It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:26 am

I personally think he looks agouti
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:14 am

Jennet you can copy pics from Luka & Kittys scrapbook if you want, otherwise ill try to post pics late this week. I'm switching internet providers so I'm stuck posting from my phone. Looking good so far!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:47 am

sounds good i'll go look through it Smile
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:08 am

Sabaka is a red/white and, I believe, you would classify him more specifically as copper/white (much like Willow and Jack). Chili is a very different copper! (and quite beautiful, I might add!)

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 Nov11b10
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:23 am

Lu&Katsmom wrote:
Jennet you can copy pics from Luka & Kittys scrapbook if you want, otherwise ill try to post pics late this week. I'm switching internet providers so I'm stuck posting from my phone. Looking good so far!
I had no idea Kitty was from Aoi Kita Kaze! Michelle said your email doesn't work and to send her request on fb! https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1567626646 She has a bunch of cute puppy pics of Kitty on there I love you
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:31 am

updated:

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 205f3o6
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:39 am

SabakaMom wrote:
Sabaka is a red/white and, I believe, you would classify him more specifically as copper/white (much like Willow and Jack). Chili is a very different copper! (and quite beautiful, I might add!)

Thank you! Smile I love Sabaka's chocolate color, too! The reds are all so varied!

The copper/white is broken down into "red copper" (dark red like Chili) and "chocolate copper" (brown like Sabaka). http://www.huskycolors.com/rescue.html

The genetics info on the site is fascinating! In order for Chili to get such a rich warm coat color, one of his parents carried the agouti gene!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:34 am

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Lu&Katsmom wrote:
I had no idea Kitty was from Aoi Kita Kaze! Michelle said your email doesn't work and to send her request on fb! https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1567626646 She has a bunch of cute puppy pics of Kitty on there I love you

Yep! I'll have to shoot her an email later. I got Kitty when she was an older puppy so I'm really glad Michelle took tons of puppy pics. I'm not on facebook (I know, its strange) but my boyfriend is so we just use his page to look at her stuff. I think she is doing a color thing too right now. Kitty has such an awesome temperament so when I do get another pup it will likely be from her.

Back to top Go down
HuskyLuvver
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyLuvver

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:49 am

Amber is a red and white with amber colored eyes I love you

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 Photo11
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
I think kody's wolf gray.

Mel, I used this pic of Mya unless you want a different one
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 166652_10150131827360971_500050970_8548669_3487427_n

Sounds good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Both of mine are Black and White with blue eyes:
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 Dsc01512
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:53 pm

So I am so confused on what determines wolf grey from regular grey.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:24 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
The genetics info on the site is fascinating! In order for Chili to get such a rich warm coat color, one of his parents carried the agouti gene!

See this is why I love this forum. I learn something new all the time! That's interesting to hear that Sam.

I wish we could get Willow, Jack and Sabaka in the same room for a pic. I think they look so much alike and wonder if I would feel the same if I saw them together.
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Jennet...here are some pics of the pups...but you're welcome to use whatever ones you see me post!

Calypso-White Sibe...showing her very black nose!
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 2011-12-22_11-42-18_246

Calypso-White Sibe puppy at 9 weeks
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 2011-12-20_10-45-30_875

Side pic of Neptune at 9 weeks old. Going with his color ATM as diluted black
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 003

Back view of Neptune at 10 weeks
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 2011-12-24_12-34-20_959

Ridiculous shot of Neptune, lol, but shows great mask coloring-10 weeks old
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 010

Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Calypso is sooo cute I wish I could have gotten Thor when he was a puppy.
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

iceblulady wrote:

Awe, thank you Deb!! Very Happy

Yes, I'm sure Thor was a super cute pup, and I know it probably stinks to have missed out on that part of his life, but he sure looks super happy to be where he is now! Very Happy

And also, I noticed, Thor has a black nose too. I read in one Sibe book that pure white huskies only have pink/liver colored noses, and obviously that is not true!

Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:51 pm

26nikita wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:

See this is why I love this forum. I learn something new all the time! That's interesting to hear that Sam.

I wish we could get Willow, Jack and Sabaka in the same room for a pic. I think they look so much alike and wonder if I would feel the same if I saw them together.

Who would have thought agouti would be at ALL associated with dark red!?! Neat...

I agree, Mindy! I would love to see Willow and Jack in person just to see if I think they look like my Sabaka! (Even though that is probably not a good idea because I would probably try to doggie-nap both of them!) I know from pics that Jack has a fuller tail than Sabaka. And, of course, all of the facial markings are a little different but their builds really are SO similar!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Bodhi is black and white with brown eyes.
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 B-lake10
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:50 pm

As far as I know, solid white sibes can have the liver points or black points. If their eyes/mouths/noses are red then they carry the red gene.

Last edited by shaina&indy on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 am

Mermaidista wrote:
iceblulady wrote:

Awe, thank you Deb!! Very Happy

Yes, I'm sure Thor was a super cute pup, and I know it probably stinks to have missed out on that part of his life, but he sure looks super happy to be where he is now! Very Happy

And also, I noticed, Thor has a black nose too. I read in one Sibe book that pure white huskies only have pink/liver colored noses, and obviously that is not true!

I have no clue on that, I have seen other white huskies with different color noses. I think his dad may have had a lot of black since his name is Black Knight no clue what what his mom look like. So he may have gotten the black points from him. The other 2 huskies I had I think both had black noses one was black/white and the other was red/white.
I was lucky enough to see a few puppy pics of Thor when my SIL friend had him on their FB page. But when they decided to give him to me I think they deleted them.
Yea, I think he is happy a little too happy but that might have something to do with the rat poison he ate when he was 3 months old. I think it left him a little loopy.
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 am

lol! Deb

Calypo's father was a pure white husky with a black nose, and her mother was a red & white husky. She was very light though, for a red. Here they are:

Calypo's Mom, Cheyanne
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 DSC00339

Calypso's Dad, Arctic Snow
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 DSC00328
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Wow Arctic Snow looks big
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 pm

He looks more like a Samoyed than a Husky
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:49 pm

iceblulady wrote:
Wow Arctic Snow looks big

Laughing Yes he does look big. Rather woolyish. He is a husky...not a Samoyed. He was also bi-eyed. One blue and one brown, he was a sight to behold!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:42 pm

I've found this thread really informative, thank you for starting it. Plus I always enjoy looking at pictures of everyone's huskies.

I have a question about the wolf grey vs sable. Can wolf greys have banded guard hairs like the sables, or does the banding mean the dog is a sable?

Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next