It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

HH&MM of April

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:58 pm

we held a husky meet up on sat for hug a husky day! we had a GREAT turn out. C&K post pics if you took any Smile
not much to say so on to huskies having fun!
HH&MM of April  IMG_20110423_151734
HH&MM of April  IMG_20110423_145616
HH&MM of April  IMG_20110423_145603
sierra and storm i think....
HH&MM of April  IMG_20110423_142856
sierra
HH&MM of April  IMG_20110423_142820
jack ginger and Nikolai
HH&MM of April  IMG_20110423_135714
jack
HH&MM of April  IMG_20110423_135653
jack

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm

I didn't bring my camera this time Sad
But that's Storm's butt in the second pic! I know that butt and tail!
And that is Storm and Sierra in the 3rd pic! Storm's tail is a little short and Sierra is fluffier than Ginger Razz

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Wait a minute! That's all?! We need more pics!

Looks like a lot of fun and it's nice to see Storm at the meet up! Was Sully there too?

Husky Stalker
jbealer

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:52 pm

sorry, no more pics, we had some people not reading the small dog sign and i had to leash sierra a few times Sad Sierra also stuck by me A LOT and she never used to do that but the last 2 meet ups after the issue at the park she has and she is just not the same anymore at dog parks, its really sad...

cmanding

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:57 pm

No, Sully wasn't there. He had his surgery the week before March's meet up and Dr. Miller thought it was too soon for him to rough-play as he would want to. As it is, he plays enough with Charlie at home, and sometimes will tweak it and then Dr. Miller will have to stop play. Sully is using his leg a lot more now, though, and is doing really well! We'll probably see Sully at May's meet-up, along with his pack makes, Charlie and Toffee.

I didn't bring my camera with me this time Sad I'm hoping Kate might have brought hers and has pictures to share...

Hubby took Storm for a run along the fence in the dog park at the meet-up and there was another husky following behind which looked just like Storm! Jenn shouted, 'Look! Storm has a twin too!' Smile He had so much fun! Hubby also took Storm for a short run on the Walky-Dog yesterday and did really well! We went for about a 15-20 minute jog around the neighborhood and he seemed to really enjoy it! (Ginger and I were on the kick-scooter)...and then of course was dead to the world when he got home. LOL! But he seems to be more active and energetic these past couple of days!

cmanding

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:59 pm

jbealer wrote:
sorry, no more pics, we had some people not reading the small dog sign and i had to leash sierra a few times Sad Sierra also stuck by me A LOT and she never used to do that but the last 2 meet ups after the issue at the park she has and she is just not the same anymore at dog parks, its really sad...

Aw no, Jenn! I'm so sorry to hear that! Is she still like that at the dog park near your house too? (I think you take them there quite a bit?)

Husky Stalker
jbealer

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm

we have not had may chances to go to our park, the 2 times we went she was done in like 20 min then hung around me.. but she has done GREAT on all our hikes so i think she remembers what happen and is scared now, i don't know.

cmanding

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Sad
I hope she'll eventually come out of it...
Has she been acting the same at home too? I remember once you mentioned that you thought she might be having seizures because there were a couple of times she was 'clingy' toward you...?

Husky Stalker
jbealer

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:18 pm

here home behavior is back to normal, and her bed bitchiness is just as bad as ever Wink ! god forbid ken tries to get into bed after she is on the bed in "her" spot. so i think its just time and trying to take them more to the park so she can feel safe again.

cmanding

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Glad to hear she's back to normal at home!
And I think you're right that she'll be back to normal at the dog park with time.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:26 pm

jbealer wrote:
here home behavior is back to normal, and her bed bitchiness is just as bad as ever Wink ! god forbid ken tries to get into bed after she is on the bed in "her" spot. so i think its just time and trying to take them more to the park so she can feel safe again.

Omg Jen, this made me laugh so much. I thought we were the only ones with this problem!!! When Mya lays in "her" spot which mind you is right on my hubby's side and he tries to lay in bed she is NOT HAPPY! She growls at him and everything. I have to be the one to move her b/c she will snap at him.. Not cool at all...I know.. .but that's just the way it is..lol!!

Oh, and the pics are awesome. Looks like you had a great time!!! Claudia, Storm is so cute! He fit right in!!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:33 pm

Melissa,
i wish we could get Mya and Sierra together, sounds like they are both bitches Wink Razz
but we love them! let your hubby know he is not alone and him know ken goes through the same thing all the time!

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:43 pm

I didn't realize how much Nikolai was actually out and about being social until I saw these pics! He's in all but the second and third ones. I know my boy's super tight arch anywhere... ;-)

Sorry Claudia, I didn't bring my camera either.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 pm

jbealer wrote:
Melissa,
i wish we could get Mya and Sierra together, sounds like they are both bitches Wink Razz
but we love them! let your hubby know he is not alone and him know ken goes through the same thing all the time!

lol! Yep, total bitch aka, princess, diva, attitude queen over here! You're totally right...bitchyness and all we love her! My hubby gets a little frustrated with her especially now that he sees how sweet Kody is..lol. I feel for your hubby too! Haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HH&MM of April  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HH&MM of April    HH&MM of April  Empty

Back to top Go down

HH&MM of April

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1