It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! Empty
PostSubject: Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April!   Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Pet Fest on April 9 & 10th at Palmetto Islands County Park in Mount Pleasant, SC.

Event hours are from 11 am to 5 pm both days and admission is $5, children under 12 and leashed pets are free.

Additional info can be found here: Pet Fest

Pet Fest 2011 Highlights

* K9s in Flight Frisbee Dogs and Dock Diving
* Dock Diving for visiting canines
* Lowcountry Dog's Cover Model Contest – Enter for your dog for a chance to be on the cover of Lowcountry Dog Magazine
* NEW for 2011 - Live music by Uncle Funkle (Sunday only)
* Dolittle’s Interactive Tent – Tons of fun doggie games and a chance to win a year supply of food
* “Meet the Breed Dog Show” – Enter your own purebred or impressive mutt (Saturday only)
* Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner Pet Look-Alike, A Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, plus Dog costume contest
* Chow Down Like Your Hound – Dog food eating contest (kids and adults)
* STAR (Search Tactics And Rescue) Demonstrations
* Veterinarians, Trainers, Groomers, and Pet Suppliers
* Dog Washing Station
* Rescue Groups and Adoption Centers will have adoptable animals on-site
* Children’s Activities
* Food and beverages for sale including special treats for the pooches, and chances to win prizes
* Meet Charleston County Parks official top dog mascot, Zoey, as she passes on the honor to the new 2011 dog mascot (to be revealed on stage Saturday)!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April!   Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:11 pm

The hubby and I took Dakota and Faith to the Pet Fest yesterday and we all had a wonderful time! We got lucky and it was cloudy all morning and early afternoon which helped keep temps in the mid 70's so it wasn't too hot for Dakota (my biggest worry). I brought my camera but since my hands were so full of free stuff from all the booths I wasn't able to take many pics. We saw 3 other huskies at the Pet Fest and 1 husky mix. Unfortunately I wasn't able to meet all the huskies and husky owners since the hubby and I split up while we were there and he had Dakota while I had Faith. I can't physically handle Dakota when he gets as crazy as he does around so many other dogs. Sad

There were a lot of chihuahuas and it was very sad to see that all of the chihuahuas at the Pet Fest with the exception of ONE other chihuahua were noticeably larger than Faith who is already 1/4 lb over breed standard. Suspect Just goes to show the lack of well bred chis out there. *sigh*

Anyway, here are the few pics that I did manage to snap...

Dakota and Faith watching the K-9 Unit demonstrations:
Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! IMG_0522

Demos:
Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! IMG_0523

Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! IMG_0531

Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! IMG_0529

Faith meeting another chihuahua:
Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! IMG_0534

They were having a cover model contest and taking photos for the contest. Faith and Dakota were both entered and if they make it to the top 25 then of the top 25 contestants, the contestant with the most votes wins and will be featured on the cover of the Lowcountry Dog magazine!

Here are my two getting their pics taken for the contest:
Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! IMG_0541

Dakota was such a ham, they loved him! (I hope that helps him hopefully make the top 25!)
Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! IMG_0543

Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! IMG_0544

Fingers crossed one of them makes the top 25. Razz

Btw, we didn't bring Glory because she has her fear issues and the Pet Fest would have been too much for her to handle. But I brought home lots of freebie treats and food samples for her!

Edited to add: Forgot this pic of Dakota munching at home on one of his freebies (C.E.T. enzyme rawhide chew). Very Happy
Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! IMG_0575

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April!   Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:22 pm

That looks like it was alot of fun! I wish we had stuff like this near us. Is the voting on a website so we can vote for your dogs?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April!   Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:18 pm

If they make the top 25 then there will be voting on the website and on Facebook so each person could vote twice. They haven't picked the top 25 yet but if either of them make it I'll definitely let you guys know!

Edited to add: 628 dogs in total entered in the Cover model contest, should have the top 25 picks up by the weekend! I'm not getting my hopes up. lol

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April!   Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:11 pm

god i just love the dark edging on dakotas ears it is so striking! i hope one of them make it in!!!

when you were talking about faith and the breed standard do you mean over all height and length and weight or just the weight on them? the one you show in the pic just looks taller/longer not so much fat... i can only imagine how hard it is to keep small dogs from getting fat.

we have 2 pet expos coming up that the rescue might be part of so i will have that going on soon...

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April!   Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:44 pm

jbealer wrote:
when you were talking about faith and the breed standard do you mean over all height and length and weight or just the weight on them? the one you show in the pic just looks taller/longer not so much fat...

I was just referring to weight. The Chihuahua breed standard does not have height or length restrictions except that length must be more than height. 6 lbs is the weight limit for Chihuahuas and Faith is a little over 6 lbs. The chi in the pic is the exact same height and build as my mom's Chihuahua who weighs in at 7 lbs.

PostSubject: Re: Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April!   Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April! Empty

Back to top Go down

Charleston, SC Pet Fest in April!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1