls for females to be 35-50 pounds, I would say she is average, or will end up being average to slightly above average. Gorgeous girl.
Back to top Go down
carlos.carrero
Newborn
Newborn
carlos.carrero

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
At 10 months old she still has growing to do, especially filling out which will be some weight gained. Breed standard calls for females to be 35-50 pounds, I would say she is average, or will end up being average to slightly above average. Gorgeous girl.

Thank You!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 pm

She actually looks taller than my little girl. Huskies girls are often smaller, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Especially at only 10 months.
Back to top Go down
Doray
Newborn
Newborn
Doray

Female Join date : 2017-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Beautiful puppy, she looks almost identical to my one and a half year old Zoey girl. She is ~35 pounds and sly as a fox Smile

Husky - Is my female husky too small Screen10
Back to top Go down
Addie Girl
Newborn
Newborn
Addie Girl

Male Join date : 2017-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:20 pm

My girl is 46 lbs at a year and a half with in the standard. I'd say she is par for the Husky course. Very Happy Beautiful looking Husky too
Back to top Go down
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 3:10 pm

I want my dog to stay small so i think it's a great thing if she is!
Back to top Go down
Jake Bradford
Newborn
Newborn
Jake Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 3:03 pm

My girlfriend and I just rescued a female husky from the shelter and she was definitely malnourished. She weighed about 37 pounds at 12.5 months. The vet said she will probably put on 10-15 pounds easily by the time she gets 100%. Also recommended that she be on a high protein diet (high quality food). 35 - 50 is normal for a female. Looks to be around the same size as Yeti, you have a beautiful pup. Cheers!

Husky - Is my female husky too small 20106510
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Beautiful pair of girls your have there Jake!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 12:41 am

Jake Bradford wrote:
My girlfriend and I just rescued a female husky from the shelter and she was definitely malnourished. She weighed about 37 pounds at 12.5 months. The vet said she will probably put on 10-15 pounds easily by the time she gets 100%. Also recommended that she be on a high protein diet (high quality food). 35 - 50 is normal for a female. Looks to be around the same size as Yeti, you have a beautiful pup. Cheers!

Husky - Is my female husky too small 20106510

Pretty puppy!
Back to top Go down
DYaugo
Newborn
Newborn
DYaugo

Male Join date : 2016-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 9:21 pm

First off I want to comment to the OP you have a beautiful girl Smile Smile My Siberian Husky Sasha was found by my sister at about two months. I'll include some pictures of her when she was smaller some current ones as well. I would say she about 18 months and weights 38-39 lbs. She's about 22" at her shoulders. The reason I want to response to this thread is because my sister says she should put on a few more pounds which would be nice, but again I feel every husky is not the same. It has a lot to do with their bloodline and also their parents, which will determine their size. I don't know anything about Sasha other than I got her around two months and she weighed just over 20lbs. It saddens my heart to think someone abandoned her. It's heart breaking. When I first got as a puppy we would take short walks around the block. As she got older the walks would increase in distance, but I would always give her a days rest in between each walk to allow her some down town and to rest up. Puppies need their sleep which helps them grow and develop. Of course now when I walk her its almost everyday, but I give her the weekends off. That's hard to do because she always walks to go go and go. Most of out walks average 2-4 miles each. I know I'm rambling on, but again huskies need their exercise and I think its a big misconception to most people that they should be these big huge dogs, which they aren't. They are designed for speed and endurance. Smaller stature means they use less oxygen and can out perform larger dogs.

So don't worry about her weight. She is fine. She looks beautiful. Good food for your dog is a plus, but it doesn't benefit the dog if she or he doesn't eat it. I have Sasha on Blue Buffalo Chicken and Brown Rice Adult and from time to time I'll give some boiled eggs, carrots, apples an assortment of healthy snacks, but not in abundance. She was a picky eater when I got her and she is doing much better. This is why I don't like adding stuff to her food. Maybe in a separate dish as a treat, because if you alter the food they may think their food will be like that all the time and not eat if they don't like it. I always put the eggs or anything else in a separate dish as a treat.

The most current picture taken at the time of this post is her laying on the carpet. The others are progressively over the time I that I have her.
Back to top Go down
DYaugo
Newborn
Newborn
DYaugo

Male Join date : 2016-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 9:24 pm

I can't figure out how to upload pictures here?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 9:35 pm

DYaugo wrote:
I can't figure out how to upload pictures here?

Take a look at this thread, most of us (I think) upload to ServImg and post from there.  It's pretty much a two step process:  First upload to ServImg and then select the link and insert it into the message.

If you continue to have problems give us a yell and we'll help.

ETA: it'd help if I put the link in.

Back to top Go down
hunter husky
Newborn
Newborn
hunter husky

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 am

Husky - Is my female husky too small Img_1811

Husky - Is my female husky too small Img_2311

Sorry for posting twice i couldn't figure out how to upload with out a like properly.
Back to top Go down
https://youtu.be/q0IL6ggTYcg
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 11:29 am

I fixed the duplicate message. Him's <?> a handsome one!

Back to top Go down
hunter husky
Newborn
Newborn
hunter husky

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 am

Thank you Aljones SHE is 58 pounds at 11 months and still growing. The mom was a average sized husky and the dad was a bit bigger than average I think it really depends on how big the parents were.
Back to top Go down
https://youtu.be/q0IL6ggTYcg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my female husky too small   Husky - Is my female husky too small Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my female husky too small

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1