It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kyliesunshine
Puppy
Puppy
kyliesunshine

Female Join date : 2011-11-21

Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:54 pm

jalepeno wrote:
I'm glad you found us, and that you rescued Finn.
He's a beautiful boy.

Thank you so much, I am just glad that we were given the opportunity. We had been looking for a puppy for a while, so I guess it's true what they say. When it's time the right one will come along. He most definitely completes our family! Can't wait to have a few months behind us, to see how much things have changed!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/kylie.sunshinee
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm

kyliesunshine wrote:
Lainaloo wrote:
Hello Smile
We are in Alabama too. I wonder if you're close to us.
That's terrible for the people to do that to him but now he has you. Smile I hope things just keep getting better for the both of you!

Hey there Laina, I live in Huntsville!

In a past relationship the ex and I talked about moving south, I love north eastern Alabama. Especially Guntervilles State Park, spent quite a few vacations there over a 6 year period.

She ended up buying a condo on the Florida coast near Panama Beach, bye bye.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:38 pm

My dads immediate family lived in Huntsville for a LONG time before moving to FL. I used to go there all the time when I was young.

Watch them w/ the door... They can be so bad and all it takes is you not paying attention for like .5 seconds and they'll slip out.

Welcome- He's handsome Wink

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 pm

arooroomom wrote:

Watch them w/ the door... They can be so bad and all it takes is you not paying attention for like .5 seconds and they'll slip out.

That's no joke! I'm pretty sure Ghost can actually teleport, she moves so fast out the door it's amazing.

Kylie, I'll have to give you a shout at some point, because I really want to get up to Huntsville now that I live so close again. That was my biggest regret when I lived here before, that I never made it up that way. I'll have to pick your brain about hiking in that area as well. There's not much good stuff around here and WAY too many rattlesnakes. I'm recovering from major ankle reconstruction right now, but come late spring I should be up for hiking again, and that's something that Aaron and I really enjoy and want to get Ghost into.

Oh, and I'm not judging about the Texas thing, but know that I'm sitting here giving the upside down Hook 'Em Horns Razz Kidding, my football loyalties lie elsewhere, so I never really got into the whole Texas/OU thing.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:52 pm

wave Welcome to the forum! Handsome fella you got there!
Back to top Go down
mojavemike1
Newborn
Newborn
mojavemike1

Male Join date : 2011-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:33 am

kyliesunshine wrote:
[b]
Finn, is somewhat trained... potty trained which is an important part for me...

...not only potty trained, but bathroom trained as well, lol

Welcome to the forum.

Mike
Back to top Go down
kyliesunshine
Puppy
Puppy
kyliesunshine

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Guntersville is BEAUTIFUL, I don't live far from it, but I don't get to visit that often! I so would if lived in Scottsboro. When I was 18 we owned a house out there so I was in Gville all the time.

Alabama is an absolutely beautiful place to live, you can make a whole day of exploring and boy is it well worth it.

Back to top Go down
kyliesunshine
Puppy
Puppy
kyliesunshine

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:34 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

That's no joke! I'm pretty sure Ghost can actually teleport, she moves so fast out the door it's amazing.

Kylie, I'll have to give you a shout at some point, because I really want to get up to Huntsville now that I live so close again. That was my biggest regret when I lived here before, that I never made it up that way. I'll have to pick your brain about hiking in that area as well. There's not much good stuff around here and WAY too many rattlesnakes. I'm recovering from major ankle reconstruction right now, but come late spring I should be up for hiking again, and that's something that Aaron and I really enjoy and want to get Ghost into.

Oh, and I'm not judging about the Texas thing, but know that I'm sitting here giving the upside down Hook 'Em Horns Razz Kidding, my football loyalties lie elsewhere, so I never really got into the whole Texas/OU thing.

Yeah, I can see that the door thing will be tricky... I just don't ever want him to get out... He might get hit, never come back or someone would definitely keep him!

I'd love to get together and take to you some really neat places, whenever you are in town let me know and we can get the pups together and make a day out of it! I am sure Finn would in enjoy that as well... and as long as we are picking brains, I'll make sure to pick yours about Huskies! I have read a lot, but I know a lot of good info comes from true husky owners, plus its just fun to hear about all of the stories.

Looking forward to getting know you and your pup!
Back to top Go down
kyliesunshine
Puppy
Puppy
kyliesunshine

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:35 pm

26nikita wrote:
wave Welcome to the forum! Handsome fella you got there!

Thank you so much :] I am so glad to be here!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Yeah, I think a little weekend trip for Aaron and I is in order. We need a fun little vacation, we've been stuck in the house pretty much since my surgery a month ago. I'm excited, I haven't been up there since I was 18!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
kyliesunshine
Puppy
Puppy
kyliesunshine

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Oh wow, it has been a few years! This place hasn't really changed that much! Well I hope you continue to recover and quick! Sorry to hear about being stuck in the house, I know how that can be. I feel bad for Finn because the weather her in Huntsville has been terrible. We have really bad weather coming for us today. So the pups can't go and play out side... And boy am I having a hard time with them right now...

Dot is a female who hasn't been fixed yet, my roommate has her scheduled for sometime this month or next month I am not exactly sure... And since we can't get a hold of finn's former parents yet, I am not exactly sure what his last shots where.... If he is up to date with all of them then it will only be 50$ to get him fixed but if not it will be close to 200 for everything... But I need to get that done asap, because it's hard to train a dog who only has one thing on his mind.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!   Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally, catching a break with this thing! New husky owner, here!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2