It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

IN - Cali is looking for a new home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home Empty
PostSubject: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 pm

This posting is for a friend of mine. I am helping his situation by giving her a halfway home for a couple months.

Meet Cali- 4 y/o female
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home Roadtrip

right now these are the only picture I have on this computer. I have had her for 3 weeks seeing how she actually is b4 trying to find her a new home. Cali is from a 2 dog house. My friend got engaged and his fiance and son both have allergy issues with pets. She also had some bad habits he let her do that put her in a position that made him start looking for a new home for Cali. Noah, the son, was eating and Cali was begging and eventually "snapped" is what I was told. Noah got upset and Cali came to join me. She has been great here though. We have gone to local park for walks and to stores. She loves to jump up on people, but that is something we are working on. She hasn't met a dog she doesn't like. She eats and drinks great through out the day like expected. She does like to play and can kinda get rough, but I put gloves on and she is fine. I will post some pictures of her this weekend. she loves to spend her time outdoors, so I take her out a lot through out the day, but she gets 3 long walks (1 mile+ each). She is okay on a leash, just needs a few corrections at each walk. She is trained to sit when a car comes down the road.

I will post more later.

thanks guys for all the topics that have helped me with Cali. I have been on here alot the last few weeks. I had a rescued German Shepherd that I found a great home for her a couple years ago.

located 20 minutes south of Indy
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 1:37 pm

home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home Daytona046

home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home Daytona045

home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home Daytona042

home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home Daytona041

Here are some pictures of Cali I took this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Kaya
Newborn
Newborn
Kaya

Female Join date : 2011-12-24

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Sad Thats so sad. I hope she finds a great home although she looks happy with you!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 6:10 pm

what a pretty girl- hope she finds a new home soon
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 11:27 pm

She is happy to be where she is, the bad part is I can't keep her around her. I talked to my landlord about keeping her. He said I was unable to keep her for more than a couple months to find her a new home. I am just glad to get ahold of my friend b4 he took her to a shelter or dropped her off somewhere. At least her she can hang out till she finds a new home. Today I got a book to learn some little tidbits on huskies incase I can get online to check here. I can travel a bit if that would help her find a great home is someone interested.

Thanks for looking
Kevin

email: kevosnew1@hotmail.com, cell phone 317-418-1928
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Cali and I have been working together on some stuff her previous human shouldn't have let her do. Cali now goes "potty" w/o a leash and comes back in right after. But when we go for walks we put on her leash so seems that she has figured out what to do based on what if she gets her harness or just collar. Today Cali was worn out just after morning walk.
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CALI046
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CALI047
Last night I found how that she stashes her chew toys and treats for going to her room at nite
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CALI045
Cali did a great job on christmas here at my house. My brother came over and she met him at the door and was calm back to normal within 5 minutes.

Cali lovers her "room" and enjoys laying in it a decent amount of the time hanging out the house.

We go for a walk totaling roughly 3 miles and she is great with that amount of exercise she gets and is pretty calm here during the day.
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CALI065
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CALI057
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CALI050
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Hope the pup finds a home soon. One piece of advice though i would strongly advise not to let her off leash even just to go to the bathroom. Every single husky will bolt when given the chance. Do a search on here about it all other members on here will agree with me on this.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 7:32 pm

okay, thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 am

Here are some more pics of Cali- finally found her a toy she is at least some what interested
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CaliRamp025-Copy

Testing out the new ramp I made

home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CaliRamp029-Copy

BTW- she lovers her treats and pig ears

home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CaliRamp014

Cali just being goofy
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CaliRamp008
home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home CaliRamp001

Also, Cali is transitioning to Taste of the Wild
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:05 am

I sent your information to a friend of mine that runs a rescue. I don't know if she'll be able to help, but I thought to just send your info along on Cali just in case she can help. I know she's helped other out-of-state huskies before, so maybe she'll be able to help somehow.

Good luck!
Cali is a pretty girl!
I do hope she finds a home.

Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:11 am

AWESOME, thanks for your assistance sending the info to your friend. I don't mind driving to get her to a great home, I would, though, like assistance for the gas to get there, but I want to see her in a great place with people like us who care for dogs like the should be. I got her from a home that I thought was a good one but turned out he was the guy that came home from work, opened the back door, let em out there a while, fed em, and hoped they didn't destroy anything. She had aggression issues and alot of other stuff. Now she is calm and laid back. took her today and introduced them to a mastiff and couple of dachsunds (however its spelled) and she did great. And went for a ride in the car for a bit and did great there also. I would love to keep her for sure, I double checked with my landlord this week about her, he said if I keep her she has to stay in the garage, I said well if I don't find her a home I would. She is still inside like she has been from day one.

