It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Fur Flying

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

Fur Flying Empty
PostSubject: Fur Flying   Fur Flying EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 7:44 pm

When I told my son how much fur I was getting off Bodhi lately, I described it as a "whole dog" some days, "half a dog" on others.
He sent me back this picture he found on the internet:
Fur Flying Img_3810
Back to top Go down
cookiedav
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2017-09-02

Fur Flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fur Flying   Fur Flying EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 8:32 pm

OMG. This is so true. Our beautiful girl has been shedding since May1st. Tons and tons of white hair blowing all over the house.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Fur Flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fur Flying   Fur Flying EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 12:50 am

Hahaha, I love these kind of pics. If Kohdi and Mishka would really BLOW their coats, I wonder if I could make a little sled team of Huskies Smile
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

Fur Flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fur Flying   Fur Flying EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 1:39 am

Fur Flying 95a79b10
Back to top Go down
bluemoods
Puppy
Puppy
bluemoods

Female Join date : 2018-06-14

Fur Flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fur Flying   Fur Flying EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 10:09 am

Fur Flying Il_fullxfull.1516120547_gbbr

Make Chiengora and, wear or sell all that fur.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Fur Flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fur Flying   Fur Flying EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 7:59 pm

haha that pic of a husky made of fluff is so true. wow, yarn made of fluff is exactly what my brother says to do with Leo's fluff.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Fur Flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fur Flying   Fur Flying EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 10:14 am

Oy.  Z'ev had just about finished is coat blow for the season.  His was kind of sneaky...he didn't tuft up a whole lot of turn patchy.  Just sort of more poofy.  But the hair everywhere.  Huge tumbleweeds.  And the undercoat rake was a bit too deep for his coat.  Found the slicker brush b worked best for him.  And usually blows late July/August.  His is a pain...if I don't brush it out the fur just gets trapped and mats.  And Ami doesn't like brushing.  My vet calls him "a spirited one."   When I'm not calling him a pain in the ass, I there to him as a "bucking bronco."   Something an aged back does NOT need Fur Flying 1625187496
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

Fur Flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fur Flying   Fur Flying EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 10:46 am

Love the fur "dog".

We haven't had to experience the blowing coat "fun" yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fur Flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fur Flying   Fur Flying Empty