It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:18 pm

I thought so too! Normally I gag at the pictures I take but those weren't bad lmao

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:12 pm

And you looked even better in person. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:05 am

arooroomom wrote:
I thought so too! Normally I gag at the pictures I take but those weren't bad lmao

Oh please girl, you're totally exaggerating! You're very pretty whether you lost a few or not! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Weigh in this morning!

170.4lbs!!! 10.4 lbs lost FOREVER! So happy this morning!

170 was my first mini goal and now my next one is 160 (For Harry potter, YAY!) and then 145 (when the BMI scale says i'm "healthy" and then finally my goal goal of 135.

Eating better gets so much EASIER the longer you do it. I no longer crave crap foods and I rarely need a sugary snack. For example... I bought chocolate covered bananas from Publix like... 3 weeks ago? Came in a pack of 5. There is still like 2 or 3 left! That's INSANE for me!

Thanks guys, without you I don't think I could have made this push!

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Wow! 4.4 lbs in 2 weeks, that's awesome!

Oh I recently discovered that too. It's only been a few weeks that I've been eating healthier and I already find myself not craving all my sweets and salty snacks. You're totally right, it does keep getting easier. Smile

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:16 pm

GOOOO Kristina!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Great JOB Kristina!!!!

i have been stuck but i also had a girls weekend followed by my birthday weekend so i am back on track now and hope my last 15lbs melt off!

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Good for you, Kristina!!

I, on the other hand, am up 1.5 lbs....Sad

Oh well....my mini goal is to drop 5 before end of July - shouldn't be too hard...but this darn heat makes me (and Storm) very un-motivated!

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

I'll take those choco-bannananananas off your hands.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:30 am

Weigh in this AM: 165.2lbs!

This past month has been insane... Hit a stalling point which has been hard to get by... Stupid parties and family reunions... Trips away from home... But I did NOT gain not even ONE pound! SO happy with myself because normally that's when I lose focus and say screw it. But eating out everyday in New York and all of these birthdays and BBQs have not put one lb on me!

Granted I wasn't losing... but hey, that's OK! lol So last week I got back on track and am now down 15lbs Smile

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:03 pm

sweet! I have been finding I can "cheat" some with out a gain and when I get back on track I can lose faster. Keep up the good work!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:50 pm

That's awesome! 15lbs is definitely a big accomplishment! I would be totally proud of myself also! Very Happy

I gained 2lbs over the weekend...WTF! It's like I can't eat bad for 2 days without gaining 2-4lbs easily! I gotta admit that I was pretty bad though. Pizza, beer ( a few I might add), and TACO BELL! Yep, I admit it...taco bell Rolling Eyes I felt so horrible when I jumped on the scale at the gym today!
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:42 am

Congrats to everyone on The Weight Loss Kristina THAts AWESOME !!!! ~ANd CONGRATs to YOU FOr Changing Ur Lifestyle Smile
i sTARTED Back @ The gym bout 5 Months ago when i gained a few Lbs back .. i was 168 I Was discusted with Myself Cuz i made it to 143 & Gained it back over winter ... im Right Now Sittin @ 143 Again!!! LOL ANd I Love My Size Right now ! Yes i Cant waut to loose a LIl More But Def COntent =)
Weight Loss is soooo Hard I Used to Be 268 Lbs 4 Yrs ago ! IIts AMazing What u Can do when U Put Ur Mind to it .... On That Note Im Off to Play @ the Ymca !!~ =)
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:49 am

MelissaI wrote:
I gained 2lbs over the weekend...WTF! It's like I can't eat bad for 2 days without gaining 2-4lbs easily! I gotta admit that I was pretty bad though. Pizza, beer ( a few I might add), and TACO BELL! Yep, I admit it...taco bell Rolling Eyes I felt so horrible when I jumped on the scale at the gym today!
You and I totally have the same body type. That EXACTLY what happens to me. One or two days of 'bad' behavior and I'm back up another 2-4 lbs. It's so frustrating!!

weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:06 am

Koda wrote:
MelissaI wrote:
You and I totally have the same body type. That EXACTLY what happens to me. One or two days of 'bad' behavior and I'm back up another 2-4 lbs. It's so frustrating!!

