It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:53 pm

So from Mon morning to this morning i put on 3.5lbs!!!! oh i was doing well till dinner on mon night and then breakfast in bed and a big dinner last nigh. im not gonna freak out cause i enjoyed our anniversary and i know in a few days i will be back down since im back on plain but oh it hurt this morning!

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:59 pm

It's temporary!
I know it'll be gone in a couple of days!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Yep, it will be gone in a few days! I gained 3lbs in 2 days from eating crap over the weekend after 2 days back on my regular diet I was back to normal. It's incredible how just 2 days of straying off a bit puts a few lbs back on Suspect
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 5:03 pm

It'll be off before you know it and nothing wrong with a little enjoyment in life every now and then! Smile

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:31 am

Down to .1lbs of where I was mon morning. True weigh in tonight.
and i will share a pic of my dinner last night. i just about got the hang of grilling Salmon, this one had the skin off all ready and i think that is what helped..
here is about a 5oz piece of salmon, i put the broccoli and 1 tomato in foil on the top rack of the grill with some seasoning, and half a sweet potato with smart balance light butter 1/2 tablespoon. i also had a 1cup mixed green salad with ACV dressing before.
weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 IMG_20110512_204823
so that makes it
1 serving protein
3 servings veggies
1 starch
1/2 serving of "fat"

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:30 pm

152.5lbs

1.5lbs away from a 30lb loss

Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:35 pm

awesome jen!!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Great job! Almost there!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Great job! Almost there!
Thanks! but I still have 20lbs to go after that.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:16 am

Weigh in 149.75!!!

31.25lbs gone Smile

I'm craving things more then ever, I want icecream, qdoba, and pizza...
I have been getting by cause if ken gets it just a bit is all I want.
I made turkey burgers so I have dinner for the next 4 nights so that makes me happy.
Having food preped makes it easy to stay on track and not grab unhealthy things.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:18 am

Awesome Jenn!!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

Kudos for keeping on track Jenn!

I'm curious, do you have a "schedule" or something where you allow yourself little indulgences every so often? That way you have a little reward every now and then without going overboard?

I just can't imagine giving up all the "good stuff" and only nibbling on them irregularly.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Val,
i do "treat" my self like once a month it seems, april was kens b-day weekend of yummys and May was our anniversary 2 days of yummys and june is my b-day weekend of yummys, but then i jump right back on track! and i don't go all crazy with the food it really ends up being like one really good meal. and i might have some chocolate.
i don't think i could stick on this plan with out breaking some time every few weeks, im not doing it every week.
i have 19.75lbs to go and i think i will be stricter then ever to get to it faster. i have a night out with the girls on the 29 and my b-day on the 4 and then its to the grind stone to get it off by mid july.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:49 pm

146.5lbs tonight!

130lbs is getting close Smile

I have started lifting heaver weight with less reps at the gym. After I learned I have lost lean mass do to my elbow/wrist mess up and this diet I have ditched my less weight more reps and I'm back to building. This past week is my start so we will see if it changes my weightloss or not. And hiking will help as well

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:23 pm

That's AWESOME!, Skinny Mini!!

BTW, I don't think any of my dress pants will fit you....

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Last night weigh in
143.75!!!
37.25lbs gone and 13.75lbs to go Smile

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Awesome Jenn!
I really do admire your focus and determination!
I really need to get my butt in gear and just do it!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Yay Jenn! Girl, those 13lbs will be off in no time! You really are dedicated. I wish I was! I great during the week, but then end up gaining everything back on the weekend =(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Awesome job Jenn! You'll be about my weight when you reach your goal and I know you're 5'3" too, but I feel like you are smaller than me!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm

heather you are so smaller then me, i have those 13.75lbs sticking to my legs and it not moving, but it will, 1hr of LEG lifting at the gym this morning, i might not walk tomorrow but its ok im not hiking this weekend....

i don't think i have ever been so dedicated to a diet before but i think its cause i have never been this mad at myself before. i don't ever what to have to do this again!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:45 pm

jbealer wrote:
i don't think i have ever been so dedicated to a diet before but i think its cause i have never been this mad at myself before. i don't ever what to have to do this again!

I know exactly what you mean...I was there in 2009 and that's when I decided to hit P90X which was my savior.