Thanks again Claudia,

Kevin
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:50 am

I want to get Neo a playmate so bad, I'm sure he would love a girlfriend lol! If it wasn't for our fencing issues I would say bring her to tn! One day we will get it fixed, she sure is pretty.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:57 am

A trip to TN would be nice, Good luck with the fence and finding him a playmate either way with Cali or another. I think cali would love to have a playmate/companion. But right now loves the personal time with me to get to know me. Luckily I work at home and can get a very flexible schedule for her. I don't have a fence here and have no issues, but when going farther than to potty I put her on a leash. At times we have tested the waters w/o one and been great. She comes back when I call her each time. (please do not reply just to say I shouldn't- I want to know how she acts on all counts b4 I give her to the new home- thanks)
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:06 am

I wouldn't mind not having a fence if it wasn't fir the 4yr old. I dont think I could handle her and two huskies lol! Its nice being able to go in the backyard and letting them run around. Ive gotten good about not letting neo get out the bad spot as long as I'm watching him. I dont know if I could keep 2 huskies from escaping! Hopefully thismonth I can get it fixed right.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Got a possible meet and greet with a person interested in Cali. She contacted her previous human about here and has been asking alot of good questions. Just working on planning a neutral ground meet with her current dog. Cali was in a two dog house and I think she likes it better than home of one..but exercising helps that cause alot.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:59 am

Sad But at the same time Very Happy

Have you asked them a lot of questions yet? My mom makes people wanting to adopt a dog from her to fill out an application and her calls their vet to make sure they take care of their pets. She does that before letting them meet the dog so there aren't any hurt feelings, like them falling in love with the dog and then her wanting to say no cause she finds out they never go to the vet. She'll also google earth their house to make sure they are telling the truth about their house and if they have a fence (you can usually see that much detail in the pictures). Pretty easy things to do just on the computer. But I also suggest doing a home visit too.

home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Well she isn't getting her just off of tomorrows meet. This is a test for her dog...IF that works out, then I am going to check in on her info. My friend who is Cali's previous human is the one that found her. I plan on checking on everything- vet, food, yard, exercise plans. Yeah I agree on the research. It's bad enough that one human had her without fulfilling her needs, she doesn't deserve a 2nd one. I want to do a house visit with cali so see how things go there and also touch base with what she wants. This is not going to be a short and sweet "okay dog meet human...human meet dog" and leave her with them.

I have some pics to post of Cali from our trip to petsmart today. I found a dog shirt for her. It's an Ozzy Osborne shirt and it just barely fits- its an XL and lil tight on her but she is a good sport and allows it. She did great with all her socializing we encountered today.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Talked to a local Husky rescue recommended from a fellow member on here and they offered to check out the possible people if I just get them to fill out application and get it back to the rescue. She has been great the last couple emails. We are going to meet up at Petco when they are doing a saturday there to talk to each other and know each other. Cali didn't have her play date and meet afterall toady, but the weather wasn't that great here.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Well Cali had a meet and greet with a family with a husky named Stango, which is a year old. They got along great today. Cali put him in his place and humped in about ten times total. I wasn't surprised by that action but the new family was glad to see a dog stood up Stango finally. Right now Cali is hanging out for a couple week trail period to see how they all work. The family is my sister in laws cousin and is a previous owner b4 Stango. They lost their first husky Akira in June. We have discussed the food situation with them also. They feed Stango, sadly to say, Beneful. We had a good 5 minute discussion with them about how a quality food will actually need less food AND be better for Cali and Stango. I hope they take our words on it. My sister in law and I will be checking in each day for a couple weeks to make sure all is good.

On a second note, on a walk with Cali yesterday, a local husky owner that lives on my street stopped me to talk like usual. He told me his land lord that first said he could get a dog now says he can't. So he asked if I could help him with Mika his 11 month old husky, I will post later on her. I think I already found her a home btw.

Thanks everyone for all your help with Cali and making her a great husky for the new family!!!!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 pm

That's exciting for Cali! So are you fostering your neighbors dog now? Smile
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Well I told him I would help him any way I can, Mika is a puppy that needs to get to a house that knows how to take care of his needs. This guy has only walked mika once that I have seen within an okay amount. Its one of those that lets his dog out the yard and back in. He has a choker style leash that seemed to be thrown on. He said she has that because she chews up nylon leashes and collars. I wanted to inform him with proper exercise she might not do it as much. I gave him my number and within this week I should find out. I am keeping Cali in my profile because we all talked about after two week period check in the agreement will be made. I foster any dog that needs to find a good home, so far 1 german shepherd, 1 rott mix, and one Cali...lol
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Good job, Kevin! Smile Hopefully it all works out!

In case your own landlord consents to having a dog, definitely get in writing so that you have recourse if he changes his mind. Things like this make me so angry, especially because so many people around here relinquish their dogs for that reason.

And good luck with Mika - how exciting! Smile Post pics!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:48 pm

i wish I took my phone the time I talked to him about Mika so I could get pics of her, she is black and white but didn't seem to be as fluffy as Cali was.

Thanks for advice
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:33 am

Cali is coming home tomorrow. I am unsure what exactly is going on. I am afraid they didn't listen to me after all the time I talked to them. I informed them that if they give her exercise she will be great, thinking that they didn't walk her at all. She was aggressive to Stango their 11 month old husky/shepherd mix. I will find out more tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:48 am

If they gave up already and didn't call you for assistance and just asked to give her back - then they don't deserve her. Sucks for her, but she's lucky to have you fall back on. Did they mistake aggressive for husky play? Best of luck... the right home will come along. If you need assistance, a local rescue may do a courtesy post for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IN - Cali is looking for a new home   home - IN - Cali is looking for a new home Empty

Back to top Go down

IN - Cali is looking for a new home

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next