IT'S TOTALLY FRUSTRATING!!!!! I don't get out how I bust my butt at the gym and eat pretty healthy during the week and when I cheat just a little over the weekend it's like BOOM 4lbs back! Horrible Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:47 pm

well if it makes you feel better i can hike for 13+ miles, for 10 hrs and eat a good meal and be up 4lbs the next 2 days!!!! i can't seem to break the 140's since hiking has started, that 130 i think will take longer then i thought to get to....

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 pm

jbealer wrote:
well if it makes you feel better i can hike for 13+ miles, for 10 hrs and eat a good meal and be up 4lbs the next 2 days!!!! i can't seem to break the 140's since hiking has started, that 130 i think will take longer then i thought to get to....

I'd be surprised tho if your body fat numbers were not lower. Get yourself a body fat monitor:

http://www.omrononlinestore.com/JHI/productID.6502/US/details.html (Amazon has them for less then $30)

I use to go weeks at a time without weight loss but could tell I was getting results due to change of body shape. Personal Trainer told me to get one so I wouldn't get discouraged thinking I wasn't getting results. Finally realized I was just better off watching my body fat percentage then worrying about the weight number.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:31 am

Thanks for the link len. I do the skinfold test at the gym with a trainer I can track down! Last pinch said I was at 19.5. I try to check it every month. But if they ar that cheap I might pick one up when I have some cash around.

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:38 am

jbealer wrote:
Thanks for the link len. I do the skinfold test at the gym with a trainer I can track down! Last pinch said I was at 19.5. I try to check it every month. But if they ar that cheap I might pick one up when I have some cash around.

I have both, Jenn - and they differ each time. If you're looking to get one for yourself, I'll sell you mine since I hardly use it anymore (either the Omoron digital or the skin pinch).

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:53 am

With the Omron do the monitoring before you start your work out not after as it will affect your reading.

19.5 if I recall is not bad considering the fact that females have frontal assault appendages that are nothing more then fat cells. (But cells that men love Laughing )

( . ) v ( . )
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Have found a really good way to get full without eating that many calories... BEANS! Most days for lunch i'll have a chicken salad and i'll throw some black beans in there. Makes me so full and I stay full for a while! And it's really good too... I've stopped buying dressing and just use rice vinegar and hot salsa. Throw in some mustard adobo Chicken and with the black beans it's so good! And only 200 calories how is this possible?! I swear I throw beans in everything now...

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:01 pm

arooroomom wrote:
how is this possible?! I swear I throw beans in everything now...

Fiber in the beans is the reason why great source of nutrition and they fill you up and keep you filled up for a longer duration.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:12 pm

I love beans too! You should try this black bean salad that I made. It's a can of black beans, cilantro, red onions, corn (I substitute the corn for green beans if I'm being extremely health conscious..lol), lemon, salt, and tad bit of olive oil. It sounds so plain, but it's awesome!! Put it in the fridge for 30min and you're good to go!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:27 pm

SO!

160.8lbs this morning I HAVE OFFICIALLY LOST 20lbs! Wahoo!

Ugh jeez there have been a few times this past month and a half where i've just about said screw it! My body does this stupid thing where it wants to bounce around one weight for like 3 weeks! I was stuck at 167 for awhile... and then 165... then 163... It's been making me so frustrated!

But I don't care. 20lbs gone forever! We had a big gathering yesterday with my stepdads family... Everyone was fawning over me and couldn't believe it! (They haven't seen me in a few months) So that made me feel good Smile

Here's to another 20!

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Kristina go get that next 20!!! congrats for not giving up! i have been stuck for a month now and plan to beat it at the gym....

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next