It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:25 pm

I can't see the video Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Maybe it will only should to FB friends. facebook.com/singoursong is my FB is you wanna add me!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Looks like they all had a ton of fun! Pics are great! I love you
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:07 pm

YouTube instead of Fartbook for videos then us outcast can watch.
Back to top Go down
wintershuman
Newborn
Newborn
wintershuman

Male Join date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Great pictures! I adore the one of Rogue leaning on Koda. So sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinemeadowpond.com
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:58 pm

That's so adorable! I love them - they're all so cute! So Ginger lets Koda snuggle but not Storm???
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Heather, what camera do you have? The pictures look professional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 pm

I have a D5000 and Claudia has a D5100 (the upgrade- 2011 model, mine is 2010). Not sure if there's much of a difference on them features wise.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 pm

I was looking at the D5100 at Best Buy the other day. I really want one, but affraid they're pricey! I don't think hubby will go for that in a million years! Do you girls happen to know of any other good quality cameras that are a bit cheaper?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 pm

I know the Nikon D3000 is like $500. In all reality a camera is only as good as the person handling it(and it also helps to have a good photoshop program for when you have bad lighting or over/under exposure) and then collecting a variety of lenses(however most good lenses are $500 to well over $1K). But obviously the more expensive and newer bodies do have better specs. I looked into it and Claudia's camera has better light sensitivty and color depth.. and better boost ISO. Most of the other stuff is the displays and overall look of the cam. I do want to sell my 5000 for a D90 or D7000 after I start working again, I did enjoy using her camera more than my own since it has a better f-stop and everything.

There are good point and shoots that are under $400 though.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:56 pm

MelissaI wrote:
I was looking at the D5100 at Best Buy the other day. I really want one, but affraid they're pricey! I don't think hubby will go for that in a million years! Do you girls happen to know of any other good quality cameras that are a bit cheaper?

A good alternative is the Canon Rebel - loove mine (haven't had it charged since we got the pups, though - darn renovation! Can't find the cord)
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-XS-Digital-18-55mm-Black/dp/B001CBKJGG/ref=pd_cp_p_pw_1
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:49 pm

I love my Rebel also. I really like the fact that our lens from the Canon 35mm work on it.
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 am

OMG that video is too cute. I love how they all stopped. Rogue's howl is so sweet. I played it for Stormy, but it didn't work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:18 am

I'm a Nikon girl, but I've also never really used a Canon. But like I said I think if you take the time to learn the ropes and learn how to fix your oopsies, you will be fine with any cam and can collect lenses over time!

And I know, she was so cute howling! I plugged my iPhone in my car and played the video over the speakers and tried to get them to go again in the car.. no luck!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:01 am

MelissaI wrote:
Ditto what Heather said, but what are you looking for? Point-n-shoot? Zoom capability? Compact? And how much do you want to spend?

I've been a Nikon girl when I was into photography but that was WAAAAAY back in the day when it was film. I loaded my own film into the canister and developed my own film and prints. Like I said, WAAAAAAY back when I was in college!

I knew what I wanted this time around, and I wanted to get something I could grow into. My friend who is a professional photographer is a Canon girl and I looked at her set-up and she recommended a few Canon's. Then I talked to Heather, then I shopped around and did price comparison.

I started looking at mid price range and for just the couple hundred bucks more, I could get a really nice kit so I decided to get put the money up front because if I bought just the body and a lens, it would cost about $500+ more to get the rest of the stuff that came in the bundle!

If you tell us what you're looking for, and how much you want to spend, we could make recommendations.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:49 am

Heatherlee wrote:
In all reality a camera is only as good as the person handling it

This is so true. Having an SLR is not automatically going to give you amazing pictures, you have to know how to use the camera. Using an SLR on "auto" is such a waste so if you opt for an SLR I hope you intend to learn how to use it. If not then save your money and invest in a good quality point and shoot such as the Canon S95. I have the Canon S90 which is a great P&S that can take shots really close in quality to a DSLR but obviously it's not quite there. I believe the S95 is the newer successor to the S90 and it really doesn't cost all that much. I know they've come down in price since I got my S90 last year.

I think Canons are top picks for P&S's, Nikons more for DSLR's. I think Canon DSLR's might be easier for beginners. And I've seen pics posted by people with great Canon DSLRs that just look horrible because they don't know how to use them properly...when in the right hands those same shots could look amazing.

My hubby is waiting for the Nikon D300s replacement to finally upgrade to a more professional DSLR. When he gets his upgrade (if Nikon would ever decide to release an upgrade Mad ) then he is going to give me his Nikon D90. I can't take the shots that he can because I am still learning how to use it but you compare the pics I take with his D90 to the ones he takes on it and the difference is night and day...Just an example of how it's all in the user. Wink

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:52 am

Point/shoot and zoom capability too! Don't mind how big it is as long as it's not HUGE! The most I'd want to spend is $600.

I want to be able to take good pictures without them coming blurry and from a distance as well. Most of the pictures I take are of the dogs while they're in action and I can never get a good shot because it's comes out blurry Mad

Hubby got me a new camera in May and it was about $350 (i think). It's not a BAD camera, but it's not great either. The blurriness seriously get's on my nerves! We've played with all of the settings and it's just not good at catching action shots.

It's an Olympus, but need to look and see what model when i get home.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Melissa, look into the Fuji line of cameras, I bought the S2900 series last year and have been completely satisfied. Does still shots, video, panoramic, continue shoot pics mode and a whole much of neat stuff that I'll never use. Best thing is that its well under $200.

Here is very similar to what I receive last year.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fuji-FUJIFILM-S2940/16489940
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Like Val said, I also have the S95 after her recommendation and it has quite a few manual options like an DSLR does and as long as you learn to work it properly, you can easily get actual shots and it has a decent zoom on it too. But getting REALLY good zoom is expensive.. especially with an DSLR. My zoom lens was $600 on it's own.. my camera was only 150 more!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 pm

I would love to take great pictures but If I'm spending that kind of money on a camera then I would need to take a photography class. I will have to check out the Cannon S95 in the mean time since my money is going into the houes right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:47 pm

What's so weird with classes.. well, at least in college- it's ALL photoshop! Jarod and I took a photo class last year and I think maybe the first day they said something about the cam itself and then it was all CS5 teaching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party   Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ginger and Storm's Husky Slumber Party

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2