It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 1:05 am

@dvflyer it’s a pool, Mike. And yes, they would be allowed in IF they wanted to go in, haha

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 00612

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 01217

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 00917

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 01414

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 01218

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 02014

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 02114
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 2:42 pm

pics 3 and 4 are to cute made me laugh, beautiful pics of the ocean waves.
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 11:14 am

Must resist getting stuffed husky.... must resist.... ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 2:31 am

@Ronin...thank you  Ronin!, and yeah, Kohdi is definitely my clown, lol

@Mike, hahaha, I already foresee this stuffie in Kohdi and Mishka's Christmas pics Razz

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 01517

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 01718

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 08411

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 09110

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 08810

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 05115

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 05715

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 07713

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 08111

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 08311

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 08610
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:22 pm

beautiful head shots. love that last pic of them together at the beach.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Round 1 of Christmas pics...

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 03914

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 09911

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 01415

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 05815

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 06412

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 10810

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 11310

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 05214
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 12:46 am

Soooooo, Kohdi finally had enough of the picture taking today Razz

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 13111

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 13211

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 13810

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 13910

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 14710

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 15811

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 15911

Sooooo, rather than traumatize him further, im settling for these pics
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 13610

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 13710

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 14310

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 16410
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 3:11 am

Love, love, love these pics. Especially with Kohdi singing his rebellion!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Awww, thank you so much Amy! Hope you are having a great Holiday!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 2:09 am

amazing pics. they are so cute.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 1:51 am

Christmas 2020 pics

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 02015

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 03216

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 04616

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 05116

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 05414

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 05517

And what would Christmas be without Kohdi singing Christmas carols?!  
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 04116

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 04210

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 04316

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 04812
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 8:36 am

Gorgeous! I love the one of him howling he’s like “enough photos mum”😂
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 12:33 am

Rest In Peace my Kohdiboy.

Kohdi was doing “ok” after Mishka passed away on January 26th. We were adjusting to life without her as best we could and spending a lot of time going on long walks. April started, and things just went downhill. Kohdi stopped eating, although I would be able to get down people food just so he ate something. As each week passed, he ate less and less but still somehow had energy. During all this time, he went to multiple vets, had comprehensive blood tests done, urine and fecal samples done and vets said everything was not only ok, but great for his age. He was low on his albumin level though but his lack of proper eating was thought to be the cause. He went from 59 lbs, down to 53 lbs this past Tuesday. The entire time, everyone saying if you didn’t know something was wrong, you’d never know, he was “Kohdi”, his normal fun loving happy goofy self. Came time he was showing something was off, he was very quiet, I wasn’t taking him on long walks because he wasn’t eating much, but I’d take him in the neighborhood and he wouldn’t get far before he wanted to turn around. The entire month he was drinking a ton of water too. Up til now, it was “grief” and possibly a bad molar that were thought to be the cause of it all but I knew my Kohdi and I knew it was more (although I actually prayed it was only a bad molar) finally got him into urgent care on Tuesday, and they did an ultrasound on him to make sure there was nothing they were missing. The results had me crying instantly. He had a mass in his intestine that stopped part of the intestine from moving and in turn, caused the intestine in front of it to telescope over it and the mass. Surgery was an option, extremely costly and given what we knew, prognosis was poor and his quality of life going forward would be not that good. My life was Kohdi. We were so tightly bonded we were like one. My world could not have been more crushed with this diagnosis. Doctor told me, humanely, one or two more days tops. Like Mishka, his last days were not being treated like the king and queen like I wanted, their limits, limited that. I did the best I could and made him as happy as possible and on Thursday, I put him to sleep. Was not supposed to turn out this way, he literally was the reason for coming home each day. Losing Mishka, especially with the suffering she endured, was hard enough. Losing Kohdi, I don’t even have words for how I feel. These two were my perfect pair, my heart and soul.

Rest In Peace buddy. You deserved better.

Kohdi. March 17, 2013- April 27, 2023
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 1:26 am

Rest in peace, beautiful boy. You were well loved.

Jimmy, my heart breaks for you, losing both of them so close together. Hugs.

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 11:17 am

The pair of them were a highlight here for so many years.

It brought tears to my eyes when you said that Mishka was gone and now Kohdi as well. This place will never be quite the same.

Jimmy, I'm sorry, I can't imagine the pain. Take care of yourself ...

Sleep well, both of you.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 12:29 pm

I can't imagine the agony you are in losing both so close together. And I am frustrated for you that something like that wasn't caught sooner by a vet. I'm so sorry for your loss. they were both such sweet souls, beautiful and full of spunk. They have each other now. Try not to fall into that universe-consuming blackhole I know that has opened up in your life. Neither of them would want you to. There are people and future animals that need you in their lives.

Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2023-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 1:11 pm

I am new here, But still truly sorry for your loss. There are not enough words for your loss.

We lost one of our pups last year and in our grief, led us to our new path with this beautiful pack.

My thoughts are with you.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyThu May 04, 2023 5:31 pm

@ Amy…thank you so much, Amy. I feel so fortunate to have met you through this site and Kohdi and Mishka. You’ve been a great friend throughout and have appreciated you.

@ Al…I appreciate it Al, I always loved this site and sharing my dogs pics/lives with everyone and met some great people in the process. These two were my world. I’m completely lost without them.

@Jenn…thank you, Jenn. Kohdi hid this very well. In his entire life, except for annual blood panels/vaccinations, Kohdi needed to see the vet only for an ear infection when he was a year old, and to get his dew claw nails trimmed. That’s it. This entire month, even with not eating, he never showed signs of being sick. Every vet we saw, commented on how if you didn’t know something was wrong, you’d never know. It was true. Still went on very long walks right up to about 2 weeks before he died, still could jump in the car (good jump too) still would talk my ear off, it was only the lack of appetite and eventual not eating that was any clue and could have easily been associated with grief over losing Mishka. I knew there was more to it but never in a million years could I have predicted this. His blood panels were always great, except for the last with the low albumin level. Vet said he was getting a bad molar but had a teeth cleaning scheduled for the Friday after he died. Huge problem right now is getting into seeing a vet. Takes weeks! One night I drove him around to get a emergency vet to see him and went to 4, all were “full” and seeing Kohdi’s demeanor, being alert, not lethargic, etc. they wouldn’t even try to “make room” for him. The trips around town though did give him an appetite, I got a hamburger into him, so at least I got relief from that, but one vet we saw, prescribed him Cerenia for nausea, and a appetite stimulant. I thank God that Kohdi would be a brat at times when he didn’t want to take pills because the appetite stimulant probably would have ended his life earlier and with much more pain. The mass created a blockage and if he woujd have eaten more, it would have backed him up big time. Thank you Jenn, I always was grateful for your advice when I needed it, or thru reading your advice to others.

@Yvonne…thank you. Kohdi and Mishka were that for me when I lost my previous two huskies. These were two of the best huskies I ever could have dreamed of. Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I’m so thankful I posted as much as I did in the scrapbooks. It’s like a journal of their life in some ways .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyFri May 05, 2023 12:26 am

Wow im sorry for your loss
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 11:33 pm

@lostmaniac…thank you Emily. Kohdi had bulletproof health his entire life, I took for granted he would grow old with me 😥 never thought something like this would take my boy from me. I’ve lost dogs before, they all take a piece of my heart with them but I’ve never felt so completely lost as I do right now, without my fluffy little boy.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 EmptyTue May 09, 2023 12:23 am

I had a tibetan mastiff i felt like that about when i was 16. Also a very sudden unexpected thing took him at 5. Sometimes that actually makes it worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12