It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Max and Mika's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Cool pictures! Nothing compares to a Husky in the snow.

Pic of Mika sitting in the snow reminds me to the last time I took Kohdi to the beach and he sat in the water...don't they feel that!? Dang, I know they're fluffy and everything but they gotta feel that!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 pm

cool pics, so much fun in the snow.
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Mika sleeping... turn the sound up. Smile

Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 12:21 am

Took Mika for what was supposed to be my first overnight trip of the year.  Didn't make it, but still fun.  We were on San Bernardino Peak Trail hoping to get to Limber Pine Bench and camp.  Made it about a mile before Limber Pine and turned back.  The last mile or so, I was breaking the trail.  It was kind of cool to be the first one on the trail, but the path my watch was taking me on was not making much sense.  Maybe when I know the trail better, I'll try again.

Road to the trail head was pretty rough.  My poor Civic wasn't having a good time.  

Oh, and crampons next time.  Bring crampons.  I kick-stepped about a million times.  Slid about 20 times. Not so much fun.  Used a lot of energy.  

Pics:

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 46675737824_cccd98750f_zUntitled by Mike H, on Flickr

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 46675721824_fbe7d4d09c_zUntitled by Mike H, on Flickr

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 46675736014_6d8bfe0fda_zUntitled by Mike H, on Flickr

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 40433456753_78bf4188fb_zUntitled by Mike H, on Flickr

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 46484006125_63f1e2f398_zUntitled by Mike H, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Wow that is beautiful!

Maybe time to trade the Civic in on a little SUV Wink I got Kohdi and Mishka a Ford Escape, it's been a great vehicle for them. I LOVE my Jetta though so I held onto it for myself, haha.

Great pics of Mika! Such a pretty little girl. In the snow she just pops!
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Thanks.  Besides the trouble I had with slipping, it really was amazing up there.

My daughter will be 16 this year (!)  She's all set to get her permit any time we can make it down to the DMV.  She will get the Civic as her first car so I'll be shopping at some point.  I work from home so I really don't need a car, but once she starts to drive, we'll be down to just our Sienna.  It's a bit too big to take to trailheads and down dirt roads.  Plus, my wife would need to use it so I'll go shopping.

Right now, I'm looking at a Crosstrek or Forester.  Crosstreks look better (to me) but the Forester has more room and more power.  Most of the places I go I wouldn't *need* a small SUV, but that is what I want since there will be enough places that do have rough roads etc.  Don't necessarily need AWD, but ground clearance for sure.  An Escape would be a good choice too.  If my Evoque didn't have those goofy problems, we'd still have it and I'd be set.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 9:49 pm

Both are very nice cars that will more than do the job.

I hope you enter HOTM with one of Mika or Max's snow pics!
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 11:22 pm

I don't really have any pics of them in the snow the match the HOTM theme. i.e. no "antics". Just sitting there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 2:01 am

A great pic of antics... (<sigh> just wish we could see his face more) Smile

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 Image163
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 10:40 am

HA! I totally forgot about that picture. I'll give you credit if Max wins. Smile
Back to top Go down
Doray
Newborn
Newborn
Doray

Female Join date : 2017-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 4:22 pm

The trails are so pretty!

What happened to Mika's tongue here? Is it a picture glitch? I didn't remember it being like that.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7923/46675737824_cccd98750f_z.jpg
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 4:30 pm

^ HA!  My daughter and I wondered the same thing when we both looked at that picture.  I have no idea what's going on with her tongue.  I thought perhaps a double exposure type deal, but it would be blurry.

Only thing we could come up with is maybe there is bit of snow on the tip of her tongue and it's an optical illusion.  But I don't even think her tongue is that wide. Very Happy

Looking at the other pic above, I see that her tongue is that wide. hmmmm. scratch

Last edited by dvflyer on Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 4:37 pm

I'm gonna guess she was scooping up snow as she walked. Ami does that all the time in the snow. Prefers snow to water.
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 4:53 pm

A little bragging....

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 40470801963_5930a89d9d_zUntitled by Mike H, on Flickr

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 46521401285_87ae75799a_zUntitled by Mike H, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 pm

Congrats Mika and Max!
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 6:53 pm

Hot day of hiking... Short fun hike at San Dieguito County park

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 33633181188_99bbc30a3a_z

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 46594376545_0107a2a31e_z

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 46786050004_6fd3c69083_z

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 33633174638_e9c2391560_z
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Lovely day! Lovely pictures! Happy dogs! I'm not sure I could get Ami to cross that bridge. I've taken him on the dock at our marina but once we reach the cat walk to our boat, he pancakes and scootchs around, crawls back to "safety" lol!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Very cute pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 11:02 am

We "camped" with the dogs in the side yard...  Just felt like sleeping outside for some reason, so my daughter and I and all three dogs jumped in the "practice" tent I bought to get them used to sleeping in one.  Was actually not bad.  Even rained on us.  Glad I put the fly on. Smile

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 47549904071_eb6c4a424f_z[/url]

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 33673592098_cc0cf561d8_z[/url]

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 47550174391_a14ce53869_z[/url]
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 10:17 pm

cute pics of them sleeping in the tent, love that last one.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 11:27 pm

That is so cute. I've thought about doing that, I keep talking myself out of it though because I'd not get any sleep, too many wild critters in the canyon that would keep getting Kohdi and Mishka's interests, haha. I think camping out back with a bit of rain would be really cool though.
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 pm

Finally made it to camping in the snow.  Took Max on an overnight trip to a place called Dry Lake.  In the  spring, it has water, but by summer (usually) it's completely dry.  Quite the adventure.  Had to lift Max up over quite a few downed trees that always seem to fall right across the trail.  Oddly enough, on the way back, he was jumping/ scaling them easily.  Crazy dog.

Also, on the way back, he instinctively followed the same path around fallen trees that we took on the way up.  He also veered off the trail to follow a "bypass" that we had to take on the way up.  This was a brand new trail to get around a washout.  

As I was just about to pull him back on the trail we were on, I noticed the orange streamer/ tape on the tree.  I would have completely missed it.  I'm still amazed he was able to follow our scent (I assume) from the day before.  Crazy.

Here's some pics.  He did really well sleeping in the tent.

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 33785488608_a1de821048_zIMG_4431 by Mike H, on Flickr

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 47610047912_8f8556ae8d_zDSC00440 by Mike H, on Flickr

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 46938752004_cb17a9f82d_zIMG_4412 by Mike H, on Flickr

Dry Lake:

Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 46938919984_2995710a90_zDSC00449 by Mike H, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 11:04 pm

I love the pic of Max sleeping in the tent. Looks like s wonderful time.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 1:25 am

Yeah, I agree, the sleeping in the tent pic is awesome, also LOVE the second pic. Looks so beautiful there!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 3:01 pm

beautiful adventurer pics, very cute pic sleeping in the tent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max and Mika's scrapbook   Max and Mika's scrapbook - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Max and Mika's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next