It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from South Florida!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
firebellydancerjax
Newborn
Newborn
firebellydancerjax

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

Hello from South Florida! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:30 am

Just joined this site and I am ready to learn as much as possible....We have two gorgeous female huskies: Ava, who is seven years old and a rescue (breeding female from a puppy mill in North Florida) and Bella, who is one year old. They are the best things in my life, of course after my son! They make use very happy...Definitely enjoying having them and doing lots of things with them...

Denise
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:33 am

Hi Denise!!!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 am

bounce Yay, you posted Denise!!!
Back to top Go down
firebellydancerjax
Newborn
Newborn
firebellydancerjax

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:35 am

Hey, girl! Just joined and reading up on different topics!!
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 am

Hi welcome to the forums another Floridan. I am in Port St Lucie not far from you wave
Can't wait to see pics of your huskies.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:38 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:48 am

YAY Denise!!!!! Happy to see you here Very Happy
There is a wealth of information here....you'll love it.
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:04 am

Welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:11 am

Welcome! Your girls are really pretty Smile

I love this influx of new members from Florida!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Hello from South Florida! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:19 am

Welcome! You're pups are so cute!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:51 am

Dee&Frankie wrote:

There you are! I thought about you yesterday since I hadn't seen you post Very Happy Almost ready for the trip?!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:07 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Dee&Frankie wrote:

There you are! I thought about you yesterday since I hadn't seen you post Very Happy Almost ready for the trip?!! Razz

Hey there! Yup, I'm still here. Just haven't been on the computer much lately.....trying the dating thing (but that saga is a whole thread in itself).
I am so not ready for the camping trip. I'm so glad I will have you guys there for back up, lol. I need to pay Krisina this weekend. I really want to go, but still a little nervous. But time out in the wild with pup is exactly what I need. I have been grossly reminded why it's been so long since I've dated.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Dee&Frankie wrote:
Hey there! Yup, I'm still here. Just haven't been on the computer much lately.....trying the dating thing (but that saga is a whole thread in itself).I am so not ready for the camping trip. I'm so glad I will have you guys there for back up, lol. I need to pay Krisina this weekend. I really want to go, but still a little nervous. But time out in the wild with pup is exactly what I need. I have been grossly reminded why it's been so long since I've dated.

Don't worry, it's going to be fun! Even if it's a little chaotic... it'll be fun!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:22 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Dee&Frankie wrote:
Hey there! Yup, I'm still here. Just haven't been on the computer much lately.....trying the dating thing (but that saga is a whole thread in itself).I am so not ready for the camping trip. I'm so glad I will have you guys there for back up, lol. I need to pay Krisina this weekend. I really want to go, but still a little nervous. But time out in the wild with pup is exactly what I need. I have been grossly reminded why it's been so long since I've dated.

Don't worry, it's going to be fun! Even if it's a little chaotic... it'll be fun!

Agreed! I have no doubt that it will be a little chaotic, but definitely fun! I'm excited! You'll need to catch us up on your dating issues while out in the woods!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Welcome! love your girls! our girl was a breeding rescue as well, then we adopted jack from a rescue to keep her company!
Florida Rolling Eyes don't know how you all do it!

i want to go camping, hell with our dry spell we should be in the mountains in no time, but there Eddy is all talking about march!!!!!

Newborn
Newborn
Heatherann0420

Female Join date : 2012-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Welcome! I'm from Fort Lauderdale (actually used to live in Lorrell Gardens apts in Coconut Creek in the 90s). Only been in TN for the past 3 yrs. You all must not be able to let your dogs out often during the summers on account of the heat, huh? We just got snow here today and it was so exciting for our us and our Husky! At 7 am my dog was pulling us around in the parking lot Smile lol was lots of fun! Can't wait to bring Beau down next time we visit home. He LOVES swimming in the creeks here so I am curious how he would feel about the ocean.
Hello from South Florida! Imag2910
Back to top Go down
firebellydancerjax
Newborn
Newborn
firebellydancerjax

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:55 pm

My girls love going out no matter what...But during the summer, I usually walk them or take them to the dog park in the morning or late evening so that they are not too hot. People ask me that all the time and I assure them that just like humans, my girls "let me know" when they've had enough and they want to come back into the comfort of the AC. I would love to take my girls to see and play in the snow! I'm thinking about calling the local ice skating rink and finding out if we could take the dogs over there and play with the leftover "snow"...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Florida!   Hello from South Florida! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from South Florida!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1