It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Speaking of colors - this boy was just rescued in LA. Black husky? Or shep mix? Reminds me of Kitty!
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 39795510color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 39545210

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Ghost wrote:
I've found this thread really informative, thank you for starting it. Plus I always enjoy looking at pictures of everyone's huskies.

I have a question about the wolf grey vs sable. Can wolf greys have banded guard hairs like the sables, or does the banding mean the dog is a sable?

Husky colors says "Sable dogs have a red, chocolate or orange undercoat (whereas wolf greys have a beige undercoat). Points (eye rims, nose and lips) are black. Individual guard hairs are banded (each strand has multiple colors). Also referred to as "black nosed reds"." I've seen a sable in person and there's a big difference between Wolf Grey and Sable. The wolf grey looks more grey and white overall (black and white) while the Sable looks more like a light red tipped in black. Chili met his sable dobbleganger at training one day!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:57 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:

Husky colors says "Sable dogs have a red, chocolate or orange undercoat (whereas wolf greys have a beige undercoat). Points (eye rims, nose and lips) are black. Individual guard hairs are banded (each strand has multiple colors). Also referred to as "black nosed reds"." I've seen a sable in person and there's a big difference between Wolf Grey and Sable. The wolf grey looks more grey and white overall (black and white) while the Sable looks more like a light red tipped in black. Chili met his sable dobbleganger at training one day!

Thank you. I think Ghost is wolf grey. He does have banded fur but his undercoat is beige. (I'm not going to take a pic and post it right now because his fur hasn't grown back from the op yet).
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:02 pm

I love the white paws on the black dog!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:08 pm

He looks more like a shepherd mix to me...beautiful dog though!
Back to top Go down
huskies81
Puppy
Puppy
huskies81

Male Join date : 2012-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Black and white
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 DSCN1301
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Adobo, I guess this would be grey and white.

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Dscf0432z

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Dscf0147pi

With a small splash of merle.

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Dscf0437s

Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:12 pm

Yoshimira ~Wolf gray and White & Darker in winter lighter in Summer ) Both Blue
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 168705_500839448123_733943123_6307608_1814931_n-1

Icon ~ Black & White (gets very reddish In Summer )~Both Blues
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 168187_500840593123_733943123_6307618_6343948_n-1

Yoshi~Copper & White ~ Both Blue
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 332354_10150497773408124_733943123_8895925_122657372_o

Gixxer~ White ~ Both Blue
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 337528_10150486391453124_733943123_8860246_1205011292_o
Back to top Go down
Eurith
Puppy
Puppy
Eurith

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:07 am

Beautiful dogs, people! I get really lazy whenever I remember to do so, but I have some pretty decent pics of Koda (a.k.a K-dub or Kodowski). He's white, brown eyes & (mostly) black nose: color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 2011-111

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 2011-113
These are car ride to & fro the vet's office pics lol. I'm not sure which, but he had just gotten a bath in one of those pics. I believe it's the first one though.
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:03 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Speaking of colors - this boy was just rescued in LA. Black husky? Or shep mix? Reminds me of Kitty!
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 39795510color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 39545210

AWWWW! He does look like Kitty. I WANT!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:30 am

Saturday is the deadline to get your pics in, after that I will post the thread with everything Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Saturday is the deadline to get your pics in, after that I will post the thread with everything Smile

Did I miss the wrap up thread?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:51 pm

subbing for answer to Brian's question. I'd love to show off my copper girl Smile
Back to top Go down
Rezman
Newborn
Newborn
Rezman

Male Join date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Per AKC, Bella Blue is black and white, but she has a black stripe down her back and is clearly grey on her sides. She looks just like her predecessor Teila, who had the same coloring as a pup but aged to grey and white with a hint of red on the haunches.

Bella Blue - 7 weeks
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 P1050410

Teila is in my profile pic. That's her aged 14.6 years, on her last day alive.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:26 pm

she is a mal. Seal color. basically seal is black and white with a cream color under coat.

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 292530_10150891579794616_542939615_13008205_1166042061_a
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:39 pm

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 401487637

I guess Blaze is dark red or brown he has a lot of brown in him.
Back to top Go down
evelazquez
Teenager
Teenager
evelazquez

Male Join date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Coquito is copper and white with blue eyes.
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Imag0016
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 pm

ljelgin wrote:
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 401487637

I guess Blaze is dark red or brown he has a lot of brown in him.

Blaze would be considered a chocolate copper. Smile That's what Willow is.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Rezman wrote:
Per AKC, Bella Blue is black and white, but she has a black stripe down her back and is clearly grey on her sides. She looks just like her predecessor Teila, who had the same coloring as a pup but aged to grey and white with a hint of red on the haunches.

Bella Blue - 7 weeks
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 P1050410

Teila is in my profile pic. That's her aged 14.6 years, on her last day alive.

Kale was exactly like that as a pup and he's a black and white. He's 2 now.

3 months
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Img_7210

5 months
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Kale_113

Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Tobin2012
Newborn
Newborn
Tobin2012

Female Join date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Tobin is grey/white/with a little blackcolor - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Tobin_12
Back to top Go down
Tobin2012
Newborn
Newborn
Tobin2012

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:22 pm

[url=color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Tobin_13]color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Tobin_13[/url]
Back to top Go down
Tobin2012
Newborn
Newborn
Tobin2012

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:26 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f41/17/41/00/23/tobin_14.jpg
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 am

Cato is wolf grey- but he has quite a stripe down his back. Brown Eyes

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Photobucket-3625-1334034273839

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Photobucket-10666-1334034221778

Delilah is Wolf Grey - I think. Bright Blue Eyes.

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Photobucket-3807-1325636393390
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 pm

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 6316865608_81d8b30b41_z
Libby is a sable sadle back.

color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 7067927281_c3ac015437_z
Lucy is more a brownish red and white.
They both have the pink striped nose,
Back to top Go down
VanaBerry1002
Newborn
Newborn
VanaBerry1002

Female Join date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Copper   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Rex is copper and white with amber eyes
Although some days he looks darker than others
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Rex3
color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Rex2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.   color - Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Please post pics of your sibes with what color they are.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next