It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Storm's Weight Loss progress

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:21 pm

aw, thanks!
sounds like Skyla is built like Ginger Smile

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:15 am

ACCOMPLISHED

weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 MiniHuskyHuddleFairgroundsRegionalDogPark082

Then I dropped him while trying to put him down.. and then I loved him!
weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 MiniHuskyHuddleFairgroundsRegionalDogPark084
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:58 am

you crack me up Heather! Razz

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:00 pm

WOW Heather! I can't even pick up my 52 lb sibe! LOL

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 5:07 pm

I can lift Koda over my head (60lbs) with ease.. Storm is way harder though, LOL!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
WOW Heather! I can't even pick up my 52 lb sibe! LOL

Yep, same here! I can NOT carry Mya (57lbs). I can carry Kody (47lbs) if I have too. Like today my parents came over after his bday party and he was going nuts jumping all over my dad (he LOVES him) so I picked him up and put him in his crate. BUT GEEZ HEATHER...Koda over your head? You're like superwoman!!! Not even kidding! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Wow Heather you must be in great shape! Way to go Storm for losing enough weight for Heather to pick you up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:08 pm

I use to be in great shape back in May! Ever since Jarod got home I slacked bad and then breaking my ankle (it's still healing too) has had me not even being able to run for 2 months.. yuck!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:39 pm

I use to be in good shape back when I worked at a zoo. Use to have to carry a 85lb tortoise to and from the barn where he slept daily. Now about 50lbs is all I can handle! I'm sure you'll be back in super hero strength in no time once your ankle heals!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:00 pm

cmanding wrote:
5/15/05 - Storm was born

10/29/05 - He got Interceptor for 51-100 lbs and Frontline for 45-88 lbs which means he weighed between 51 and 88 lbs

4/14/06 - He's still between 51 and 88 lbs

1/11/07 - Weighed at 95 lbs

7/12/08 - between 89 and 100 lbs

3/19/10 - over 100 lbs (Interceptor 100 lbs + 26-50lbs)

8/10/10 - Weighed 140 lbs

Between August 2010 and March 31st, 2011, he went into foster care and lost 28 lbs.

4/01/10 - arrived in Denver at 112.2 lbs

April 19 - 108 lbs

May 3 - 106.2 lbs.

May 6 - 105.9 lbs.

May 16 - 105.5 lbs.

May 27 - 103.9 lbs

June 1 - 102.9 lbs

June 8 - 102.2 lbs.....Dr. Miller: 'Well, hello Storm! I see all the pictures posted on Facebook, and you are looking so good lately! I remember when I first met you, I couldn't find any ribs under you, and now I can feel ribs!'

June 20 - 99.1 lbs

June 28 - 98.9 lbs

July 5 - 98.0 lbs

July 15 - 97.7 lbs

August 9 - 92.4 lbs

August 18 - 91 lbs
September 2 - 91.2 lbs

Dr. Miller says it's probably another plateau he's hit - just like us humans that go on a big weight loss program. But I'm not going to kill myself over .2 lbs...after all, he's already lost 21 lbs and that's a lot for a dog. Besides, it's been hot and I'll admit, I just haven't been out with him as much as I just don't like being that hot! And...at least it wasn't a 2 lb weight gain!

My next goal for Storm will be to reach 85 lbs by the end of October (mid-October if I can help it). He's getting his lump removed next Thursday so he won't be walking around too much for at least a week, I assume, but we'll get back on track.

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Wink We can always meet up at the park this weekend and let him chase Rogue to burn 2lbs! We were going to go tomorrow or Sunday anyways!

Since it's cooler though, with some hikes and a little longer walks I bet it'll melt off easily by end of Oct!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:12 pm

cmanding wrote:

5/15/05 - Storm was born

10/29/05 - He got Interceptor for 51-100 lbs and Frontline for 45-88 lbs which means he weighed between 51 and 88 lbs

4/14/06 - He's still between 51 and 88 lbs

1/11/07 - Weighed at 95 lbs

7/12/08 - between 89 and 100 lbs

3/19/10 - over 100 lbs (Interceptor 100 lbs + 26-50lbs)

8/10/10 - Weighed 140 lbs

Between August 2010 and March 31st, 2011, he went into foster care and lost 28 lbs.

4/01/10 - arrived in Denver at 112.2 lbs

April 19 - 108 lbs

May 3 - 106.2 lbs.

May 6 - 105.9 lbs.

May 16 - 105.5 lbs.

May 27 - 103.9 lbs

June 1 - 102.9 lbs

June 8 - 102.2 lbs.....Dr. Miller: 'Well, hello Storm! I see all the pictures posted on Facebook, and you are looking so good lately! I remember when I first met you, I couldn't find any ribs under you, and now I can feel ribs!'

June 20 - 99.1 lbs

June 28 - 98.9 lbs

July 5 - 98.0 lbs

July 15 - 97.7 lbs

August 9 - 92.4 lbs

August 18 - 91 lbs

September 2 - 91.2 lbs

September 9 - 89.2 lbs

WOO HOO!
9.2 more pounds to go!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Go Storm, Go!!!!

ok Claudia get your butt in gear, and jog off those last few lbs on him!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:25 pm

jbealer wrote:
Go Storm, Go!!!!

ok Claudia get your butt in gear, and jog off those last few lbs on him!

I need to drop 3-4 lbs myself!!

I'm going to get new running shoes, and hopefully his surgery on the 15th will only cause a few down days - I promise, I'll take him and jog off the last few lbs on me AND him!!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 7:14 pm

"Here's the 'new' me at 89.2 lbs! I have only a few more pounds to go!"
weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 Storm_12

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:51 pm

HOTNESS! Looking very studly there, Storm! Laughing

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:46 am

September 15 - 87.7 lbs

7.7 more to go!!!

And now that the weather has been cool, he is FRISKY!!! YeeHaw!

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:55 pm

cmanding wrote:
"Here's the 'new' me at 89.2 lbs! I have only a few more pounds to go!"
weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 Storm_12

Whoa! Congrats! Look at that tuck, Storm!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:57 pm

He does not even look like the same Storm that came to your house Smile hes a stud!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:01 pm

jbealer wrote:
He does not even look like the same Storm that came to your house Smile hes a stud!
Remember when we first met him when Tara brought him to my house and how he 'bumbled' when he ran?

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:17 pm

October 10 - 85.5 lbs

Only 5 more lbs to go!

Now that the weather has cooled off, 5 lbs should be easy!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Almost there! Keep it up!

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Woohoo! Congrats Storm! You're getting into Chili territory, you may have to battle it out for largest husky in the west. I propose a dance off! Smile
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Oooh! What is Chili's weight? Storm can dance...he and Heather's Koda danced all afternoon, all night and most of the next morning! Razz

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:14 pm

cmanding wrote:
Oooh! What is Chili's weight? Storm can dance...he and Heather's Koda danced all afternoon, all night and most of the next morning! Razz

ha! That's great that he dances!!! Chili's too lazy to dance. hehe He even play fights with Frosti laying down!

He fluctuates between 73 and 79.2-ish. Even at 79, he doesn't look fat just like a football player - bigger in the shoulders. Prednisone packed on the pounds after he lost weight post-Frosti adoption. We feed him the same, so it's really about his activity. I do cut back on the food 1/4 cup when he's chunky monkey. Smile My boy's just big boned. Laughing He makes Frosti look tiny but she's actually at the top end of the female husky range at 50-ish!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   weight - Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Storm's Weight Loss progress

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next