It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Whole grain bread?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TigerCzarina
Teenager
Teenager
TigerCzarina

Female Join date : 2015-09-11

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 2:48 pm

Hello all! Quick question-have any of your dogs eaten while grain breads and have had a poor reaction? Our pups are kept on a grain free diet as much as possible, but about 10 minutes ago Mia stole my pb&j sandwich I was about to eat for lunch. Had it on the table and turned my back just long enough to put a binki in my little’s mouth and THERE GOES MOMMYS LUNCH.

She’s never done it before and she’s already gotten her daily ration of peanut butter (a leftover coping mechanism from when I basically lived on it during my stint with gestational diabetes-protein and “no carbs”). Hoping she doesn’t have a bad reaction....
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 3:22 pm

I have to comment - with my crew (who aren't on grain free diet) if they get a bit extra of the bread all I end up with are some rather (mal)odorous results.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Unless your dog has a grain allergy you probably won't see an issue with one sandwich. Aside from just the usual not used to having all that stuff running through her system. For most dogs grains cause problems over time resulting in over production of yeast leading to itchy skin and infections, or upset stomach. Many northern breeds just don't process it properly. Might see a little upset stomach or poop issues but should resolve itself with time if you see anything at all.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 10:40 pm

I'd be more worried about the jelly - not grape, I hope?
Back to top Go down
TigerCzarina
Teenager
Teenager
TigerCzarina

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 12:40 am

So far so good. Not grape jelly- strawberry. We tend to keep raisins and grapes out of the house if we can bc Luka went through the vacuuming the floor phase as a pup! She wasn’t as hungry for dinner as usual but maaan was she satisfied all afternoon long. She thinks it was worth it. The husband thought it was hilarious. I keep waiting for the death farts though-she used to get them in grain free food but so far we’ve been spared.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 1:04 am

I LOL'd too, sorry! It brought back memories though, I had a malamute that was the slickest of thieves, lol, to the point it had me doubting myself as to if the food was even there in the first place! Like going out to start the bbq, and having a whole steak missing off the counter...one of my favorites though was when my little sister, she was probly only 4, was at the table eating a cookie, she turns to talk to my mom, my malamute takes the cookie out of her hand without her even noticing! My sister turns back to take another bite and her hand is empty, hahaha, I saw the whole thing go down and laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

Anyways, I'm glad she's ok and although this was the first time, now she has the experience so it may not be the last time. It sure wasn't for my Malamute Wink
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 1:46 am

Jimmy, your stories reminds me of archer a few months ago. I was at the table just about to finish my breakfast. One perfectly cooked piece of bacon left. Josh dropped by with Archer who climbed into my lap all lovey dovey. Nah...turned his head too my plate, snarfs my last piece of bacon, runs of and swallows the bacon before I can even holler. Slick as a whistle.

Brat dog.
Back to top Go down
TigerCzarina
Teenager
Teenager
TigerCzarina

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 3:16 am

LOL this is why we got huskies right?

The only other time (that we know of?) that Mia ever tried to steal food was when Luka was a few months old. We defrost our meat on the counter every so often (I know it’s bad practice for food poisoning but it happens). We were defrosting some chicken one day, and we bought the pre-cut chicken breasts that are individually packaged. Hubs and I were upstairs and suddenly noticed that the dogs were gone and it was quiet... So we run downstairs and see baby Luka happily licking the plastic wrapped chicken in the living room, with Mia “oblivious” and in the office.

Luka couldn’t jump up to the couch at the time, let alone reach the counter.

Mia had decided SHE wanted chicken, grabbed a pack off the counter, realized she couldn’t eat the plastic, and let Luka have it because clearly she’s an angel who ~would never steal chicken~.

The sandwich incident was funny though. I was just left hungry and worried because, well, that’s what I do. She knows I’m not /really/ mad at her, beyond the “we don’t do that you know better” issue. We’ll see what happens when I make a sandwich tomorrow. I can see Luka now “But mama it’s MY turn for my own sandwich!”
Back to top Go down
R_shepsky
Puppy
Puppy
R_shepsky

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Rumo has had bites of bread with peanut butter on them, and it seemed to go down OK (although he was never lucky enough to get a whole sandwich :-)

I read somewhere the dogs are different from wolves...they've been living with people for so long, that they have evolved to be able to digest carbohydrates.

Back to top Go down
TigerCzarina
Teenager
Teenager
TigerCzarina

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Well she never ended up having side effects...other than now being OBSESSED with pb&j!

The stages of sand which hunting as follows.

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19327192/107Whole grain bread? 79056a10[/url]
Mama I’m so good look at how cute I am with the baby!

Whole grain bread? 6588dc10
She’ll never notice me inching closer and closer.

Whole grain bread? F35e8710
Betrayal. The sandwich is gone. Hope is lost.

Sorry. Had to share!
Back to top Go down
R_shepsky
Puppy
Puppy
R_shepsky

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 2:57 pm

So funny! Very Happy
Now she's discovered the taste!

I always have a furry "audience" whenever I eat icecream...
my self-appointed bowl cleaner (he really takes his duties seriously....he makes that bowl SHINE...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whole grain bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whole grain bread?   Whole grain bread? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whole grain bread?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1