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:24 pm

cmanding wrote:

I know exactly what you mean...I was there in 2009 and that's when I decided to hit P90X which was my savior.

[/quote]

I've often seen the P90X listed on EBay &/or Amazon but they never seem to include the booklet that I saw in the P90X ads. So I'll assume someone makes copies of the disc(s) sells them then at a discount. My question is, is the booklet an important part of the program or do the disc supply all the info I'll need??????
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Len, I did P90X bootleg version (shhh) and I don't think you need the booklet. That P90X stuff works let me tell you!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:16 pm

The booklet tells you how to eat to maximize your results. So it tells how to calculate your protein and carbs and gives you good options, and it tells you how much of the different foods you should eat during each phase. It also give you some recipe ideas and calculates how much protien it has in it.

I did the nutrition with the workout and even though I only lost 15 lbs in 90 days, I lost a total of 28 inches over all and dropped 2 dress sizes in 90 days.

Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:54 am

Alright. I just saw this thread. Here's my input (and excuse me if I repeat some of what's already been posted because I just skimmed through stuff... it's late and I can count the minutes of my free time on my hands and toes).

A little background:
In October of 2009 I weighed 250lbs with a 42 waist. I'm also 6'4" so it didn't look too bad on me, aside from the multiple chins and growing floppy man boobs.
Within 14 weeks I dropped down to 211. I think that's about as low as my body can go.
Within 6 months I was still at 211lbs and my waist was a 34 (my highschool waist size). Also, the last time my waist size was a 34 I weighed 185lbs. So being able to carry an addition 30lbs of mass and keep that waist size was quite a feat for me.
Now I am 229lbs and still a 34 waist. My body fat is around 11%.

A few quick tips that may go above and beyond that really helped me get into the 34 waist and stay there:
-Monitor your heart rate when you're doing any sort of cardiovascular activity. A HR in the 120's (beats per minute) is the optimum "fat burning" HR. At this rate the calories that your body is burning is 40% fat. Now granted, your not going to burn as many calories as you would in a "cardio" heart rate, but a greater percentage is going to be fat. Your cardio heart rate is around 160 bpm's and of the calories that you'll be burning (considerably more than you would at 120bpm's) 10% of those are fat calories. So I would do about 45 minutes of cardio heart rate (after 45 minutes your really not helping your cardiovascular health) followed by 15-20 minutes in your fat burning heart rate. Monitoring your HR is a simple and easy cheat to burning the calories that you're looking to burn.
-Sticking with burning specific fat calories, always do your cardio AFTER lifting. The reason is that if you start with your cardio you will burn off any sugars in your body in about 3 minutes, after that (for the next 15-30 minutes) you will burn off any carbs, and finally after that you'll start burning your fat. The problem is that by that time you've probably started your lifting and when you take rests between each set your heart rate is kind of doing a loop, from high to low to high to low, so when your body is in fat burning mode you're just kind of making small progressive circles. But if you start with your lifting, burn off your sugars and carbs, by the time that you are done and ready to do some cardio your heart rate will be at a consistent level (because of the cardio that you're doing) so you can have a linear burning of your fats. It's a little easier to explain if I were to draw a diagram, but alas, I am not that skilled on the computer.
-Protein before bed. I drink a shake before bed. Find one that's high in protein with not a lot of calories. Your muscles will absorb the protein, your body doesn't burn protein so you will be forcing your body to NOT breakdown your muscles while you sleep. You're essentially forcing your body to burn fat.
-Protein immediately upon waking up. Same reason as before, it stops the burning of your muscle calories.
-Protein immediately after working out. You have a 15-20 minute window to drink about 25-35 grams of protein (depending on your size). During that time your muscles are literally starved and that is your prime time to feed them and get the most out of it.
-Resistance Training will put you over the hump. There is no easier way to burn fat than by putting on muscle mass. It's an investment in your future. The more muscle mass you have the more your body burns fat.
-Lots of small meals throughout the day. Eat before you feel hungry. Once you feel hungry your body goes into a safe mode and starts storing fats because it doesn't know when it's going to get fed again. It stores the fats as a safety precaution. If it realizes that it's getting nourishment consistently without requesting it, it's going to get rid of its storage of fats.

Well, hope that helped. Off to sleep for me.

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next